Tribute Adam Larsson Appreciation Thread

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
So what do we have to do to get Parayko here. Lol

Larsson was a great soldier for us and played some solid hockey. Will definitely miss him.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Suspect something changed in the last few weeks

My guess is, he found it disrespectful he was having to grind for a new contract while the Oilers bring in Keith at full ticket. Human nature. Had implications on negotiations.

Holland could not secure a two-foot putt.

I can't either, but that's another story.;)

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
When did the fans ever treat Larsson like shit? He had a very quiet tenure as an Oiler, he was mostly just there after his first season here. I understand the other reasons for leaving, but I would be stunned if the fans had any role in this.

When he came here traded for Hall, so almost instantaneously.

People bashed him for being a no-name defenseman on a crap team, but I agree, that likely had little or nothing to do with this.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Was a great Oiler. Always love big physical smart dmen like him and Jason Smith.

Maybe our D goes for a different identity now. I dont wish Larsson I'll over it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Stoneman89

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Just like it looked like the whole time he was here, all hockey is is a pay cheque to him. I understand that mindset. But he had no loyalty to the city, team, executives, or his brothers in the locker room as evident by this signing. Hope he never sniffs winning, not that it will really matter to him other than that some puck bunnies might be mad at him

And I'll never understand this line of thinking. So vindictive.

The guy played hard, but his heart was elsewhere, so he left quietly.

He never complained, he never pouted, and competed hard. He never made public demands or made a spectacle in the media. He was a consummate professional. He played through a back injury, and played through a major personal tragedy while here.

So instead of tipping your hat in respect you shit on him instead for wanting a new start elsewhere.

I'll never understand this mindset

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So, now we have nothing to show for Hall, just as Jersey has nothing to show for Larsson, both teams losing the players to free agency. Just an observation.

Reactions: oilers'72

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Larsson seldom seemed happy here. Part of that I guess is his fathers death, but over an extended period of time just didn't seem to be enjoying playing here. Didn't get the sense he was completely comfortably here. hard to put a finger on it or why.
This is my sense as well. I posted back in January or February that I didn’t expect him to resign in Edmonton, so today’s decision doesn’t really come as a surprise to me. The surprise is that he chose an expansion franchise over the Oilers.

As unfair as it is for me to speculate on a person I don’t know, Larsson seems like a true ‘European’. I kind of wondered if he just didn’t like it in North America and missed his family and culture. But he chose to stay in North America, so I guess my thoughts on that were wrong.

The only other thought I have is that he seems like a no nonsense kind of guy. It makes me wonder if he took a hard look at the people running the Oilers and decided that he just didn’t want to be a part of the shit show anymore.

When he was on he was exactly the kind of player you want. Unfortunately injuries, personal problems, and (in my judgement) uneven motivation resulted in peaks and valleys to his performance in Edmonton. Won’t be able to cheer for him in Seattle but I certainly wish him well in life.

*apologies for moving this quote from the Holland thread, but my comments are more about Larsson.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
So, now we have nothing to show for Hall, just as Jersey has nothing to show for Larsson, both teams losing the players to free agency. Just an observation.

Jersey traded Hall to Arizona, so they did get some stuff.

One of the guys, Kevin Bahl, is actually a decent prospect for the Devils.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
It really sucks that Larsson is gone. Like many I was upset when they traded Hall for Larsson as Larsson was not yet really proven as a strong D-man yet. He did prove it in his time with Edmonton. A great shutdown dman not a flashy point getter but what a d man should really be, a great shutdown guy that is hard to play against. Tyson Barrie has good offensive upside but is bad on the defensive side which is most important. Bear is good but not great and he's not at Larssons level and might never be. Duncan Keith is old and on the decline. I like Bouchard and I want to see him get a full shot at a full season in the NHL, but as a rookie trying to have him be our top shutdown dman replacing Larsson is a tall order for a rookie D-man. We are going to have a big hole hopefully the Oilers can sign a good shutdown d man before next season. If not expect the Oilers to leak lots more chances every game. Every time the Oilers seem to take 2 steps forward something like this happens and it's 2 steps back again. Why can't this team get it together. Maybe I am a bit paranoid but the decade of darkness when Oilers had horrible defense and would get crushed most of the season, I just don't want to see that happen again.

Reactions: ZJuice

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks for all of hits on Johnny Hockey

Oh, and thanks for f***ing this team over less by signing with Seattle so we wouldn’t lose you to another team and Seattle picking another player, I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad