Tribute Adam Larsson Appreciation Thread

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Adam Larsson spent 5 seasons with our team and he did a damn solid job in his role.

I will admit that I was shocked about the Hall for Larsson trade, but I warmed up by the end of year 2. Larsson was constantly punishing the opponents offence with lots of physical play and he even started shooting with confidence this year. He is the prototypical stay at home defender. Strong, smart, patient, and motivated.

The man is a work horse and to lose him on a 4millx4 year contract for nothing is an awful move.

Thank you Adam for spending 5 of your seasons with us, god speed!
Btw I hope McDavid and Draisaitl embarrass you every single time we play in the future

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
A warrior for three of those five years. Best of luck to him. We need to move on an rebuild our D in different direction.

Reactions: oilers'72

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Really liked those moments when his mean streak would emerge as he engaged people in the corners. Workhorse indeed.

also pretty nice beard.

Sucks to lose him.

Reactions: ZJuice

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Its hard to appreciate a quiet, hard-working defense-first player.
No highlights, no sound bites, I don't think I saw the guy smile once.

I have nothing against him, and I don't understand why he didn't just hit FA and get another 0.5 mil, but I wish him good luck.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Things that make you say hmmmm:
Can't help wondering if the Oilers offer was intended to set a minimum bidding price for Larsson. If the Oilers really wanted to sign him, there was opportunity to do so. Think there is a back story here involving a move / change for Larsson ?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Things that make you say hmmmm:
Can't help wondering if the Oilers offer was intended to set a minimum bidding price for Larsson. If the Oilers really wanted to sign him, there was opportunity to do so. Think there is a back story here involving a move / change for Larsson ?

The way Principe made it sound, citing “personal reasons”, sounds like there might be a few reasons why. Who knows?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Loved him in 16/17 and he was just getting back to form this year. It's unfortunate we didn't get that version of Larsson for the entire duration of his stay in Edmonton as he was a really valuable player at his best. This is a tough loss for the Oilers but I wish him the best in Seattle.

On a personal note it sucks for me to first see Klefbom out and now Larsson leaving. Would love to have more swedes in big roles on this team. Hopefully Broberg can become a good player in time.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Feel kind of bad for the guy, was a constant reminder of the bad trade and probably got some excess expectations because of who he was traded for. Goodluck to him in the future.

Had a good year last year, but there are players like him out there for similar or lesser prices. He's not a core piece, but Holland needs to do something to replace him on the middle pair.

I just want a starting goalie, one time. Ultimately this team will not be fixed in UFA, patch this hole, get a good goalie, get a middle sixer, then be competitive and make the playoffs next year. Our prospects are whats going to help this team take the next step but it needs to be soon, these moves by Holland just seem like waiting moves.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
This will always be funny to me
E61csfgVcAAphkL.jpeg.jpg

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
Just like it looked like the whole time he was here, all hockey is is a pay cheque to him. I understand that mindset. But he had no loyalty to the city, team, executives, or his brothers in the locker room as evident by this signing. Hope he never sniffs winning, not that it will really matter to him other than that some puck bunnies might be mad at him

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Dude played hurt, played when his head and heart were elsewhere and gave it his all. Sucks to see him go, but he’s a guy I’ll always cheer for.

Clearly didn’t leave for the money, but sometimes in life people need a change of scenery and do what’s best for them. Unfortunately some fans here act like they just got dumped by a girlfriend they weren’t good enough for in the first place and have to hate on the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad