GDT: AEW All Out! | August 31st 2019 - 800pm - Chicago, IL

Oct 18, 2011
Said it before I'll say it again: you cannot build the top of your card around Hangman Page. The fans will simply treat him like they have treated Roman Reigns.
Agree he has not looked like a star except for his debut. That match with Sabian hurt him he's not ready for a top spot.

PAC OTOH looked like a main eventer and a credible Challenger I hope he's Jericho's first feud(I presume Mox is out for awhile)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Agree he has not looked like a star except for his debut. That match with Sabian hurt him he's not ready for a top spot.

PAC OTOH looked like a main eventer and a credible Challenger I hope he's Jericho's first feud(I presume Mox is out for awhile)

Pac vs Jericho is the next title match. That's been confirmed already.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
PAC’s carried himself as a star from his wwe days. PAC compared to most of the AEW roster in the way they carry themselves is night and day imo.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If people didn't watch Pac/Neville's NXT days - go watch them. He was not so much known as being just a flip guy. He was strong as f***. They really put it over.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If people didn't watch Pac/Neville's NXT days - go watch them. He was not so much known as being just a flip guy. He was strong as ****. They really put it over.
he gave off the star aura more than anyone on the show last night imho

while his wwe run was ultimately wasted cause they didn’t know what they had in PAC, god bless them for taking PAC and giving him a platform where he could improve his character & promo skills on 205 Live. It worked wonders, he’s awesome, he feels like a bigger star because of the way he carries himself more than anyone in AEW minus Moxley imho. His rivalry with Jericho should work wonders.

honestly not against him winning the title either

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
FD77CC40-CF27-45F9-9DF4-08D346EDD53D.jpeg

i’m firmly on the “Jericho should have won” side of the argument but I also understand the other side & Corbin’s argument

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
View attachment 252513

i’m firmly on the “Jericho should have won” side of the argument but I also understand the other side & Corbin’s argument

Baron is being pretty simplistic in that take though. AEW is not in the same position as WWE. WWE is the top dog in this fight with a lengthy history behind them. AEW is a startup that has to put it's most recognizable people at the top with the title for it to start to mean anything. WWE doesn't need to do that and won't need to do that at any point in this.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
PAC crashed Hangman Page's media thing on the post show, so it appears that is building up.

MJF also teased wanting to fight Page during his Starrcast interview. So that's a possibility as well.

But it's safe to say, it's not like Page is moving forward in the title picture still. They put him in that spot, he lost, and now they can put him on a story of getting back to that spot, and build himself up to be a possible winner.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
PAC crashed Hangman Page's media thing on the post show, so it appears that is building up.

MJF also teased wanting to fight Page during his Starrcast interview. So that's a possibility as well.

But it's safe to say, it's not like Page is moving forward in the title picture still. They put him in that spot, he lost, and now they can put him on a story of getting back to that spot, and build himself up to be a possible winner.
which is what they should be doing considering a large portion of the audience that will be checking it out for the first time has no idea who he is & wants to follow a story and be taken on a ride.

they booked themselves in a weird spot. imho, Page should have NEVER been in that spot to begin with.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

That's the problem I have, though. I don't think Page should be built up into that spot.

To each their own, of course, but the guy just does absolutely nothing for me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's the problem I have, though. I don't think Page should be built up into that spot.

To each their own, of course, but the guy just does absolutely nothing for me.

I mean, as long as you’re open to allowing that to change when TV starts, that’s not really an issue.

I agree he’s not at the main level spot yet, but he’s good in the ring and his stuff on being the elite and road to, have been good as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, as long as you’re open to allowing that to change when TV starts, that’s not really an issue.

I agree he’s not at the main level spot yet, but he’s good in the ring and his stuff on being the elite and road to, have been good as well.
I'm more than willing to give him a chance, but as of now he does nothing for me. I haven't really liked him much in Being The Elite, either. But that's just my personal feeling on him. He does nothing for me, and hasn't since I started getting to know about him.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i’ve literally said the same thing about Page for a long time & I only started talking about him in the past year because he’s been absolutely irrelevant to me. He doesn’t look or feel like a star at this time but they can build him up as such.

don’t hide behind me liking talents like Enzo because they can talk and have charisma as for why i’m “wrong” about Adam Page. you like him, I don’t see him as anything more than a midcard guy at this time.

not hiding behind you. just making fun of your dumb gimmick you invented of loving Enzo. and youre taking it seriously.
i like him. you dont.

Oct 18, 2011
If people didn't watch Pac/Neville's NXT days - go watch them. He was not so much known as being just a flip guy. He was strong as ****. They really put it over.
I never really watched him NXT. WWE did no character development and he seems to Excel in longer matches. The way he wrestles you don't think of his height at all.. yet Vince pigeonholed him. His whole timr on the main roster I didn't give a shit about him, he was just another "good wrestler"

Last night he looked like a main eventer and he can probably have a better man with Jericho than Page

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I give that match 5* but I just sincerely pray they are all okay. There were some potential really ugly injuries there. These guys may not look like it, but they are human at the end of the day.

Meh. It was spectacular but most spots felt way too scripted. The "you do it to my brother, I'll do it to yours" spots were forced.

I enjoyed it a lot, but it is not 5 stars to me.

Reactions: Fro
Oct 18, 2011
Meh. It was spectacular but most spots felt way too scripted. The "you do it to my brother, I'll do it to yours" spots were forced.

I enjoyed it a lot, but it is not 5 stars to me.
Also not much logic to the match, which happens with the YB alot.

It's funny because they did all the car crash shit, yet what got one of the biggest reactions all night? Unmasking Pentagon. The ladder match also set up the main event to fail, you can't follow that.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
*Didn't watch the preshow, The 6man tag (Marko Stunt has go away heat for me) or the women's match.*

PAC-Omega: I didn't like this as much as everyone else. Guess I'm just used to NJPW Omega and have to get used to him wrestling a NA style. I think I enjoyed the Cima match more

Cracker Barrell: This was so much fun. These 3 guys are nuts. Allin might be dead by 30.

Best Friends vs. Dark Order: Mostly background noise but saw bits and pieces. Dark Order's druids are dumb and I keep thinking Uno is Golga. Orange Cassidy is a treasure.

Cody-Spears: Cody's not gonna put on any clinics, but tells a good story. The day MJF turns on him might be Festival of Friendship levels of awesome. Also, poor Pharoah.

Ladder match: This was f***ing incredible and might be my MOTY. Holy shit that Canadian destroyer off of the ladder. Nick is luckily he's not hurt from that table spot, I knew the ladder was too far away. LAX was cool.

YSJ-Page: Meh. It was ok. I don't think Page came out of it any more over, which I think was part of the goal.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I thought PAC/Kenny was good, but lacked considering the reputation of the competitors. More so on Kenny’s part.

I’ll also say that PAC felt like the bigger star than Kenny in that match, and imo, felt like the bigger star than anyone else on the show save for maybe Cody, but even after his big, bullshit entrances, he just doesn’t give off the same aura that PAC did at the event. I feel like he really learned how to put everything together on the character side on 205 Live and now PAC is the physical package that speaks perfectly for his character on the mic, and carries himself like a star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad