Admit it, swallow your pride and say what players/teams you were wrong or even right about

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Players I was wrong about:
Drai
Nylander (will)
Point

Players I was right about:
Pettersson
Laine

Reactions: zar

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
2 that i was wrong about taking decent steps forward are Jankowski and Montour.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Should clarify - I thought they would be a bottom 5 team and nowhere near the playoffs, even with a somewhat healthy MAF.

Tho I was right about Karlsson, Marchessault and pretty much their whole team regressing :naughty:

Yeah, if you thought they would be a bottom-5 team, then there’s certainly a healthy serving of crow for you.

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
Thought the Habs were going to be one of the worst teams, so they were a definite surprise for me.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I was right about Carey Price. I knew there was no way he is as bad as he was last year. Put my money where my mouth is and drafted Price in the 4th round of my fantasy draft (the 11th goalie drafted) and rode him and Lehner all the way to the ship and a nice fat $$$ payout. Price should get a Vezina nod this season; and if the Habs had two more wins arguably should have been in the Hart talk as well.

Was very wrong about Galchenyuk. He was OK this season but for the last two years I preached about he was being held back in MTL and would be the next Seguin when he was inevitably traded.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It's very strange not to see anyone in this thread saying they were wrong about Carey Price because I've seen dozens and dozens and dozens of posters since the summer and even into the season say how awful he was and yet he went out and had an incredible season and nearly carried Montreal into the playoffs.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I was right about Carey Price. I knew there was no way he is as bad as he was last year. Put my money where my mouth is and drafted Price in the 4th round of my fantasy draft (the 11th goalie drafted) and rode him and Lehner all the way to the ship and a nice fat $$$ payout. Price should get a Vezina nod this season; and if the Habs had two more wins arguably should have been in the Hart talk as well.

Was very wrong about Galchenyuk. He was OK this season but for the last two years I preached about he was being held back in MTL and would be the next Seguin when he was inevitably traded.
Price was decent this year, but still a far cry from what he was.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It's very strange not to see anyone in this thread saying they were wrong about Carey Price because I've seen dozens and dozens and dozens of posters since the summer and even into the season say how awful he was and yet he went out and had an incredible season and nearly carried Montreal into the playoffs.
Geez. The bar is set so damn low in terms of expectations for Habs fans. Molson and MB have really succeeded in conditioning the fanbase to accept mediocrity. Now "nearly carrying the team to the playoffs" is considered some kind of great accomplishment.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Geez. The bar is set so damn low in terms of expectations for Habs fans. Molson and MB have really succeeded in conditioning the fanbase to accept mediocrity. Now "nearly carrying the team to the playoffs" is considered some kind of great accomplishment.

Here's a quarter, see if you can go get yourself a clue.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Teams
Islanders
Canadiens
Coyotes
Ducks

Players... didn’t make a whole lot of predictions.
Draisaitl
Giordano

Some I would have been wrong on had I made predictions...
Larsson
Kucherov
Lindholm
Huberdeau
Keller
Schwartz
Ehlers
Laine
Hoffman
Benn
Kopitar
Domi
Hischier
Patrick
Labanc
Pettersson
Poehling :sarcasm:

Last edited:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I thought Montreal would be bottom 3, they were a lot better somehow. I wonder how next season will go for them, I just don't see it with that squad.

I thought San Jose would win the division easily, didn't see the Flames juggernaut coming.

I thought Laine would score 50 goals, instead he decided to score half his goals in one month and cause Jets fans to rip their hair out for the other 5 months.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Was actually right on a lot of things this season. Did however think Philly and Florida would of been better. Isles and Habs I didn't think were going to be all that bad, but they still exceeded my expectations. Saw the Jersey and Anaheim regressions coming but didn't think the LA Kings would be so poor. Tampa I thought would light the world on fire and they did. Had the Flames as contending for a division but didn't see them win it and the conference running away.

For players the positive surprises were Domi, Pettersson, Lindholm, Draisaitl, Marner, and Guentzel.

The negative surprises were Neal, Provorov, Laine, Benn, Karlsson(injuries) and Kopitar.

Player I was most right about was definitely Matthew Tkachuk. Thought he was due for a big year and he delivered.
Most wrong would probably be Nick Leddy, thought he would step into the #1 role and flourish. He hasn't.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Initially, I thought Domi was a downgrade to Galchenyuk. I thought he was a 45 point guy, like 9 goals 36 assists or so. lol
I thought Drouin would bet 60 points, 65max.
Didn't expect Price to play like he did down the stretch. I thought he was going to become the reliable veteran, a bit over .900 and being average. He's still got it.
Oh... and I thought Lehkonen, being a volume shooter (imo), was going to score and take Pacioretty spot in leading the team in goals, like let's say 28 goals.
I had my finger crossed for Després to get a roster spot but the second I saw him play, I knew it was useless.
I didn't expect Shaw to come back healthy and have such a productive season.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I followed Erne since his Québec years. I never thought he'd get a regular spot in the NHL.
Expected Mantha to become a prime goalscorer. 30+
Thought Dahlin was overhyped and wouldn't produce much in his first year. (Offense wouldn't translate to NA game)
Expected Karlsson to outproduce Burns in SJ.
Thought Ovie had traded his 50 goal seasons for a Cup (Actually scored 51 this year.. wow)!!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

a 10yr contract for a 3o yo goaltender.
One year they'll be right.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Marchand.. 100 points.. I would have NEVER thought possible. His world cup showing was a proof he could score with world class talent (Bergeron/Crosby) but Pastrnak is not bad either...

Reactions: Toene

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
I was wrong on Auston Matthews, I said this would be the season when he would break into the top 30 in scoring. I was wrong, same as last year, 41st.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
When Skinner, Lindholm, Hanifin, and Ryan (UFA) were moved with only Hamilton and Ferland coming back in those deals; and when the Canes went into the season with Darling and Mrazek in goal; and when the Canes started the season with only 1 center with NHL experience at center (Jordan Staal); and when the Canes hired a rookie coach with no head coaching experience; and when the Canes hired Don Waddell as GM; they were the laughing stock of HF and most thought they’d be one of the worst teams. 99 points later, I’d venture a guess that most posters, including me, were wrong about them.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Was wrong about my Panthers being a wildcard team and MON doing as good as they did.
Was wrong about CAR, figured they'd be close but miss by 4-5 points.

Was right with BUF falling apart but didn't think it'd be that drastic.
Was right with Nylander having a slumpish season and was really high on Cernak in TB. He is a great young top 4 D in the making.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad