NFL: Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay? (not anymore?)

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
People always say this, but the Packers had really good teams, they just couldn't really get over the NFC title game hump. But in the last dozen years they won a SB and went to 5 total NFC title games. If Brandon Bostick catches the onside kick in 2014-2015 and/or the ridiculously unlucky plays in this years NFC title game its a different historical narrative.

Right, but it's been Green Bay's mode of operation since forever.

We routinely have all the fundamental parts in place and are frequently on the cusp of a Super Bowl, yet management is unwilling to break the bank and/or mortgage some of the future to shore up obvious weaknesses (especially on the D-side of the ball) to get us over the hump.

I mean we're reaching 30 years of Favre and Rodgers, yet only have 2 Super Bowls to show for it.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
My prediction:

Tom Brady will swoop in like a hawk and find a way to make sure Aaron Rodgers goes to Tampa Bay, just to make sure no other team gets him.

Even if it takes Tom Brady restructuring his contract until he turns the age of 80 years old to create salary-cap room, then that is what Tom Brady will do.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
GB going from a King's ransom with a top 3 pick in a deal with San Francisco to a lesser deal with the Broncos because management backed themselves into a corner would just be the cherry on top of this whole shitshow.
I don’t think they ever offered the 3rd pick. The Packers would have taken it immediately if they did....at least they should have.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I want to live in a world where the Jeopardy contestant who asked the field goal question to trivia-freak Rodgers is the one who reminded him he should get out of Green Bay.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
more NBA level entitlement from a QB.
get over it and be a professional; leave when your deal is done or retire. simple as
silly take. Rodgers is one of the few pro athletes where he has a very valid point. The Packers would rather play it safe and remain a good team rather than than go all in.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
You knew this was going to happen the minute Green Bay drafted Love.

But I also feel this is overblown and that Rodgers will still be in Green Bay this year at the very least.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You knew this was going to happen the minute Green Bay drafted Love.

But I also feel this is overblown and that Rodgers will still be in Green Bay this year at the very least.

when they drafted Love Rodgers carried a $53 mill dead cap charge at the time. Down to $38 mill this season and drops to $17 mill next season. That’s likely their timing with Aaron.

kind of late in the game for Rodgers to make this demand and get out.

Reactions: adsfan

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Going to think about a lot the rest of this off-season about how many people in the media talked all about how Matt LeFleur got Aaron Rodgers to buy into his vision and how much fun Rodgers was having.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
rodgers would take denver from being a 5 win team to being an 8 win team

this isn't like when manning went there and they had great WRs like welker and thomas. i have no doubt rodgers would bring out the best in guys like hamilton and jeudy, but would it really be worth it for denver to give up a shit ton to be "in the hunt for the playoffs"?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What Rodgers should have done was push for a trade much earlier like stafford did. I think the Rams would have been interested. SF, if they are offering their package of picks in 2021-2023, that is probably better than just the 3OA for GB. Might only be for 3 years but with their roster, they’d e in the SB hunt for those 3 years.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

this isn't like when manning went there and they had great WRs like welker and thomas. i have no doubt rodgers would bring out the best in guys like hamilton and jeudy, but would it really be worth it for denver to give up a shit ton to be "in the hunt for the playoffs"?

Denver has 2 top WR's and a great TE

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Should be noted that the solution to getting Palmer out of Cincy was outright retirement....which is why other people are speculating Rodgers is considering that option too.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

What the hell are you talking about?

If the Broncos get Rodgers for their next 4 1st rounders, they should probably take it because they likely win atleast one ring with the roster they have + Aaron. Maybe even 2.

This Broncos team + Rodgers > Tampa Bay + Kansas. Atleast they would give them a real fight and Rodgers probably will be able to outlast Brady (even though I am not betting against Brady. Thought the guy would have been done 3-5 years ago).....

I am actually on team Packers in this mess. I like Rodgers but stop with the entitlement bs. This is not the NBA (and thats one of the reasons why I stopped following the league). You signed a damn lucrative longterm deal and get to play on a very, very good team. Stop being mad at your FO for not letting you play GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad