Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXVI (Win Harder, Boys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Wait you're suggesting something positive could come from this? Not allowed, sorry.

You must worry that we're going to fall apart. ;)

Better news on Beagle, phew....

Yeah, I'm worried about you guys! Let us all kick off the year on a positive note

But seriously, why wasn't he given a longer look at C? Does anyone know? Have any links?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Gleason was good for the Caps, and he didn't cost anything. The Erat trade has been beaten to death...and was done by the previous idiot GM. I wouldn't use those to suggest that GMBM will somehow make a lot of mistakes.

Lastly-- unless the prospect you mention in your Laich + 1st scenario is very high level (Samasanov, Vrana, Bowey), I don't see us getting a difference maker from anyone for that package. Unless you consider someone like Nasem Kadri a difference maker. Or Mark Fayne.

I'd rather go low end just to move Laich and then be able to have a lot more flexibility. The trade I suggested also gives the Caps 2.25m in cap room. That is huge.

I think guys like Berglund or Backlund could be way more usefyl for the Caps in the playoffs than Winnik, to say the least. Both offensively and defensively. And they could cost the Caps an approximately the same price you've suggested for Winnik. (+/- one prospect). BMac should pysh for a best deal possible, not just for a deal in which he just lands out Laich and happy with it.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
That's great news. I'd focus on Richards now.

I like the Richards option as well, however, I would also like to see Trotz adjust and see if the system can hold up first. I understand that the horses are a big part of it but I don't see Richards getting a deal anywhere else now. If he does and Trotz system doesn't work make a deal at the deadline.

I don't see the Caps falling out of the playoffs by then.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think guys like Berglund or Backlund could be way more usefyl for the Caps in the playoffs than Winnik, to say the least. Both offensively and defensively. And they could cost the Caps an approximately the same price you've suggested for Winnik. (+/- one prospect). BMac should pysh for a best deal possible, not just for a deal in which he just lands out Laich and happy with it.

I'd be shocked if the Caps could get either Berglund or Backlund for Laich, Djoos, and a 2nd. Shocked. If so, I'd eat crow immediately and do backflips for the next week plus.

No chance. Hope I'm wrong.

Apr 6, 2004
Impossible. He had major wrist surgery and his career is in jeopardy.

That's a bold statement, not sure if you're just leveraging deductive reasoning (hockey player injures hand and that being a critical part to his success) or not but let's certainly hope that's not the case.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He was being sarcastic. Probably a jab at the hfboards doctor.

Oh right, now I remember. The Orlov argument.

How's Mike Green doing, btw? Haven't looked in a while. Oh, hey, 2 goals in 33 games. Nice. That's worth $6M for injury insurance.:shakehead

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Oh right, now I remember. The Orlov argument.

How's Mike Green doing, btw? Haven't looked in a while. Oh, hey, 2 goals in 33 games. Nice. That's worth $6M for injury insurance.:shakehead

My boss is a Red Wings fan, he's thoroughly disappointed but thankful they only went three years.

Green will hit the open market again and gets a much less lucrative deal one would think. Unless he really turns it on in year 3 and puts up some points again.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Drouin you can come to us and play top 6 minutes like you want. We'll be needing LW depth after this year since the Ovie and Crosby era of the nhl will be over, the top 3 point leaders further proves it :sarcasm:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Drouin you can come to us and play top 6 minutes like you want. We'll be needing LW depth after this year since the Ovie and Crosby era of the nhl will be over, the top 3 point leaders further proves it :sarcasm:

Fron what i've read on Twitter from some of insiders, 'it would cost arm and leg to get him'. Not the situation you'd want to see the Caps in i guess.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
David Backes for arm and leg plz.

On a serious note, if we have space at deadline (one way or another) there are plenty options.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
:laugh:

Back to Washington 2 years 4.5M

(E4) lol

Please no :rant:

lol

makfi is gone. unless gmbm has the same disease he did, the bringbackformerplayerswhoareworthlessitis, zero chance green ends up back in dc.

altho i will say, i thought i'd miss him a lot more than i have, and that means i really havent. one exception though, i do miss green every time i see a pass to ov on the PP that handcuffs him, which happens at least 2 or 3 time a PP. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad