Player Discussion Adam Fox

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Original thread - Player Discussion - Adam Fox

Just spent an hour re-reading it. Interesting to see what the early expectations were. Didn't take long for most to recognize we had something very special. I'm not old enough to remember prime Leetch, but talking to family, Fox is up there. Makar stylistically closer to Leetch in terms of skating ability/athleticism, but Fox's IQ is absolutely off the charts. It's so impressive to watch how tentative opposing players are to pressure him because of how easily he can embarrass you with a subtle head deke and pivot. He doesn't need to be the fastest guy on the ice to skate right by you. Going to be a lot of fun watching Fox/Makar battle for the Norris perennially.

Reactions: egelband and Cag29

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'll repost it for the new thread.

mIyHkGR.png

dH9550V.png

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Fox’s D numbers haven’t been as good this year but I’d wonder how much of that was the iffy team start and how it’ll equalize out

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Fox and Makar both remind me of prime Leetch in different aspects of their games, but I feel like Fox is still the more complete player. Leetch is the best American-born defenseman ever in the NHL, and I think by the end of his career, Fox will be in that same conversation.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Fox’s D numbers haven’t been as good this year but I’d wonder how much of that was the iffy team start and how it’ll equalize out
new system along w/ quality of competition is another aspect. He's getting all the tough matchups.

He's a bona fide, complete #1. That's why he's the best defensemen in the league.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
wait ... all that Makar talk on the last pages of the last thread was meant seriously?

I was sure people were joking.

As of now the way to the Norris goes through Fox. Leading all NHL D in points Adam Fox. Crazy goalie-like saves on the goal line Adam Fox. NYR MVP Adam Fox.

The Norris will be a battle of few players for the decade to come. Barring injury Fox will be top 3 for the next ten years. (give Mo Seider one or two more years :D ) I don't even see the issue, what were people arguing back there?

Do people fear Fox's legacy will be lessened by Makar being in the league and snatching some trophies? Fox will make his own legacy, has already.

idk, watch the game, enjoy.

Reactions: Svenhart2008

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
wait ... all that Makar talk on the last pages of the last thread was meant seriously?

I was sure people were joking.

As of now the way to the Norris goes through Fox. Leading all NHL D in points Adam Fox. Crazy goalie-like saves on the goal line Adam Fox. NYR MVP Adam Fox.

The Norris will be a battle of few players for the decade to come. Barring injury Fox will be top 3 for the next ten years. (give Mo Seider one or two more years :D ) I don't even see the issue, what were people arguing back there?

Do people fear Fox's legacy will be lessened by Makar being in the league and snatching some trophies? Fox will make his own legacy, has already.

idk, watch the game, enjoy.

Is it still called the Norris? Hearing the way idiotic , whiny Avs fans talk I thought it was renamed to the Makar.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lindgren was also very poor to start the year.

It's not really a coincidence that this team's overall play started to pick up once Lindgren (and more importantly, Panarin) stopped playing like butt.

Theres more to it than that, but those guys are a big part of the turn around. Once Mika gets going, this will be really fun.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
I love Fox (who doesn't?), but it's hard to see him ahead of Shesterkin right now. It's a good problem to have lol.
Yeah, no. Shesterkin is fantastic, but you couldn't realistically call him the best in the league at his position. Fox is there already.

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Adam Fox, past 82 regular season games, updated after Chicago game.

Games: 82
Goals: 11
Assists: 68
+/-: +32

I know it's impossible to track, but I wish there was a reliable stat for keeping the puck in the offensive zone. Fox's reads and hand-eye lead to Panarin and others getting so many second chances to make plays in the Zone.

I think it's quietly helped the development of Kakko. Last year, it seemed that whenever Kakko was on the ice, it was with Smith, Libor. Plays were one and out, get back on D, and that was Kakko's shift. Kakko himself has made great strides and he's playing with better forwards now. Don't overlook the Fox-Lindgren pair's contribution there by keeping plays alive for Kakko's lines to do more.

Reactions: E-Train

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He has been 'off' in the defensive zone..

and by off I mean he might make a mistake or two in a game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Somehow the Garden doesn't have Fox jerseys or t-shirts. It's ridiculous. I thought he was the best mix of youth and talent. I decided on a Kakko t-shirt.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00