NFL: Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay? (not anymore?)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If you're the Niners, do you offer the 3rd overall for him?

Absol****inglutley. The Niners go from good to best team in the NFC with Rodgers.

You'd be mortgaging your future to do it but that team is built to win now. They nearly won a ring with f***ing Jimmy G. Imagine Shanahan's offense with A-Rod

Reactions: Gecklund

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Really this is a massive failure of the Packers organization.

Rodgers is your guy. Does he have an ego? Yes. Is he also damn good at throwing the football? Yes.

Your hall of fame, still elite QB asks for help. You tell him no and draft Jordan Love instead. Rodgers feels disrespected, but ultimately understands the move in the end.

He then proceeds to put up the best statistical season of his career, wins an MVP and again gets the Packers to within a game of the super bowl. He asks for an extension so he has some security. For some reason, you tell him no despite Rodgers showing he has a few more years in him.

What an absolute clownshow. All you have to do is work with him but apparently that's asking for too much.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's probably more about Rodgers using the media to help put pressure on the Packers as part of his contract negotiations.

I agree; hes doing what any star player thats uber important to the success of the franchise would do. Leak a story to the press on how they're unhappy.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Guntekunst......... or however you spell it is the DUMBEST GM in the NFL

I'm a big Fan of the Pat McAfee show and their draft show was hilarious after the pack traded up for love.

the fan base was sooooooo angry

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He's a Niner by tonight. Guarantee it.

It came out this morning the Niners kicked the ties on trading for him and suddenly this comes out? There's no way thats a coincidence. Makes me wonder if Rodgers go wind of it and is pissed they didn't move him

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if he’s mad over a few things:

1) Never building a solid team around him outside of a few top tier players every season
2) The Love pick in 2020
*3) Maybe GB declined the deal without even talking to Aaron about it?

I don’t know, but there’s more to it than we know.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not sure what's worse about that Wingo tweet if it's legit. The fact that they said they'd trade him...or the fact they were willingly considering trading the league MVP without him explicitly saying he wanted out at the time.

What the f*** are you doing, Packers?

Reactions: The Note

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'm not sure what's worse about that Wingo tweet if it's legit. The fact that they said they'd trade him...or the fact they were willingly considering trading the league MVP without him explicitly saying he wanted out at the time.

What the f*** are you doing, Packers?

They're panicking between because they seem to be stuck between a legendary QB wanting out having just won another MVP and a public disaster in Wisconsin. Like, politicians would be commenting on this stuff. I wouldn't be surprised for folks to take to the streets. It would be Lebronesque.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They're panicking between because they seem to be stuck between a legendary QB wanting out having just won another MVP and a public disaster in Wisconsin. Like, politicians would be commenting on this stuff. I wouldn't be surprised for folks to take to the streets. It would be Lebronesque.

Nonsense

We saw this same hysteria , etc play out near end of Favre era after Rodgers was selected

People did not take to streets , etc

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If he is offered the Jeopardy job then he can use that as leverage against the Packers. Trade me or Im retiring. Im not sure how much money he would have to give back but I think it would be worse for him to retire. Either way it is a pr nightmare but at least they geti something back.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Yeah, I think if the Packers told him that they're trading him -regardless of what you think of that- then you have to trade him. He was clearly disgruntled after the Love pick and losing yet another NFCCG. I think he would've stayed, but saying you're gonna trade him then getting cold feet is just inexplicable. Of course that would be the final straw.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
He's that pissed about never drafting a wr in the first round and them taking love last year..? He's got the best LT, best WR, and a top RB in football. Imagine if he goes to the bears?:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad