NFL: Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay? (not anymore?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TBH, the chances he would convert from 15 were pretty low. That's where legends are made and that's also usually when he comes short (like he did the previous 3 downs).

He played like shit for most of that game. So, yes, we can blame him plenty.
Not as low as thinking tom Brady was giving him the ball back. If they score to tie the game and then find a way to win, no one’s talking about that.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Not as low as thinking tom Brady was giving him the ball back. If they score to tie the game and then find a way to win, no one’s talking about that.

Oh sure. It was a bad decision, I agree. I am just sick of some people assuming that Rodgers would have scored. He did not on the three previous downs and he usually chokes in big moments.

Reactions: tacogeoff

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
If they keep Rodgers, then it pretty much an admission they drafted a bust in Love and are willing to accept the minuses in the next CBA negotiation for not letting Love see the field.

Generally speaking, the business environment and incentives pushes ownership to shove out the old incumbent and get the new kid started ASAP. Happened with Dak and Romo. Smith and Mahomes, probably a few others I cannot recall off the top of my head.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If they keep Rodgers, then it pretty much an admission they drafted a bust in Love and are willing to accept the minuses in the next CBA negotiation for not letting Love see the field.

Generally speaking, the business environment and incentives pushes ownership to shove out the old incumbent and get the new kid started ASAP. Happened with Dak and Romo. Smith and Mahomes, probably a few others I cannot recall off the top of my head.

The only reason Prescott started right away was because Romo broke down due to injuries. You don't draft a QB in the the fourth round to start him Day 1, if ever. Dallas pretty much hit on a lottery ticket there, just like they did with Romo. It's unreal that a franchise that got two elite, franchise quarterbacks for free in the last 15+ years still haven't been able to win a big game.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
TBH, the chances he would convert from 15 were pretty low. That's where legends are made and that's also usually when he comes short (like he did the previous 3 downs).

He played like shit for most of that game. So, yes, we can blame him plenty.

You still put the ball in his hands. Kicking a FG was always a mistake.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The only reason Prescott started right away was because Romo broke down due to injuries. You don't draft a QB in the the fourth round to start him Day 1, if ever. Dallas pretty much hit on a lottery ticket there, just like they did with Romo. It's unreal that a franchise that got two elite, franchise quarterbacks for free in the last 15+ years still haven't been able to win a big game.
Yes, but Romo didn't get the job back even when he was healthy enough. Jerry basically forced him out and gave up pursuit of the Super Bowl that year; even the best rookie is still new to reading defenses. Romo became dead cap for a couple years.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yes, but Romo didn't get the job back even when he was healthy enough. Jerry basically forced him out and gave up pursuit of the Super Bowl that year; even the best rookie is still new to reading defenses. Romo became dead cap for a couple years.

Why would he? Prescott was amazing and they're radically different players. Putting Romo back in late in the season would have been disastrous for the offense's rhythm. We're not talking about NHL wingers here. And I say this as someone who thinks Romo was wildly underrated in his prime and a superb gamebreaker.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Maybe he should play better in big games and there would be less drama. He wasn't good enough against the Bucs last year and even worse against the 49ers this year. If he wins=less drama.

Yet he was still better than Brady and Jimmy G in those games and lost both. It's almost as if Football is a team sport. Who da thunk it?

Fact of the matter is Green Bay isn't that good of a team outside of a few players. They certainly don't compare to Tampa, LA, or even SF if you break it down by position.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yet he was still better than Brady and Jimmy G in those games and lost both. It's almost as if Football is a team sport. Who da thunk it?

Fact of the matter is Green Bay isn't that good of a team outside of a few players. They certainly don't compare to Tampa, LA, or even SF if you break it down by position.
Rodgers was largely nonexistent after the opening drive vs SF. Throwing it to a double covered Adams instead of wide open Lazard was a huge reason the 49ers got the ball back and won in regulation.

For an mvp winner it was as pedestrian a performance as you’ll see. The way sf kept him uncomfortable with just 4-5 all day was satisfying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If anything the Packers' performances when Rodgers isn't at his best are good evidence toward him being a MVP-caliber talent carrying the entire team. If Rodgers isn't playing at an elite level, the Packers almost never beat anyone decent.

Reactions: TMLegend

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The last three times Romo was tackled in his career, he was injured and missed multiple months. He didn't win his job back because there was no point handing him the job just to see him get knocked out right away.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Kills me how much people read into instagram posts these days.

f*** social media but you gotta be an incorrigible dickrider to think that Aaron Rodgers is as innocuous as he pretends to be. I mean, who cares at the end of the day and I find Rodgers (mostly) fun with his antics, but come on.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
333AC172-D7B7-484E-BE7D-0F0AE3D9E4F7.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad