Tribute Adam Larsson Appreciation Thread

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Really hurts to see him pick somewhere else, I really thought he would’ve resigned here after hearing his exit interview. Sounded like a guy that loved where he was, best of luck to him unless he’s playing us, in which case I hope Connor and Leon light his ass up and show that he chose the wrong team.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Great player, very valuable to the team. Hearing about his father and the way he passed away today puts things into perspective. I did not realize his father passed away while in Edmonton and his mother has had trouble visiting ever since. As a player I could imagine how much he’d want to have his mother visiting on mother’s trips and what not. Seattle is a good opportunity and a really cool city. I get the reasoning for moving along.

Wish him all the best.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Amazing defensive RD that will be missed; there are very few Dman that can fo what he does.

It's going to cost the Oilers a lot to find a high quality RD ( I'm hoping it's not Barrie)

Reactions: ZJuice

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Liked him right from day 1 of the trade, unfortunately never got a fair shake because of it by most of the fanbase, a great player kept his nose clean, went through some difficult personal times but stayed focus, a great soldier. You'll be missed. Best of luck

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Played solid hockey and its unfortunate to loose him. Not sure if he feels Seattle will pull a Vegas and come out flying to start and that factored into his decision. I would personally much rather live in Edmonchuck over Seattle any day but hope it works out for him. Good luck Adam and thanks for some big nasty hits.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So, now we have nothing to show for Hall, just as Jersey has nothing to show for Larsson, both teams losing the players to free agency. Just an observation.
Been saying for years that both teams lost that trade. Neither team got the guy they were hoping to get. Larssson gave the Oilers more than Hall gave the Devils though.

GRadio

Energy Line
Aug 16, 2014
Edmonton
Is Larson single or married? I feel like that would definitely impact his decision to stay or leave, one way or the other.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is Larson single or married? I feel like that would definitely impact his decision to stay or leave, one way or the other.

Not that it really makes a difference or is anyone's business that much, but I don't think he's ever mentioned or talked about a girlfriend period at any point in New Jersey or Edmonton or having a girl in Sweden or whatever.

Whatever floats his boat. If he feels he'd more comfortable in Seattle for that reason, I'd get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Warrior. Low maintenance grit guy who does the dirty work to make life difficult in his team's end. Never achieved the full two way potential imagined in his draft year but has had a strong presence on bad Oiler teams and part of their attempted rise. Traded for his polar opposite high flash big production Hall couldn't have been easy. But the guy grew into a leader here and Seattle will get a strong silent type whose a stabilizing presence. Can't imagine the tragedy of having your young father (50 years old!) die unexpectedly on what should have been a joyous family visit. Edmonton has a lot of strong emotion for this player. He moves on to an exciting fresh start in an awesome city. I'll miss this player. Best of luck Adam Larsson.

GRadio

Energy Line
Aug 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not that it really makes a difference or is anyone's business that much, but I don't think he's ever mentioned or talked about a girlfriend period at any point in New Jersey or Edmonton or having a girl in Sweden or whatever.

Whatever floats his boat. If he feels he'd more comfortable in Seattle for that reason, I'd get it.
Larsson got traded here and thats important to keep in mind. He’s not from here, he wasn’t drafted by the Oilers and he didn’t sign here. He fulfilled an contract obligation and probably even enjoyed doing it.

Let’s say he has a wife from Sweden or New York and she doesn’t really fit in with anyone and doesn’t like it and she wants him to sign somewhere else, can you blame him? Happy wife happy life.

Let’s say he’s single and is a 28 year old millionaire athlete and wants to try out a new city, can you blame him? If I was a single, 28 year old millionaire athlete I would probably pick Seattle over Edmonton too and I am from here. Plus he’ll be close and come back all the time and see his friends.

you can’t blame the guy. It would be way harder for Mcdavid and Draisaitl to leave because they’re from here. They’re families and their wives and girlfriends families are from here. Moving would be uprooting everything and it’s usually easier to just stay.

Not so with Larsson. Especially after his dad died. I wish him all the best.

Reactions: AM

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Larsson got traded here and thats important to keep in mind. He’s not from here, he wasn’t drafted by the Oilers and he didn’t sign here. He fulfilled an contract obligation and probably even enjoyed doing it.

Let’s say he has a wife from Sweden or New York and she doesn’t really fit in with anyone and doesn’t like it and she wants him to sign somewhere else, can you blame him? Happy wife happy life.

Let’s say he’s single and is a 28 year old millionaire athlete and wants to try out a new city, can you blame him? If I was a 28 year old millionaire athlete I would probably pick Seattle over Edmonton too and I’m from here. And he’ll be close and come back all the time and see his friends.

you can’t blame the guy. It would be way harder for Mcdavid and Draisaitl to leave because they’re from here. They’re families and their wives and girlfriends families are from here. Moving would be uprooting everything and it’s usually easier to just stay.

Not so with Larsson. Especially after his dad died. I wish him all the best.

Has it maybe ever occurred to you that he doesn't have a wife/fiance/girlfriend because he's not into that? Just because he's a hockey player doesn't mean well ... I'll let you figure it out.

Reactions: Geardedandbearded

GRadio

Energy Line
Aug 16, 2014
Edmonton
Has it maybe ever occurred to you that he doesn't have a wife/fiance/girlfriend because he's not into that? Just because he's a hockey player doesn't mean well ... I'll let you figure it out.
Even if you swing the other way a mans still gotta eat, and I’m sure Seattle is a much friendlier place than Edmonton in that regard.

space321

May 11, 2011
Been saying for years that both teams lost that trade. Neither team got the guy they were hoping to get. Larssson gave the Oilers more than Hall gave the Devils though.

Hall gave the Devils an MVP season. Larsson gave the Oilers...?

space321

May 11, 2011
Are you guys seriously trying to figure out a reason that he chose Seattle over Edmonton lol

Cmon it's Seattle, weather's mild, large and beautiful city. Yeah there's a homeless problem, but these guys are millionaires I'm pretty sure they won't have to deal with drug addicts in downtown on a daily basis (something that I can't say the same for Edmonton ....)

I think anyone in their right mind would choose Seattle.

Also there's no income tax there so the same contract would yield more $$ pocketed.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Are you guys seriously trying to figure out a reason that he chose Seattle over Edmonton lol

Cmon it's Seattle, weather's mild, large and beautiful city. Yeah there's a homeless problem, but these guys are millionaires I'm pretty sure they won't have to deal with drug addicts in downtown on a daily basis (something that I can't say the same for Edmonton ....)

I think anyone in their right mind would choose Seattle.

Also there's no income tax there so the same contract would yield more $$ pocketed.

Except when Lucic, Schultz, and Barrie all turned down Vancouver to sign in Edmonton instead.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Okay... I must have missed the part where Larsson went to Vancouver

I'm just saying like several high profile players have chosen Edmonton over being in that area, Vancouver is basically the same kind of city as Seattle but probably safer.

I mean even Keith, his son is in Penticton but he still would rather be in Edmonton instead of Seattle or Vancouver, go figure. I mean yeah Edmonton is closer to there than Chicago, but it's not exactly next door either. Even Calgary is quite a bit closer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad