Player Discussion Adam Fox

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Does he break 80pts?

That'd be nearly a guaranteed Norris. First back2back Norris since Lidstrom?

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Despite my username, I'm not quite old enough to have truly appreciated watching Brian Leetch in his prime. I can't imagine it being much better than what we're witnessing with Adam Fox currently.

Ranger Wolf

Red Dwarf XI & XII
Feb 12, 2003
Temecula, CA
Visit site
Despite my username, I'm not quite old enough to have truly appreciated watching Brian Leetch in his prime. I can't imagine it being much better than what we're witnessing with Adam Fox currently.

Leetch is my all time favorite player and I started following the Rangers during his rookie season. Fox does things defensively that Leetch could only dream of. Fox anticipates without the puck as well if not better than Leetch. Fox is noticeably smarter when taking offensive risks compared to Leetch. Leetch’s first Norris was 100% offense while his second was probably 90% offense. From what I’ve seen, Fox likely hasn’t hit his peak either. Fox reminds me of Lidstrom the most and he was a top 5 defenseman of all time. We are watching a very special player.

Reactions: CLW and 2Leetch_94

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The deflection/block he made On Kane’s open net shot was just unreal. Even in slow motion it looked impossible imagine in real time?!

Reactions: CLW and duhmetreE

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
The deflection/block he made On Kane’s open net shot was just unreal. Even in slow motion it looked impossible imagine in real time?!

If Fox was able to (1) identify the player, (2) pick up the trajectory necessary for a top shelf shot, and (3) put his stick blade in that lane to block a sure goal, that is not Norris-level. That is otherworldly.

Reactions: bl02

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
We are extremely lucky we have this guy on our team and have the privilege of watching him night in and night out. He is truly and elite Defenseman.

Can you imagine how many points he’d have in EDM with McD/Drai.
That PP would probably by 95-96%

Reactions: Raspewtin

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If Fox was able to (1) identify the player, (2) pick up the trajectory necessary for a top shelf shot, and (3) put his stick blade in that lane to block a sure goal, that is not Norris-level. That is otherworldly.

Maybe Fox is an alien. They've found those elongated skulls, which the ancient alien theorists say could be alien. Fox has an elongated jaw-bone. It all fits.

Reactions: Kodiak and will1066

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Maybe Fox is an alien. They've found those elongated skulls, which the ancient alien theorists say could be alien. Fox has an elongated jaw-bone. It all fits.
even_possible_aliens.gif

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Dude is Adam Fox going to win a consecutive Norris trophy? :laugh:
I see his name being in the conversation for as long as he's in the league. It still feels a little bit like blasphemy but I'll just come out and say it. The guy reminds me so much of Nick Lidstrom. The way he carries himself and makes everything look so simple. Incredible player.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
We are extremely lucky we have this guy on our team and have the privilege of watching him night in and night out. He is truly and elite Defenseman.

Can you imagine how many points he’d have in EDM with McD/Drai.
That PP would probably by 95-96%
no for real every now and then i think to myself “wow, adam fox exists, life ain’t so bad”

of course life is still an unending void of misery but fox is an excellent distraction

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
It was so disappointing to see the end of Leetch's career wasted on those awful Ranger teams. Its been a blast getting to watch our own elite defensemen getting to play on a winning team, with great players again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad