Proposal: Actual Value of: Johnny Boychuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I fully believe Thomas would have led Tampa over Vancouver. I believe Thomas would have given Edmonton a shot over Vancouver. He was out of this world good

Last edited by a moderator:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I fully believe Thomas would have led Tampa over Vancouver. I believe Thomas would have given Edmonton a shot over Vancouver. He was out of this world goof

:laugh:I respectfully disagree. Vancouver probably sweeps Tampa with Thomas. The point of all this is that Vancouver poked the bear, and the bear poked back. Tampa does not have the team to do the same things Boston did in that series.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
:laugh:I respectfully disagree. Vancouver probably sweeps Tampa with Thomas. The point of all this is that Vancouver poked the bear, and the bear poked back. Tampa does not have the team to do the same things Boston did in that series.

TT was other worldly

Luongo couldn`t stop jack at the TD

PK was incredible

B`s scored when they had to

Nucks tried to win via the PP too often

Other than Horty (which was a big loss) the B`s were the healthier team

OutspokenMinority*

it's time for Boychuk to go. a 2nd round pick should suffice. simple cap casualty. if it's a contender, maybe they can include Kelly and free up the space. hate to see either go but they really have no choice.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
it's time for Boychuk to go. a 2nd round pick should suffice. simple cap casualty. if it's a contender, maybe they can include Kelly and free up the space. hate to see either go but they really have no choice.

Moving Campbell and McQuaid clears the same amount of space. Hardly a no choice situation.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
TT was other worldly - Credit team D also

Luongo couldn`t stop jack at the TD - Credit to our players

PK was incredible - Credit to our players

B`s scored when they had to - Credit to our players

Nucks tried to win via the PP too often - (PK) Credit to our players

Other than Horty (which was a big loss) the B`s were the healthier team
- Credit to Management for putting a rugged team together.

No other team chases Luongo. No other team stifles their PP. No other team gives up so little on PK. No other team was built like Boston. So it wasn't just Thomas. The Bruins snatched victory from the jaws of defeat as a team, a possessed team (Thomas included)

Jopoc99

Jul 31, 2014
Boston MA
Im very confident that with Tuukka our current D corp assuming Krug gets signed and with Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Soderberg, Eriksson etc...that we are heavy favorites to win the East and have a good chance to win the cup.

But if we trade Boychuk and dont get a top 4 Dman in return I dont feel very good about our chances at all
There is no top 3 D in hockey id rather have than Chara, Seids, and Johnny

I really hope we go all in this year and keep him..

Id rather have a realistic chance to win the cup this year and lose him for nothing next year. Than get assets but not have a chance to win the cup this year.

Peitrangelo, Bouwmeester, and Shattenkirk...?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Peitrangelo, Bouwmeester, and Shattenkirk...?
Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson easily over the Bruin trio...yes, I would take the Blues as well; Weber, Josi and Jones without hesitation also. In the East, I think the Bruins have the best 3 sure, but not even close in the West.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson easily over the Bruin trio...yes, I would take the Blues as well; Weber, Josi and Jones without hesitation also. In the East, I think the Bruins have the best 3 sure, but not even close in the West.

What about Chara, Hamilton and Krug? That's the whole package right there. Best shutdown man and two hybrids with undeniable high ceilings. No other team has a trio like that. It's comparable to team Canada's trio of Weber, Doughty and Keith

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
What about Chara, Hamilton and Krug? That's the whole package right there. Best shutdown man and two hybrids with undeniable high ceilings. No other team has a trio like that. It's comparable to team Canada's trio of Weber, Doughty and Keith
no, would still take the other 3 teams. Boston still has a great defence, not trashing it at all, just saying I would take the top 3 from those teams over the Bruins...but I don't think I would take the top 6 from any team over the Bruins. Add in Hamilton, Krug and Mcquaid, and the Blues, Hawks and Preds thin out. Great balance the Bruins have.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Keith, Seabrook, Hjal = Chara, Seids, Boychuk -- and THEN we have Hamilton too.

Weber, Josi, Jones = Chara, Seids, Hamilton -- and THEN we have Boychuk.

The Blues top 3 or 4? Nah.

So tied with Chicago at worst, edge on Nashville, and definite edge over STL in my mine. We are very lucky.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
no, would still take the other 3 teams. Boston still has a great defence, not trashing it at all, just saying I would take the top 3 from those teams over the Bruins...but I don't think I would take the top 6 from any team over the Bruins. Add in Hamilton, Krug and Mcquaid, and the Blues, Hawks and Preds thin out. Great balance the Bruins have.

It's tight, Hamilton and Krug could end up being top 5 point producing defensemen. I like the upside of our guys. I wear Bruin goggles though:sarcasm:

member 96824

Sigh....2 weeks left of this offseason.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Thomas was outstanding in the finals, but the bruins also broke Vancouver's will.

He had some outstanding games before that, but also had some rough games against Montreal and Tampa...Philly was a joke (although they really poured it on in game 2)

The whole team played great. That team would have taken the hawks in 13 to game 7 and maybe even won.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
From Friedman's 30 Thoughts

20. There was a rumour last week Boston was going to try to extend Johnny Boychuk instead of trading him. The principals would not comment, but my information is that an extension is not being discussed. You can certainly see the rationale. He’s a valuable player as the Bruins ponder life after Chara, which is why it wouldn’t be a surprise if the team does have a conversation with him about this before any trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad