Player Discussion Adam Fox

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Not sure if anyone caught it, but there was a point last night where the puck was in mid air behind our net in the third period. Fox batted it out of mid air directly to the right winger to break the puck out. The winger failed to get it out of the zone, but it was just outstanding.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Not sure if anyone caught it, but there was a point last night where the puck was in mid air behind our net in the third period. Fox batted it out of mid air directly to the right winger to break the puck out. The winger failed to get it out of the zone, but it was just outstanding.
I remember that. It happened so quick most people didn't notice it.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

I think it was to Mika, yeah. Next level shit.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
He’ll never be on Makar’s level.

This is probably true. I doubt he will become more injury prone, decline defensively or that his hockey IQ will drop.
So far this year in the category of points per game though they seem on the same level... 1.1-1.2 points per game.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yup, saw that

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
You have to remember a lot of sarcasm is missed here on all levels. I made a comment that Fox will never win another Norris because Makar has it locked down for the next 10 years.

How that is a serious post made by any Ranger fan, ever other than in jest, I have no idea. I was making fun of the blind homers in the main forum.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Last year Fox had 4 games with 3 points or more.

This season he's only had 1, despite leading the league in points for a defenseman.

He will have several more (over 82 that averages out to 6) and make another strong case for the Jack.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Last year Fox had 4 games with 3 points or more.

This season he's only had 1, despite leading the league in points for a defenseman.

He will have several more (over 82 that averages out to 6) and make another strong case for the Jack.

This. He'll have a 4 or 5 pt game somwhere and separate himself from the pack imo.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Still love the reply guys being like "If only the Norris actually went to someone good at DEFENSE!" when Fox is arguably better defensively than he is offensively.

They see a small player who excels on offense and assume he's bad defensively but Fox is amazing defensively.

Do you have his advanced stats?

Governor

Nov 8, 2019
Who leads NYR dmen in Norris wins? Leetch with 2? Crazy to think Fox could win again this year.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This. He'll have a 4 or 5 pt game somwhere and separate himself from the pack imo.

Someone posted yesterday a comparison of Quinn vs Gallant offensive/defensive output.

I dont think the Rangers will score as many goals as they averaged last year (they still might) because of a more defensive structure but im sure hell get a few big games.

Reactions: egelband

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Fox is putting up the same or better points per game as Makar despite the Rangers having scored 18 less goals in 2 more games played. Until the Rangers youngins actually start producing Makar will always have the advantage of having inflated stats due to playing for an offensive juggernaut. And despite that he has yet to run away production wise

At the end of the day we should be absolutely stoked that this guy chose to play for us. Can't imagine where we would be without him

Reactions: egelband

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Someone posted yesterday a comparison of Quinn vs Gallant offensive/defensive output.

I dont think the Rangers will score as many goals as they averaged last year (they still might) because of a more defensive structure but im sure hell get a few big games.

I think they will if the youngsters break out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad