Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
If you think for one second Grubbauer re-signs with us after being made to sit in the AHL again, you are wrong.

Playing in Hershey still better both for Caps and Grubauer.

He can play a lot and have some callups to test himself.
Caps can have "cost-effective backup" and test Holtby further.

Sitting behind Holtby will not be much beneficial. Only financially. But I guess Gruby can make up for it later, like Kuznetsov doing it this and next season.

Also, there are many many talented goalies almost in all clubs' systems who are RFA or contracted and don't have much playing time in the NHL. Nobody will trade anything of significance for PG. No way he isn't signing.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
Playing in Hershey still better both for Caps and Grubauer.

He can play a lot and have some callups to test himself.
Caps can have "cost-effective backup" and test Holtby further.

Sitting behind Holtby will not be much beneficial. Only financially. But I guess Gruby can make up for it later, like Kuznetsov doing it this and next season.

Also, there are many many talented goalies almost in all clubs' systems who are RFA or contracted and don't have much playing time in the NHL. Nobody will trade anything of significance for PG. No way he isn't signing.

agreed

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Trade Proposal: Tom Wilson

Bruins fan coming in peace. Would you accept:

To Washington:
Loui Eriksson
Matt Fraser

To Boston:
Joel Ward
Tom Wilson

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm curious as to why you think this is even remotely a fair trade for Washington? Convince me that a 24 year-old, 6'1, undrafted career 2 goal scorer is worth our 1st rounder, 20 year-old, 6'4 Lucic-lite. Or did you think Eriksson has a lot more value than Ward?

Halpysback*

We want nothing to do with Eriksson especially at the expense of ward

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Something tells me that that's a bit too little for their tastes.

You're probably right, regardless of whether its fair value, Pittsburgh is probably not interested. Lemieux and company's comments recently make it clear they are looking for a legitimate, proven goal scorer to play with Crosby. Not going to get that with Martin alone though.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but as I can't find a thread for it, what are your feelings on Holtby? Is he definitely The Guy?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but as I can't find a thread for it, what are your feelings on Holtby? Is he definitely The Guy?

I'm not sure he's definitely the guy, but I still believe he has all the ability and potential to be the guy. He got the short stick last year, and had a few really really bad periods, but he was pretty solid for the rest of the year.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm not sure he's definitely the guy, but I still believe he has all the ability and potential to be the guy. He got the short stick last year, and had a few really really bad periods, but he was pretty solid for the rest of the year.

Is he the unquestionable starter next year? Is there any possibility of him being traded?

Sorry to bother you but I've always been a huge Holtby fan.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Is he the unquestionable starter next year? Is there any possibility of him being traded?

Sorry to bother you but I've always been a huge Holtby fan.

I don't see him being traded, its not like the pipeline for the caps is loaded like it was during Varlamov's tenure.

The other thing with Holtby's dip in stats last year was that Oates was encouraging changes that hurt his goaltending ability, and the defense around him was atrocious. I think Holtby will rebound nicely this season, and I doubt the caps will trade him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad