GDT: AEW All Out! | August 31st 2019 - 800pm - Chicago, IL

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I agree to an extent...PAC was good, but thought he was sloppy with some of the moves, like where he hit his shins on the guardrail bc he poorly judged the distance

But that's pretty minor...probably more to do with lack of working with aew

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I agree to an extent...PAC was good, but thought he was sloppy with some of the moves, like where he hit his shins on the guardrail bc he poorly judged the distance

But that's pretty minor...probably more to do with lack of working with aew
I mean Kenny almost died on the guardrail too. That’s an AEW thing. Janela couldn’t even get a table set up across the floor without pushing the railing back about a foot.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kenny hasn't put on a single match at the level we all know he can. I'm telling you - if a casual fan is watching and heard time and time again that Omega is the best wrestler in the world, it's been a huge disappointment. There are a tonnnnn of casuals out there tuning in and seeing him for the first time and I hope we get the Kenny we all know and love.

It's sort of like Seth Rollins almost. If you tune in and watch Rollins and people call him the best, you'd be like "Really? This guy? Naaah."

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
All his best matches were with guys that are superior wrestlers to anyone else currently on the AEW roster though. I think it's very likely he won't have matches as great as he had in New Japan.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kenny hasn't put on a single match at the level we all know he can. I'm telling you - if a casual fan is watching and heard time and time again that Omega is the best wrestler in the world, it's been a huge disappointment. There are a tonnnnn of casuals out there tuning in and seeing him for the first time and I hope we get the Kenny we all know and love.

It's sort of like Seth Rollins almost. If you tune in and watch Rollins and people call him the best, you'd be like "Really? This guy? Naaah."

Okada, Ospreay, Ibushi, and Tana didn’t come over with him, so that makes things a bit more difficult. He was 4th from the top on this card, that’s not the time to pull out the 6-star matches. Need to let the other people shine.

There’s been a trap that’s finally caught up when it comes to match quality. Like, you get a 5-star match that would be legendary. You used to never see those. Now that everybody is so great and doing so many great things, all of it is great, so it doesn’t really stand out. It’s not must-see because you can see it again. People even expect it. But when stuff is only very good, it’s less great and simply not as good as it could have been.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
They've laid out a pretty clear storyline that Kenny is off his game so people tuning in for the first time will know that they aren't seeing the best Kenny.

Realistically the people who have heard about him but haven't watched him is going to be pretty minimal anyway. You're much more likely to be tuning in and simply saying who is this guy. Typically, if you've heard of him, you've already watched him.

Casual wrestling fans aren't hearing time and time again about him, they're watching wwe.

It's a complete non issue.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer called the ladder match AEW’s best match but that this event fell behind DoN and All In.

Personally disagree on the ladder match opinion. I don’t even think it was my favourite on the card.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That ladder match was incredible don’t @ me.

Also, I thought that was better than DON, albeit slightly, as DON was good as well.

I don’t count All In at all.

Reactions: Fro and Disclose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It was good according to Cody.

I thought this show was the weakest of the main shows (I don’t count FFTF).

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
fyter fest and FFTF shouldnt really count. Don was better i agree.
All In was an indy show. shouldnt be counted.
Okada, Scurll, Rey Misterio..... they are big names and not part of the company. so no.

Ladder match was insane. indeed the best match of the night for AEW. (i thought nxt uk had the match of the night. without seeing NJPW yet)

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Meltzer called the ladder match AEW’s best match but that this event fell behind DoN and All In.

Personally disagree on the ladder match opinion. I don’t even think it was my favourite on the card.

What did you think was better than the ladder deathmatch? Cracker Barrel? I didn’t think there was another standout match.

Mrs. QPQ and I had much more fun at All In because it was just a totally different vibe than anything else we’ve been to, but I’d put the ladder deathmatch at the top with last year’s Page/Janela, Pentagon/Omega, and rushed 6-man tag being next in line among the All In/Out matches.

Reactions: Disclose

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Nothing is going to compare to All In. That was an insanely stacked card.

SCU vs Briscoes
Jay Lethal vs Flip Gordon
Cody for the NWA championship
Omega vs Pentagon jr
Okada vs Scurll
Ibushi and Misterio in the main event

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad