Confirmed with Link: Aaltonen returns to KHL

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
you should quote him or credit him here. I think he deserves it. I'd personally like to know so I can add him to my reliable/intelligent list. 50% of the fan base is full of immature people that spew bs.

I would if I could find the thread let alone the posts. Perhaps somebody who responded to it would be able to find it.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not too surprising considering the likelihood of Lindholm being the 4C, and that Aaltonen signed a one year deal and didn't see any games in the NHL.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Don't forget Uncle Leo.

I dont mind uncle Leo on the 4th line getting limited mins and then on the PK (he sucked at PK in the playoffs though) so yeah.....

I think I will lose my marbles with him as well :laugh:

Coming from LACK (Lebda, Armstrong, Connolly?, Komisarek)

to

PB & J sandwich (Polak, Bozak, JVR) was a slight improvement but ..... :laugh:

We have gotta be better!!!!!!

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
when moore missed some time and was struggling, matthews missed time, we needed a 4C and after just coming back from a serious injury they still gave gauthier those games before aaltonen, he must not have impressed our guys, hope hes more ready for camp next summer

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He would have probably been one of our centres next year, but I understand his decision.

Go make a bunch in the KHL playing top line minutes or make less than a million battling for a 4th line spot in the NHL

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
He did us a favour. We are better prepped for July 1st now.

Not his fault for wanting to better himself/career.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Leafs will 100% have to trade for/sign a 3C. Should be interesting to see who comes aboard.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
He did us a favour. We are better prepped for July 1st now.

Not his fault for wanting to better himself/career.
I don't think this is going to affect how we act in FA tbh.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Dubas & co had any inclination to go into the season with 34, 43 & Marlies at 3 & 4C. Either Nylander moves to the middle or someone is acquired. Altonen wouldn't have been pencilled in higher than 4C and the pencil would have been very light

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
His skating probably wasn't going to be good enough anyways. It's still strange that he wouldn't want to take one last crack at making the Leafs this Fall before heading back to the KHL. Maybe the Leafs had already told him that he was out of the picture.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I don't think this is going to affect how we act in FA tbh.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Dubas & co had any inclination to go into the season with 34, 43 & Marlies at 3 & 4C. Either Nylander moves to the middle or someone is acquired. Altonen wouldn't have been pencilled in higher than 4C and the pencil would have been very light
Between Smith Gauthier lindholm and aaltonen our 4 c was an internal competition..if they leave it means probably more guys coming in and battling for that 4c. This news has no affect on what they are doing for the 3c spot.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Between Smith Gauthier lindholm and aaltonen our 4 c was an internal competition..if they leave it means probably more guys coming in and battling for that 4c. This news has no affect on what they are doing for the 3c spot.
Totally with you.

Re-reading your first post I see you meant that we are more prepared bc we've moved on from Altonen pre-July 1. Agree with that for sure.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I dont mind uncle Leo on the 4th line getting limited mins and then on the PK (he sucked at PK in the playoffs though) so yeah.....

I think I will lose my marbles with him as well :laugh:

Coming from LACK (Lebda, Armstrong, Connolly?, Komisarek)

to

PB & J sandwich (Polak, Bozak, JVR) was a slight improvement but ..... :laugh:

We have gotta be better!!!!!!

I think the L in LACK was Lombardi.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
One Leafs restricted free agent has taken himself off the depth chart, as Dubas confirmed that centre Miro Aaltonen will return to the KHL next season.
“If anything, it creates some incentive for our internal people,” Dubas said. “It’s another depth spot that opens up for us. We had kind of counted on Miro challenging for a spot on the Maple Leafs next year. I don’t begrudge his decision."

“I think it probably makes our situation more lucrative for both centres and wingers in free agency that are maybe looking at our situation, so that will help us as we come into July 1.”

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Yeah. I'm a bit worried that Babcock will go back to Hyman and Brown on Matthews' wings if we move Nylander to center, and that has simply not been an effective line.
Nith criticizing god king hyman? Colour ole mikeyg suprised.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
If only we had Nylander at center last season so that he would have had a full season under his belt.... Oh well. Can't say I blame Aaltonen. First line minutes in your home country making good money is a very enticing offer.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I would lose my marbles if any of jvr/bozak are back. (include Polak in it as well)
Bitch all you want about it, but here's some reality; unless the Leafs are going to move Nylander to center, the free agent center pool this off-season is Tavares, Thornton, Stastny... and then Bozak. Unless you want to try and convince people that Riley Nash or Jay Beagle are the solution...

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
***** all you want about it, but here's some reality; unless the Leafs are going to move Nylander to center, the free agent center pool this off-season is Tavares, Thornton, Stastny... and then Bozak. Unless you want to try and convince people that Riley Nash or Jay Beagle are the solution...

Riley Nash is as good a solution as Bozak if he comes at a decent Cap. He produced when promoted. The team is in need of a 3rd line center, after all, not a Matthews replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad