Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXVI (Win Harder, Boys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I always wonder, who could we have added in that time that's doing well now...? I feel like we got really lucky Trotz was available the year we needed a coach.

I don't even care about the possibilities in previous seasons with different coaches.

Trotz is the best.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Some rental options: Boyd Gordon, Chris Kelly, Dominic Moore, Scott Gomez, Jarrett Stoll, Max Talbot, Paul Gaustad, and David Backes (longshot option)

Not a whole lot of rentals out there

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I vote for Laich, Latta, Bura. I want nothing to do with Mike Richards. Could live with an encore performance by Boyd Gordon. Especially if he is still good at faceoffs and/or PK.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Some rental options: Boyd Gordon, Chris Kelly, Dominic Moore, Scott Gomez, Jarrett Stoll, Max Talbot, Paul Gaustad, and David Backes (longshot option)

Not a whole lot of rentals out there
Man, it'd be weird to see Max Talbot in a Caps jersey. :laugh:

The Wicker Man

Cup or Shut Up
Nov 25, 2015
Russia
Roy, M.Richards, Gagne, B.Richards, Colborne, Gordon, Khoklachev. First two are FA, others are not expensive to get, should be cheaper than Curtis Glencross(2nd and 3nd-round picks, i still blame McLellan for this trade).

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I vote for Laich, Latta, Bura. I want nothing to do with Mike Richards. Could live with an encore performance by Boyd Gordon. Especially if he is still good at faceoffs and/or PK.
Which Boyd Gordon, the one who has 2 points this season, the scratch for the team with the worst center depth in the NHL? Why do we need him?

Some rental options: Boyd Gordon, Chris Kelly, Dominic Moore, Scott Gomez, Jarrett Stoll, Max Talbot, Some rental options: Boyd Gordon, Chris Kelly, Dominic Moore, Scott Gomez, Jarrett Stoll, Max Talbot, Paul Gaustad, and David Backes (longshot option) , and David Backes (longshot option)
Are we going to win the Cup by stacking average to bad 4th liners? The only player on this list worth anything is Backes, and I can't see the Blues trading him when they're 2nd in the West.

Roy, M.Richards, Gagne, B.Richards, Colborne, Gordon, Khoklachev
Of these, Colborne is the only one we should look for IMO. Maybe Khokhlachev too, but it'd be a trade for the future.

The Wicker Man

Cup or Shut Up
Nov 25, 2015
Russia
Which Boyd Gordon, the one who has 2 points this season, the scratch for the team with the worst center depth in the NHL? Why do we need him?

Are we going to win the Cup by stacking average to bad 4th liners? The only player on this list worth anything is Backes, and I can't see the Blues trading him when they're 2nd in the West.

Of these, Colborne is the only one we should look for IMO. Maybe Khokhlachev too, but it'd be a trade for the future.
For 1-2 months they are appropriate variant for 3-4 line, and maybe Burakovsky will close 3C, it is a great chance for him.
Koko has overgrown AHL, but can't show his level in Boston like Vatrano and Spooner did. He defenitely needs a change of environment.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Don't like it very much.
-> No more 3rd line "chemistry" (it was a very good line since the start of the season, but even better in the last few games)
-> On of the best guy on the faceoff, very important in this league.
-> Good pker.

well, this win, doesn't sound like a win.

And what would be the lines for the next game(s) (if Backy can't go)???
9-92-77
65-90-14
25-23-43
21-46-49
Or Laich will play 3C?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
@Johansson

Guys, do you see Marcus making Swedish squad for World Cup?

Don't you think we aren't appreciating him enough and scapegoating too much?

I'd say he's worth to keep on a reasonable contract anyway. I mean regardless of any other contracts (top-6 additions or not).

My reasons: he's progressing still, has better level of play in him (not displayed consistently yet), not injury prone, having chemistry with both top-6 centers, capable of multiple roles.

Just not a sniper but trying to compensate that with more around the net work.

Sep 19, 2008
That sucks about Beagle That sucks. They were airing his piece from CRL during pre-game at Verizon yesterday and he seemed a very nice guy. All the players talked about what he meant to the organization and how happy he was when he was re-signed by the Caps. They all talked about the great contributions he made on-ice, how he's a great player and teammate etc. So it was ironic that on that day he should injure himself and go out for an extended period of time. Hopefully the team is able to carry on but why shouldn't they? They've overcome a lot of injury and adversity this year. They are strong beautiful team

Mackinnonen

Sep 6, 2015
Don't like it very much.
-> No more 3rd line "chemistry" (it was a very good line since the start of the season, but even better in the last few games)
-> On of the best guy on the faceoff, very important in this league.
-> Good pker.

well, this win, doesn't sound like a win.

And what would be the lines for the next game(s) (if Backy can't go)???
9-92-77
65-90-14
25-23-43
21-46-49
Or Laich will play 3C?

Oh god no!

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I assume they bring back Ness until Carlson is good.

Sill will stick around for a bit with Beagle out long term. He seemed ok to me last night. Him and Latta could flip depending on Latta's health.

Ovie - Backstrom - Oshie
Mojo - Kuznetsov - Williams
Chimera - Sill - Wilson
Laich - Latta - Bura
Galiev

Alzner - Niskanen
Schmidt - Orlov
Chorney - Carrick
Ness

Not ideal....but try it for a bit. Stephenson could come up to slot between 25 and 43 if Sill or Latta can't hang.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
They must have put Orpik on LTIR eh?

Correct. But he is available to come off anytime. They did not put carlson on ir if that means anything.

Im no cap guy but did they need to put orpik on ir to call up ness or is there something else?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Im no cap guy but did they need to put orpik on ir to call up ness or is there something else?
Thats correct. Looks like they were 25k over (still above when it comes to projected space along with bonus overages and such) with the Sill call up even...so anyone else coming up had to be done with LTIR space for the long term projection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad