GDT: AEW All Out! | August 31st 2019 - 800pm - Chicago, IL

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Apparently there's a post show? Not like it takes away from the PPV, but wants to watch a post show after a 5 hour event?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i wanted Page. i like the desicion only because it put eyes on a product i hope it works long term.
and Page was allowed to do his thing. looked good.
but i dont want this WWE guys taking the spotlight.

im the one guy whos gonna watch.... so whatever but meh.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I still think NXT Takeover is the best wrestling event to watch. I’m loving all of the options though as a fan of wrestling In general and will continue to support as much of it that I can.

Yeah I am with you on this one. It's a brand new company so expectations have to be realistic, but NXT is by far my absolute favorite. I also think there is not even a debate on production level. WWE is on another planet in terms of production level.

But it's a new company putting out amazing wrestling. At the end of the day it's going to be NXT #1 for me and AEW #2. Then i'll listen to podcasts and see how raw/sd went.

Reactions: domaug and Tw1ster

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
TakeOver is simpler to watch. take the top 4 or 5 matches in this event and its perfect too.

For sure, sometimes less is more, something WWE should take note of as well for their main ppvs. I’m interested to see how NXT holds up with a weekly two hour show as well. Also looking forward to the AEW weekly show pulling me into the product more and getting me more invested in the programs. The hype videos on YouTube have done ok but I’m looking forward to what the show brings

Reactions: ColePens

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Jericho winning the title is the right move imo. I think it’s been understated how much credibility he’s brought to AEW. Obviously a safe choice too, and is another accomplishment for his career, only one person can be the first. Show was too long though imo.

Jericho is also just such a great f***ing talker, that's going to make a huge difference on weekly TV.

It was a good show that set up nicely for TV. I thought it showed all of the different styles that AEW will feature, without going too heavy on some of the indie stuff that dragged down previous shows.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Personally I think Jericho’s new finish kind of sucks.
it looks kinda weak IMO. i like that they're protecting it a little (because they have to if they want to make it a threat for their "top" heel) but when i see it i have to suspend disbelief a little bit more than usual because i don't think it's as devastating as a Codebreaker.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I watched the show. First PPV I enjoyed from start to finish in ~15 years.

Fans leaving the show said Uber and Lyft was charging $116 for a 10-minute ride. Shitty.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Personally I think Jericho’s new finish kind of sucks.

I don't like it as a finish, but I also don't mind it in his repertoire in the course of a match. I like he how he yells before delivering it and it landed well tonight, but again shouldn't be the finish. I think it's a good move if used to help him recover and turn the tide in a match and/or help set up for something else like the codebreaker.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I don't really like his new finisher either but when they did the background story about how he was developing it in the gym etc it gave it an extra level of legitimacy at least.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF
Oct 18, 2011
Watching now. Just finished buy in

The women:
So unfortunately alot of the women on this show were green it felt like a mid 2000s WWE women's match. The division is Brit Baker and nobody else on her level atleast for now

Private Party are going to be stars. The big guy is like a black Jeff Hardy.

Will post main card thoughts later

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
The ladder deathmatch is the best match I’ve ever seen live. What a way to end a rivalry. Thought they hit a perfect balance of wanting to win and wanting to murder each other - with the indecisiveness of the Young Bucks as to which was more important being their undoing.

Cracker Barrel and Private Party vs. Angelico/Evans were the other two standouts. Wanted more Shazza McKenzie and Nicole Savoy, but when Mercedes Martinez came out with the Joker card, I died. I’d love to see more nods to the mid-2000s pioneers - especially when they come to Chicago.

Hangman on a horse was fantastic. Liked that Page and Jericho tried to have a different kind of match, being in the death spot. I know it’s their first championship match and it had to be last but it had zero chance. Hopefully in the future when AEW has established all of its titles, they’ll be able to avoid these situations and close with the tag matches. Still, that Judas Effect was unbelievable.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
underrating the rest of the girls. specially since obviously they didnt go with her, but somebody else .
cant wait for this to start (TNT). great show. high expectations and it delivered.

Oct 18, 2011
The problem with having hardcore and ladder matches before your main event is you do everything under the sun, then when two guys in the main event just do a normal match it falls kinda flat. That's what happened here and I also agree they didn't have great chemistry...if you're going to do all the hardcore stuff and high flying maybe you need a bigger star in there vs Jericho

But if Jericho's first defense is against PAC that should be an excellent match... again it's amazing how WWE wasted him. No issue with Omega doing the job he didn't tap and he didn't get pinned he simply got choked out

Also the announcing tonight was way better. JR kind of pulled back on the PBP aspect and was selling the impact of the moves, the new guy did a good job and the production was solid.

But the biggest star in AEW is Cody, I don't think it's even close right now..and another guy wasted by Vince and his 3 dozen writers. The fans are super into what he's doing and this MJF thing is going to be good.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kylie Rae was released but it’s said by Tony Khan to be amicable.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Tony saying it was a bad idea that the dog was around the pyro

how did no one speak up at any point? lol

“hey, this dog by all these pyro/fireworks, I don’t think that’s a good idea, we really shouldn’t do it”

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tony saying it was a bad idea that the dog was around the pyro

how did no one speak up at any point? lol

“hey, this dog by all these pyro/fireworks, I don’t think that’s a good idea, we really shouldn’t do it”

To be fair, they went into the tunnel to early. If they stayed backstage until the pyro spot was done, it would’ve been a bit better, but you could see them standing in the tunnel, Pharaoh was fine, pyro goes off, he gets scared, obviously, you see MJF and Brandi trying to console him so they went out.

I honestly would have kept Brandi and Pharaoh deep backstage, have Cody do the initial entrance and pyro, and then have that video of Brandi, Pharaoh, MJF and DDP walking out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I love the MMA style finishers, so the Judas Effect is right down what I like. I wish wrestling in general would move a lot closer to MMA/ shoot style matches.

I hate MMA style finishes, but I do prefer more if they're submissions. Some of these guys go out there and do crazy stuff, but a throwing a back elbow is what gets them? It's not like, the worst, but I feel like it's almost like using a big boot to win. A match like that deciding an inaugural champion feels like something you should have some kind of dramatic climax of a finish

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
To be fair, they went into the tunnel to early. If they stayed backstage until the pyro spot was done, it would’ve been a bit better, but you could see them standing in the tunnel, Pharaoh was fine, pyro goes off, he gets scared, obviously, you see MJF and Brandi trying to console him so they went out.

I honestly would have kept Brandi and Pharaoh deep backstage, have Cody do the initial entrance and pyro, and then have that video of Brandi, Pharaoh, MJF and DDP walking out.
considering most dogs get scared by thunder far away in the distance, or fireworks far away from where the dog is anyways, it’s just straight up common sense to not bring a dog near that

it’s funny that it’s becoming a pattern now. Cody does something stupid, Khan becomes unhappy and says it’s never happening again, except this time even Brandi was pissed with Cody for it lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad