Admit it, swallow your pride and say what players/teams you were wrong or even right about

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
You don't get to count thinking Wild Bill Karlsson would regress as something you were right about. Everyone outside of Vegas thought it would happen.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I was wrong about the coyotes making the playoffs. Close, but no cigar.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I expected Laine to be better than last year when he potted 44 goals. I was very wrong, but still have high hopes for him to once again dominate the scoreboards.

Same here.
I thought he’d compete for goal scoring title......my knowledge again being shown

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
- I was wrong about Price. I thought he started declining.

- I was wrong about Toronto. I thought they would be much better

- I was wrong about Kapanen. I didn’t think he would turn out that good.

- I was wrong about Arizona. I thought their trades were awful and that they took a huge step back. Turn out they did very well

- I was wrong about Winnipeg. I thought they would be intimidating and fast. Turns out they were slow this year.

- I was wrong about Washington. I thought they were a one shot wonder. I now believe they are the clear cut favorite to win again this year (yes ahead of Tampa Bay)

- I was wrong about Sergachev. I thought he would take a big step forward this year.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I thought Montreal would finish bottom 5 again. Their moves seemed lateral at best this summer, for the 2018-19 roster (Patch for Tatar looked like a slight downgrade, Galchenyuk for Domi seemed pretty even, and center depth worrysome).

I though Patch would make Habs fans pissed off by scoring around 40 goals or more. Boy was I wrong.

One thing I'm happy is I thought Lehner would have a great season after his coming out with his struggles. He's got the Jennings trophy! Goalie is 90% mind after all.

I also thought/hoped Jan Kovar would be a decent NHLer in the new NHL.

And that E.Karlsson and Burns would each have a monster year. Not sure if people think thats wrong or not in hindsight as Burns is pt/game and Karlsson has 62 in 71

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
-

- I was wrong about Washington. I thought they were a one shot wonder. I now believe they are the clear cut favorite to win again this year (yes ahead of Tampa Bay)

Washington has been a regular season force for years though ? Mind to share your beginning of season reasoning ?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Was wrong about my Panthers being a wildcard team and MON doing as good as they did.
Was wrong about CAR, figured they'd be close but miss by 4-5 points.

Was right with BUF falling apart but didn't think it'd be that drastic.
Was right with Nylander having a slumpish season and was really high on Cernak in TB. He is a great young top 4 D in the making.
cernak has been a monster for us

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Calgary leading the Western Conference as opposed to competing for a wildcard position
Carolina becoming an absolute joke under Don Waddell
Montreal finishing in the bottom five
Buffalo challenging for a playoff spot
Los Angeles regaining past form with the addition of Ilya Kovalchuk
Vancouver finishing at the bottom of the Western Conference by a significant margin

Although I did predict this and I'm happy
Pettersson centers Boeser and scores 55+ points, earning a Calder nomination

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I was spot on about Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat. I was also unfortunately right about Goldobin.

Eriksson and Gudbranson were all easy to predict. Trash.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Every season I expect Giordano to fall of a cliff due to age. Proved me wrong again.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I was wrong about Marner for sure. I wouldn't take anyone else in that draft other than maybe Rantanen and of course McDavid

That's really about it. He's definitely sold me, 100pts wouldn't be out of the question for him next season

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ive been a Flames fan reading internet forums for 15 years and this sentence right here is so far the best I've ever read.

Well hey buddy I'm a gambling man and I put some money on Flames making the final.....Flames have a very deep and fast roster. If you get normal goaltending I think there's a really good chance. I love me some Michael Frolik wish he was a Jet still.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This isn’t just this year, but I never would have believed Leon Draisaitl could be this good. I watched him in junior and his skating was so bad, I wondered if he’d ever even crack an NHL top-6.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Wrong about the Oilers- thought they sneak a wildcard
Wrong about Rielly, never thought he'd break 60 points let alone 70.
Wrong about the Flames- thought they'd be closer to a bubble team than them winning the division.
Wrong about Domi- thought he'd be mediocre in Montreal.
Wrong about Malkin- was expecting a top 3 point finish for him this year.

I was right about Marchand- always said he had top 10 leaguewide offensive ability.
I was right to some degree about Draisaitl- I predicted a large uptick in points, not 105, but I foresaw 90.
I was right about Barzal regressing. Yes I know he got better defensively, but it's hard to ignore a 23 point drop.
I was right about Mittelstadt- I was tempering people expectations and was saying he'd get 40ish points, he undershot that low bar significantly with 25 points.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Before or early in this season, I basically posted a long "I'll believe it when I see it" post in a Canes thread and I think stated my doubt that they'd make the playoffs. Most energy directed at the corsi enthusiasts who'd been pumping them up for the last 2-3 years. But I was harsh on their roster construction and was pretty firm that they would not make the dance.

Well, they made the playoffs.

A lot of my skepticism still stands, I thought they were severely lacking the talent to make any noise...though that was before the true emergence of Aho. Even with him playing at this level, I still am not sold that they've got the guns, but who knows. They play pretty well as a collective, very tenacious.

They need a goalie pretty badly. Otherwise, could be a good team going forward, or could just stay in the 7th-10th bubble forever. Interested to see how they fare in the playoffs.

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
I'll do one I was wrong about and one I was right about. I was wrong about my own team. I predicted that the moves made by Treliving would amount to nothing and that our goaltending would bury us in the basement early. I was way off on that. But I also predicted that the Canucks would finish higher in the standings than the Oilers before the season started and my coworkers laughed at me. I guess I get the last laughs all around, though.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I was dead wrong about Calgary. I thought they'd miss and weren't going to be able to turn it around.

They ended up with the best record in the conference.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Even know in the end they didn't make the playoffs I was dead wrong about Montreal, I thought for sure a bottom 5 team.

LeafMaple

Feb 3, 2019
I was one of the small amount of people who thought draisaitl would become an elite winger (truthfully barely ever watched him play, just thought that for some reason)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Wrong about Laine, thought his Overall game would be much better, still can happen.

Wrong about Dubois, I wasn't high on him and thought he'd peak to be a 50pts very average 2C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad