Player Discussion Adam Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Points are nice but tend to be overrated imo. I am more impressed with Fox’s ability to break up odd man rushes. That there is truly an art.

Reactions: Rongomania

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Unless Fox realky turns up the offense, Makar slows down significantly or loses any significant amount of time, I don’t see Fox’s winning another Norris. The only reason he won last year is Makar was out for a significant portion of the season.

Fox is the best overall defenseman, but the Norris puts way more emphasis on offense. It’s frustrating, but that’s the way it is.

Lol, so Makar is just going to go on to collect 15 Norris trophies?

I agree that the trophy is heavily weighted towards offense, but what Fox is doing is far more sustainable than Makar, who’s hot right now and plays his best hockey when the team’s best player is out of the lineup.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It’s clear none of you watch Makar.

Also Fox is awesome. Why can’t they just coexist as awesome? Why the napoleon complex here?

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Also Fox is awesome. Why can’t they just coexist as awesome? Why the napoleon complex here?
Why the fans on a Rangers board pushing another guy above our guy? Fox is the reigning Norris winner and is getting better. Makar is great too, but her plays soemwhere else and he's not as good at actually playing defense. I'm less concerned with what skills Makar has and more concerned with what Fox actually does.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
It’s pretty funny to insist the guy who has already won the Norris with them going head to head, in his second season no less, while being BETTER this year is not likely to win another one ever. Hahaha.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Makar is the more dynamic offensive talent. ( some would even argue this point )

Fox is the better defensemen/player.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
mIyHkGR.png

Reactions: Rempe73

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is it just me or is that showing the opposite of what everyone claims? Fox is better offensively and Makar is better defensively going by xGA/60?
it's a small sample size and we're learning a new system.

Fox generates offense more consistently. I would say Makar has 'more dynamic' plays but Fox has his own share of highlights...

So, I really don't know what Makar has on Fox

Is Makar the true #1? getting the matchups against top lines?

Reactions: tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad