GDT: AEW All Out! | August 31st 2019 - 800pm - Chicago, IL

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
considering most dogs get scared by thunder far away in the distance, or fireworks far away from where the dog is anyways, it’s just straight up common sense to not bring a dog near that

it’s funny that it’s becoming a pattern now. Cody does something stupid, Khan becomes unhappy and says it’s never happening again, except this time even Brandi was pissed with Cody for it lol

I just wonder how much has been put into prep? You see in the background 24 WWE shows that they mock the entrance and see if everything works. Run that entrance and you will see the dog stop immediately.

And on top of that, a table could barely be set up outside due to space. Just test run it. You will see it doesn't work.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Some thoughts on the ppv

Pre-Show: I only came in for the last six or seven minutes of the tag match. Thought that it was pretty bad. Stream of spots, a fair bit of sloppiness and not much effort to look like a competitive match. Not nearly as bad as the embarrassing All In pre-show however, so at least there was improvement.

SoCal Uncensored vs Jurassic Express: SoCal Uncensored is solid and a good team to have around for the tag division. I have nothing against Austin outside of his Big Brother work and I can accept Jungle Boy despite how ridiculous he looks. Marko Stunt however is beyond the point that I can accept - he looks ridiculous and every sequence involving him looked ridiculous. Parts of the match were fine but I would have much preferred a regular two on two tag match.

Omega vs Pac: I was surprised that this went on second. I don't like the booking decision as I do think that Omega needs to be built for the majority of the audience, but booking decisions before TV starts probably don't matter a whole lot. Definitely a good match overall, Omega still has a way to go to get back to his best but he was fine. Pac looked good.

Cracker Barrel: It was alright for what it was. I imagine that how anyone feels about this match comes down to how they feel about this style of wrestling. Some spots worked well, some didn't, as is the nature of these matches. I think that Havok is just a body and overall pretty useless, but we'll see if the other guys end up being worthwhile.

Dark Order vs Best Friends: It was fine, the Dark Order looks like part of Sullivan's Dungeon of Doom and that amuses me. I think that they did a good job with match build coming off a spotfest.

Riho vs Shida: Another solid match, though I'd rather a different result. Riho looks less ridiculous due to Stunt being on the card, so maybe that is a plus for him being on the show.

Rhodes vs Spears: Pretty good, Cody knows how to book himself (outside of his embarrassing entrances at these events) and his matches to highlight his strengths for the most part. I've got no use for Spears other than as a stiff for people to beat, but they did their best to make it interesting. I was amused to see Tully get a paycheque.

Lucha Brothers vs Young Bucks: I strongly dislike the Young Bucks in general, but this was a pretty good match. I hate the Young Bucks on offence, but they did a very good job here when it was time to take a beating. Less sloppy than the spotty matches that preceded it. Lucha Brothers are a really strong tag team and AEW seems to be fulfilling its promise to have a strong tag division.

Jericho vs Page: Kind of a weak match, but it did what it had to. Jericho looked like shit, but his work was adequate. I don't think Page is more than a mid card talent (in a good promotion) at this point, so I am pleased with the decision to go with Jericho. Let Page eventually become a great wrestler instead of strapping a title on him and hoping that it elevates him above where he should be.

I thought that the production was alright. WWE still does better but there's been solid improvement. Commentary was good this time. Camera work is still a work in progress. They sort of missed some spots and the crowd shots are bad. In a way I do enjoy the crowd shots though, like how in WCW you had regular shots of hillbillies and rednecks, in AEW you get regular shots of neckbeards and nerds. Overall it was a good event, with some quite good matches and, most important in my eyes, no matches that were bad enough to make you change the channel. The roster still needs to improve but there are good pieces there.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah they shoulda tried it at first around the dog and see his reaction.
add thousands of idiots yelling, of course the dog is gonna be scared.

Kylie Rae slowly disappeared last month. she deleted social media and shit.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AEW should be shut down for allowing that kid run around unattended in the SCU match.

and yeah agreed on Page. dude is a midcard guy to me. He honestly felt out of place in that title match to me, and imho, going 20-minutes with f***ing Kip Sabian at the last PPV didn’t help the image of him being a main event guy at all to me.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
its jericho who cant hang with the young kids.
he's the biggest star there. im not arguing that. but he's slowing down.
Page is doing shooting stars from the ring off the floor while jericho only did his really bad new finisher.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Page is doing shooting stars from the ring off the floor while jericho only did his really bad new finisher.

I think it's something Undertaker said waaaay back in the day. Some of the big big big spots should be held off to make them feel special. When everyone is doing these wild moves in every match, they feel less special. But we shall see that with tv. That shooting star or whatever it was to the codebreaker should have been a MASSIVE moment. And the Judas Effect suuuuucks. Andrade does it 100x better.

My fear with Jericho is that people remember Jericho tune back in and see an older looking heavy guy and maybe tune out. I think it shocks me when casual fans watch wrestling with me for the first time in a few years and they constantly point out size. I don't even see it. Like.. it doesn't bother me that guys are big or small. But it does for some reason on casuals.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
woooow he can flip!

it doesn’t change the perception to me that Page isn’t a main event guy. he can be built to that point, but he isn’t now. that’s also on AEW’s asinine booking of putting him in a 20-min match with Kip.

we all know Jericho’s been slowing down. he’s almost 50-years-old and he’s a thicc boi these days.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the only problem Hangman had was being pushed as a guy with a big dick only. cuz he really does not have any personality,
people who saw All In got to meet him in a feud with Joey Ryan and dick druids. dick feud. very confusing and you think hes a joke,
those who know him, know the guy is among the best wrestlers in the company.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Said it before I'll say it again: you cannot build the top of your card around Hangman Page. The fans will simply treat him like they have treated Roman Reigns.

Roman got shit on because he was handed the keys to the kingdom with zero resistance.

Having Page lose off the bat takes steps to prevent that.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
the only problem Hangman had was being pushed as a guy with a big dick only. cuz he really does not have any personality,
people who saw All In got to meet him in a feud with Joey Ryan and dick druids. dick feud. very confusing and you think hes a joke,
He's a great wrestler, not denying that. But his personality does nothing for me and he lacks charisma like crazy.

Being a great wrestler only gets you so far.

Reactions: les Habs

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t give a damn if he’s the best wrestler in the company if he still feels like a midcard player lol

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think WWE, including NXT, does a much much much better job showing why someone is a big deal if they want to push them as a big deal.

We cannot forget. We constantly compare to WWE. This is a company about to go to episode 1 of their tv show. They are in year 1 of existence. They are learning their mistakes.

And how can I prove they are learning from their mistakes? Their announcing was a f***ing DISASTER on the first PPV. And it was so beyond good this last time around. I loved the trio they had. I thought it was terrific.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
coming from a guy playing gimmicks, who rather see Enzo. cuz theyre megastars and shit. sure lol.

Come October. ill be watching the show and judge it then. cuz obviously the push will still happen.
He looks and fights great. he just needs to learn to talk.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's okay to agree to disagree. :) In wrastlin' we will do this a lot. What speaks to someone doesn't speak to someone else.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I assume people thinking Adam Page doesn't have charisma haven't watch the Road To, or Being The Elite stuff. Adam Page's promo on Jericho was so intense and well done. AEW also isn't building their entire show around Adam Page like WWE does/did with Roman Reigns, so I'm not sure I see the comparison. Heck, there's nothing that suggests Page vs Jericho is even continuing.

If Page won, then I can see arguing that, but right now, it's about as relevant as me arguing the sky is purple.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
coming from a guy playing gimmicks, who rather see Enzo. cuz theyre megastars and ****. sure lol.

Come October. ill be watching the show and judge it then. cuz obviously the push will still happen.
He looks and fights great. he just needs to learn to talk.
i’ve literally said the same thing about Page for a long time & I only started talking about him in the past year because he’s been absolutely irrelevant to me. He doesn’t look or feel like a star at this time but they can build him up as such.

don’t hide behind me liking talents like Enzo because they can talk and have charisma as for why i’m “wrong” about Adam Page. you like him, I don’t see him as anything more than a midcard guy at this time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We cannot forget. We constantly compare to WWE. This is a company about to go to episode 1 of their tv show. They are in year 1 of existence. They are learning their mistakes.

And how can I prove they are learning from their mistakes? Their announcing was a ****ing DISASTER on the first PPV. And it was so beyond good this last time around. I loved the trio they had. I thought it was terrific.

This is a big thing for me. Production has come a LONG Way since Double or Nothing, which was 4 shows ago, and 4-6 months ago? It'll improve, slowly but surely. The barricades were set up wrong. They've been fine the other shows, so that was just an error by the set up crew, and I'm sure the wrestlers have let that be known.

Even with the pre-show stuff. They got some feedback that the pre-shows were too silly. Yesterday, they had a very competitive battle royal with some great talent, and then that tag match was fun as hell. Private Party has so much potential.

That show last night was miles better than anything the WWE main roster has done in a long while. I was into every match (except for the Dark Order one tbh) and they were all different in feel. Which is a big thing for me.

Oct 18, 2011
AEW should be shut down for allowing that kid run around unattended in the SCU match.

and yeah agreed on Page. dude is a midcard guy to me. He honestly felt out of place in that title match to me, and imho, going 20-minutes with ****ing Kip Sabian at the last PPV didn’t help the image of him being a main event guy at all to me.
Agree Marko Stunt is not only small but he's green he should only be used as a valet who will randomly hurracarana someone. Watching SCU trying to sell for him was embarrassing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad