Player Discussion Adam Fox

dapowl

kaapo kakko.
Aug 22, 2017
Dresden
Fox is putting up the same or better points per game as Makar despite the Rangers having scored 18 less goals in 2 more games played. Until the Rangers youngins actually start producing Makar will always have the advantage of having inflated stats due to playing for an offensive juggernaut. And despite that he has yet to run away production wise

At the end of the day we should be absolutely stoked that this guy chose to play for us. Can't imagine where we would be without him

Is there a "stat-boy" ;) @Amazing Kreiderman here that maybe can compare Fox, Josi, Makar, EKblad and Hedman in TOI Stats like PP TOI and PK TOI as well as Zone starts (OFF, NEutral, DEF). Also Interesting would be Blocks and Takeaways? he semms to have a few every game. The sites where you can do it are all with memberships.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
He's a cyborg

I have a different theory. He's actually nothing special and has played in each of these games over 1,000 times. Every time he's failed to win the Cup, he's reset and has to play the games all the way from the beginning again. He eventually has been able to memorize the plays and get in the right spots.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I have a different theory. He's actually nothing special and has played in each of these games over 1,000 times. Every time he's failed to win the Cup, he's reset and has to play the games all the way from the beginning again. He eventually has been able to memorize the plays and get in the right spots.

I bet he was really good at Dragon's Lair too.

ss_31e31466cde2471cfd9cc32273b320793057c389.1920x1080.jpg

Reactions: egelband and Peltz

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He will flirt with a 100 pt season imo one of these years.
Only thing Makar has on him is goal scoring.
His peers are other Norris winners.

But anyway, the purpose of this thread isn’t to discuss other players—the purpose of this thread is to post and compile every single Adam Fox GIF existent for our personal archives…

(…especially because they closed Player Discussion - Adam Fox [Part I], within which I had posted approx. 50,000 choice Adam Fox GIFs. :squint:)

Last edited:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Is there a "stat-boy" ;) @Amazing Kreiderman here that maybe can compare Fox, Josi, Makar, EKblad and Hedman in TOI Stats like PP TOI and PK TOI as well as Zone starts (OFF, NEutral, DEF). Also Interesting would be Blocks and Takeaways? he semms to have a few every game. The sites where you can do it are all with memberships.

He was third in blocked shots at one point.

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
Some clown on the main boards guaranteed that both Toews and Makar will be ahead of fox in points by seasons end - an absurd claim as far as im concerned. I swear to god they better play well in Colorado tonight, Avs fans are starting to get uppity big time

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Some clown on the main boards guaranteed that both Toews and Makar will be ahead of fox in points by seasons end - an absurd claim as far as im concerned. I swear to god they better play well in Colorado tonight, Avs fans are starting to get uppity big time

guessing its that moron avsfan29

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
People wonder where the Makar has the Norris locked down 10 year comes from..............

2 things Makar has over Fox:

• Goalscoring, which isn't really relevant. Primary points is more telling anyway
  • Draft position, which doesn't matter at all
If Fox was a top-5 pick like Makar, we're not even having this conversation. It's also fascinating that fans say that "Everyone only cares about the Rangers" when in fact the Nashville Predators staff had to ask Dave Maloney who "this Fox kid" is. So yeah... That's pretty cringe.

Reactions: Rongomania

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

• Goalscoring, which isn't really relevant. Primary points is more telling anyway
If Fox was a top-5 pick like Makar, we're not even having this conversation. It's also fascinating that fans say that "Everyone only cares about the Rangers" when in fact the Nashville Predators staff had to ask Dave Maloney who "this Fox kid" is. So yeah... That's pretty cringe.

I was making fun of the fact for a hockey site the main forum either has blinders on or watch a different sport. The people opining on Fox have obviously never watched him play, yet Makar is way better.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Why do we care so much about what Avalanche fans think? I personally think it's fun to see the third best defenseman in the league up against the two best in Fox and Trouba. We might not get NHL players in the Olympics so we should cherish matchups like this.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Does Fox have the edge in primary points? Also Makar is shooting 19%. Even Ovechkin has never maintained that type of % over a full season. He'll come back down to earth on goal scoring imo.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Why do we care so much about what Avalanche fans think? I personally think it's fun to see the third best defenseman in the league up against the two best in Fox and Trouba. We might not get NHL players in the Olympics so we should cherish matchups like this.
Hockey fans in general care way too much about what other people think about their team.

Getting to watch Adam Fox and Jacob Trouba be the best and 2nd best defensemen in the league is enough to make me literally never think about Cale Makar.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Goalscoring is irrelevant? Makar has a higher 5v5 primary pts/60 than Fox this year anyway. Also higher last year. And the year before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad