Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Hey I was just wondering on how you all value Green not sure how he has played in the last two years but it was a name I find interesting as he is from Alberta so may actually sign an extension with the oilers if we traded for him.

Petry would have to be part of the return.

Halpysback*

What is the obsession with Weber? He's alright but not a gamebreaker. It seems people fall in love with his specimenshipness rather his on ice effectiveness, like Phaneuf when he was the bee's knees 6-7 years ago.

HOLDITHERE*

What is the obsession with Weber? He's alright but not a gamebreaker. It seems people fall in love with his specimenshipness rather his on ice effectiveness, like Phaneuf when he was the bee's knees 6-7 years ago.

I've always kind of felt the same way about him. But I guess, looking at the rest of the league, there isn't exactly any better option.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Sharks fan here, any interest in Brad Stuart at the draft? I know the defensive troubles the Caps are in, and he could come in and fill a third LD. Sharks don't really need him at this point as that spot has plenty of contenders. Thinking of trade up from the Sharks 20th to Washington's 13th?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Sharks fan here, any interest in Brad Stuart at the draft? I know the defensive troubles the Caps are in, and he could come in and fill a third LD. Sharks don't really need him at this point as that spot has plenty of contenders. Thinking of trade up from the Sharks 20th to Washington's 13th?

3.6M a year...you would have to take Laich back for it to be worth it in my opinion. Although I guess Stuart can't be any worse than Erskine.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Lets be fair. Phaneuf was a kid with a big upside that proved to be limited on many levels and a failure. Shea Weber is often considered the best defenseman in the league along with Chara for that entire period.

Maybe that's why people are focused there. Oh....and these players are almost never available to change teams. Phaneuf was available from Calgary because he failed and would be available out of Toronto for failing. Weber has not failed at any level unless you seriously want to blame. The lack of a cup on him.

Are you saying that he is not an elite, all situations defenseman? Can you think of another one that might legit be available? Do you remember the desire to get Suter when a pending ufa that we all knew was going to Minne and was not going to be on the open market? Would you really have Suter and his contract than Weber and his?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

I'd do it. I don't think Brad Stuart would, considering he wanted to sign in California and got a NTC for his troubles.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah, because they have Patrick Wey to play 3D.

I am not sure I read what you are trying to say. The Caps need a fully established, solid 3 pair veteran. Wey, Orlov, Schmidt, Carrick and other unnamed young Caps defensemen don't need to be paired with each other. I am fine with any of those 4 mentioned playing every night with a solid nhl 5-6 defenseman.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I'll pass. His antics hurt more than they help.

Getting away from guys like Lucic and Thornton will only help. Overall he is pretty much exactly what this team needs. 50 point 2 way winger that can add some grittiness. I would love to have in a caps uniform.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Getting away from guys like Lucic and Thornton will only help. Overall he is pretty much exactly what this team needs. 50 point 2 way winger that can add some grittiness. I would love to have in a caps uniform.

Thornton has actually been the guy grabbing him and telling him to shut up.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

I don't think he'll change. I'd rather not put our terrible penalty kill on the ice more often because we have a smurf that won't stop doing stupid things.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
For all of the Laich haters, here's your opportunity to trade him to the Bruins for Marchand. Both LWers with equal salary and term.

Would imagine Bruins are not interested in prospects/picks but rather players that would help them now due to the age of some on their roster.

Halpysback*

Lets be fair. Phaneuf was a kid with a big upside that proved to be limited on many levels and a failure. Shea Weber is often considered the best defenseman in the league along with Chara for that entire period.

Maybe that's why people are focused there. Oh....and these players are almost never available to change teams. Phaneuf was available from Calgary because he failed and would be available out of Toronto for failing. Weber has not failed at any level unless you seriously want to blame. The lack of a cup on him.

Are you saying that he is not an elite, all situations defenseman? Can you think of another one that might legit be available? Do you remember the desire to get Suter when a pending ufa that we all knew was going to Minne and was not going to be on the open market? Would you really have Suter and his contract than Weber and his?

Given that he has a grand total of one playoff win in his career and that Nashville has been near the basement since Suter left it's clear he's not a gamebreaking defenseman who can solve all of a team's woes all on his own. Pretty much any trade for him has multiple high impact assets going the other way.

Suter pretty much glued Minnesota's entire run of the mill defense together all on his own. He could have probably had the same effect here. He's a better skater than Weber, better playmaker (ridiculous vision for a defenseman) and a better positional defender. Weber is flashier though with the big body and the hits and the slapshot. I'd rather try to reboot Green with an Ehrhoff/Sekera type top 4 complement then sell the farm for Weber

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
For all of the Laich haters, here's your opportunity to trade him to the Bruins for Marchand. Both LWers with equal salary and term.

Would imagine Bruins are not interested in prospects/picks but rather players that would help them now due to the age of some on their roster.

Absolutely zero chance Boston would accept that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad