Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Given that he has a grand total of one playoff win in his career and that Nashville has been near the basement since Suter left it's clear he's not a gamebreaking defenseman who can solve all of a team's woes all on his own. Pretty much any trade for him has multiple high impact assets going the other way.

Suter pretty much glued Minnesota's entire run of the mill defense together all on his own. He could have probably had the same effect here. He's a better skater than Weber, better playmaker (ridiculous vision for a defenseman) and a better positional defender. Weber is flashier though with the big body and the hits and the slapshot. I'd rather try to reboot Green with an Ehrhoff/Sekera type top 4 complement then sell the farm for Weber

I think maybe you should check your facts again. the preds have won more than one playoff series with weber.

secondly are you seriously putting the preditors of the past two seasons on the same plane as the wild of those two seasons and then stipulating that the difference was suter?? dude.

add: I saw the Norris list. Weber is a finalist. Suter is not mentioned. More proof that Weber is overrated and his success has been all Suter?

Nikolai Koolaidman

Mar 7, 2014
Hey isles fan in peace

Can somebody give a rough estimate on the caps lines next season if no major changes and everybody resigns

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Hey isles fan in peace

Can somebody give a rough estimate on the caps lines next season if no major changes and everybody resigns

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Johansson
Kuznetsov-Grabovski-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Fehr-Latta-Wilson

Alzner-Carlson
Orlov-Green
Schmidt-Wey

Holtby
Grubauer

I expect it'd look something like that, although hopefully there'll be some significant changes this offseason.

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Fehr-Grabovski-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Brown-Latta-Wilson

Alzner-Carlson
Orlov-Green
Schmidt-Wey

Holtby
Grubauer

I expect it'd look something like that, although hopefully there'll be some significant changes this offseason.

You forgot Kuznetsov...

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Fehr-Grabovski-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Brown-Latta-Wilson

Alzner-Carlson
Orlov-Green
Schmidt-Wey

Holtby
Grubauer

You do expect?!

Then I hope your internet connection dies from some mysterious tropical disease!

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I don't think he'll change. I'd rather not put our terrible penalty kill on the ice more often because we have a smurf that won't stop doing stupid things.

Marchand lead the league in shorties and I think he will mature. The skill is certainly there along with speed. He's a nastier mojo who can actually finish.

Sign me up if the cost is something like mojo for instance. Helps them on cap too. Also he recently won a cup and was no passenger like Brouwer was.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Some players I think the Caps should acquire on forward are Marchand, Vrbata, and Thornton.

Gives them a top 6 of Marchand, Ovechkin, Vrbata, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Thornton. Pretty strong. Could be a couple solid line combos from there.

Then use Brouwer as trade bait to help on defense. Don't know about Mojo... Maybe use him in a Marchand trade as suggested above... Could also potentially use Ward as trade bait and have Wilson play 3RW.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Marchand lead the league in shorties and I think he will mature. The skill is certainly there along with speed. He's a nastier mojo who can actually finish.

Sign me up if the cost is something like mojo for instance. Helps them on cap too. Also he recently won a cup and was no passenger like Brouwer was.

Buying low is always tempting, but maybe it'd be a good idea for the Caps to stay away from guys with attitude problems and playoff disappearances for a little while.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Some players I think the Caps should acquire on forward are Marchand, Vrbata, and Thornton.

Gives them a top 6 of Marchand, Ovechkin, Vrbata, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Thornton. Pretty strong. Could be a couple solid line combos from there.

Then use Brouwer as trade bait to help on defense. Don't know about Mojo... Maybe use him in a Marchand trade as suggested above... Could also potentially use Ward as trade bait and have Wilson play 3RW.

Thornton isn't that good anymore and nor is the Bruins 4th line... Pierre just won't shut up about it though.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
anyway....chris stewart, a prospect and a first round pick for a rental miller. ugh

Blues didn't need Miller and the Caps and Sabres didn't need Halak. Everyone involved in those trades who isn't from Buffalo, punch yourself in the jimmies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad