GDT: AEW All Out! | August 31st 2019 - 800pm - Chicago, IL

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
And Roman’s put some people over as well. Not that different.

So damned if they do damned if they don't then if you want to measure "being different to WWE" on individual instances because given the history of WWE you'd find they've done pretty much everything at some point.

Being different to WWE is about more than the result of one match lol.

And it's not like WWE is entirely stupid. Some things they do because they are the smart thing to do.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Knew Jericho was as going to blade when he rolled out. Was just thinking how there’s been no blood tonight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Crowd is tired but they know this match is a big deal so they don’t want to quit on it.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
They still made Hangman look good enough that for new people they can accept he's on that top tier level.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I thought that match was pretty good, don't get the negativity about it. No MOTY candidate but it was good.

But they followed something so insane that standards become huge.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Awesome PPV.

I still can’t believe the ladder match. LAX signing is awesome

Omega vs Page was really good.

Cody vs Spears was really well done as well.

Riho looked good. I wonder if they put the title on her, though the title match is in Nyla’s hometown.

Luchasaurus is crazy over. Kinda surprised they lost.

Hardcore match was great as well.

Dark Order vs Best Friends was just kinda there. Wasn’t bad in the ring, but match had no steam.

Overall, very happy.

Reactions: domaug

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jericho winning the title is the right move imo. I think it’s been understated how much credibility he’s brought to AEW. Obviously a safe choice too, and is another accomplishment for his career, only one person can be the first. Show was too long though imo.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
They still made Hangman look good enough that for new people they can accept he's on that top tier level.
Yep. And the replay of the highlights straight after the bell were mostly Hangman’s great spots.

Fantastic match. The setup to the Judas effect was perfect.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think that that was comfortably the best AEW or AEW affiliated PPV. Good showing overall. I'll look forward to the tv debut.

Reactions: domaug

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
the show personally did nothing for me even if it was solid & the best of them, but it says more about my level of interest in wrestling than anything else.

Jericho as champ makes it more likely i’ll tune in to check it out at least because i personally never really cared for Hangman

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Pretty good match, feels cheap for Jericho to win though. I understand it: the history books will read that AEW's first champion was the legendary Chris Jericho, rather than Hangman Adam Page who mayyyyybe a future star? Safer pick, but would've been nice to give it to a newer guy to show their advertised and "supposed" progressive promotion values.

Good PPV overall, production value was still not up to par with the E, still a long ways to go in ring set up, camerawork, graphics, and I'm not convinced the wrestlers go over the matches as much as they should. All nitpicks though, it was above average regardless. Bro.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I enjoyed most of it. The main event just didn't feel like a big deal to me like it should have. I don't know if it was because I was drained by the end of another long wrestling PPV but it was just okay to me. I didn't watch NXT UK today because I didn't want to be burned out tonight.

I much rather have had Spears go over Rhodes tonight. Then have Rhodes get his revenge at a later time instead of now. I want to see more of this feud.

The triple threat match was innovative.

The ladder match was a crazy spot fest. Some really bad bumps. Thankfully everyone came out of it fine it looks like. Glad the Lucha Bros won. It wasn't a secret that LAX would show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad