Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Crazy to think Vesey was more hyped as a college free agent. Maybe it's because other teams felt they had a chance at signing him? Justin Schultz is another one.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Crazy to think Vesey was more hyped as a college free agent. Maybe it's because other teams felt they had a chance at signing him? Justin Schultz is another one.
You're comparing the hype for Fox more than a year out from his potential free agency date to those two in the months immediately preceding it. Not apples to apples.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
What surprises me about Fox (and Lindgren, for that matter) is it doesn't seem like he/they are playing over their heads. These guys are just that good.

They just seem like high IQ, steady hockey players. They also complement each other very well. Reminds me of how I felt when I watched Ryan McDonagh and Michael Sauer.

NYR Quest for Cup

Apr 29, 2012
I rarely post, but wanted to share .... my 7 year old son went to a Rangers camp last summer and met Adam Fox who was there for a day (see pics below - my son is in blue jersey right behind him on the ice and at table). I mentioned to the other coaches that I was shocked how "small" he looked and if he was truly NHL ready.

They laughed and said "he is incredibly smart, very quick feet, good with his stick, anticipates ridiculously well, and stronger than he looks".

All season long I keep thinking about how accurate those comments were.

IMG_0601-1.jpg
IMG_0615.jpg

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I met Adam Fox at the draft and was absolutely floored by how small he was lol. me, my wife, and Machinehead all had a good 3-4 inches on him

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I think many thought Vesey was the next Chris Drury.
The hype built from Vesey being a young FA choosing his suitor, whereas Fox had been clear on his intent to play with the Rangers exclusively, which may have stifled some traction he was getting as a prospect league-wide. I know that some Flames and Hurricanes fans were reluctant to let themselves get excited over Fox because of that.

Last edited:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think the Vesey hype was built around the idea that he could step in and instantly be a good complimentary middle six type, and clearly he’s barely a complimentary 4th liner

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think the Vesey hype was built around the idea that he could step in and instantly be a good complimentary middle six type, and clearly he’s barely a complimentary 4th liner

The Vesey hype was mostly because of all the celebrities stepping in to convince him to sign with us. Regular fans thought he must have been some sort of star, similar to Messier if Liam Neeson and Susan Sarandon get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad