Tribute Adam Larsson Appreciation Thread

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Just like it looked like the whole time he was here, all hockey is is a pay cheque to him. I understand that mindset. But he had no loyalty to the city, team, executives, or his brothers in the locker room as evident by this signing. Hope he never sniffs winning, not that it will really matter to him other than that some puck bunnies might be mad at him

Keep in mind he was traded here, not signed or drafted by the team. I think that makes a big difference.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Brought it half the time. Had 2 good phases here in 5 seasons. His play this season was immeasurably better but his playoffs was very disappointing. His potential here on the whole was unrealized. Didn't do enough imo for appreciation thread and signing with an expansion club for same money isn't exactly any accolade back at us. Most times players opt out that doesn't get a lot of love.

My own take is Larsson never really wanted to leave NJ and didn't want to be here. He might even have some bad feelings about an org that took him when he was at his best path and about how things didn't work out so well here. You blink and most of your career is over. Larsson still young, but will be 29 in the fall. This was his prime we had him, didn't seem like a great time though.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He appreciates the Oilers and fan base so much that he signed on to play next to Mark Giordano :sarcasm:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nice person, sorry what happened to his dad here, but ultimately as a player his time here was mediocre and he never improved himself or came close to living up to his draft billing. Bad in the playoffs.

Wish we never traded for him, one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
in his 5 seasons with Oilers, he really only had 2 maybe 2.5/3 good seasons. Rest were bad due to personal reasons and injuries.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Thank you Larsson for your Service. When you are top of your game, you are a beast. Unfortunate, you won't be able to do that here anymore. Good Luck on your next chapter in your career.

Reactions: nabob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nice person, sorry what happened to his dad here, but ultimately as a player his time here was mediocre and he never improved himself or came close to living up to his draft billing. Bad in the playoffs.

Wish we never traded for him, one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history

Whenever this player is discussed here this is what it will always be.

I'm incapable of appreciating something like that. I don't appreciate car accidents and wreckage either..

Reactions: Oilhawks

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
That's crazy. He believes he has a better chance to win with a brand new expansion team instead of with Mcdavid and Draisaitl.

Something is in the water man....

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Met him once at WEM he seemed like a good dude, who gave a scrub like me the time of day and even took a picture. I think it was also during the time his dad visited so it must been tough for him.

Obviously his on-ice could have been better but it is what it is, sucks to see him go I wish him all the best just not against the oilers haha!

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
His dad died here. Hé was undervalued by the team propaganda machine. He was then treated like shit by toxic fans for a trade he had no control over. Team management is incompetent. Holland just got fleeced for Keith. Lars left happily to join an expansion team. Tells you how much of a shithole the Oilers have become. Good luck Lars, I’ll cheer for you just like all the other ex-Oilers who are happier away from Edmonton.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
200.gif

Oh well, wish him the best of luck (except against us)

Reactions: ZJuice

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Appreciate his time here but now he is a dirty dog playing for the enemy.
NOW YOU SUCK DUDE. Not as much as a Flame but still suck.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
:witch: Goodbye HFOil it was nice knowing you! Where that Seattle board at??

For real though, damn I’m gonna miss that beauty. Absolute workhorse and sexy human. Dude went out there and did his job. I do think he has untapped offensive skill in his game and I hope he finds it in Seattle. Horrid day, I’m distraught.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
When did the fans ever treat Larsson like shit? He had a very quiet tenure as an Oiler, he was mostly just there after his first season here. I understand the other reasons for leaving, but I would be stunned if the fans had any role in this.
He took a lot of abuse on Twitter, much of it right to his account. A large proportion of Oilers fans on Twitter are toxic. They bullied Eberle so bad that he wanted out. It’s real.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Part of me is sad to see Lars go. Seemed like a genuinely good guy (who unfortunately got dealt some tough hands) and when he was on, he brought an element that this team could use some more of.

On the other hand, he's an ageing d-man with a history of back problems. Is that really the kind of player you want to hitch your cart to for another 4 or 5 years? Maybe this is a blessing in disguise?

Either way, thanks for your services Adam. Good luck in Seattle (but not too much luck!).

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
He took a lot of abuse on Twitter, much of it right to his account. A large proportion of Oilers fans on Twitter are toxic. They bullied Eberle so bad that he wanted out. It’s real.

If you think about it, were they really Oilers fans? or Troll fans from other teams? Like how some trolls come here and pretend to be oiler fans. If it's true, it's so disappointing we have fans like that that stoop so low.
These peeps seriously need to get some help.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I'm bitter about him leaving, but we won't be a contender until we have another Norris-level guy in our top-4.

We need Parayko or Hamilton if we want to compete with Vegas or Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad