Value of: A partner for Chabot

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
As an Oilers fan 2nd only to being a Sens fan - you don't want White. He was a product of Stone, and his contract will look like Wennberg or Victor Rask's as soon as this upcoming season.

That said, not everyone agrees with me, so I'm sure someone will say he's worth his contract. That's just my 2 cents.

I would do Tierney for Larsson as a base though.
Yes thank you.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I think Ottawa will sign or trade for a cheap guy who hasn't had the opportunity. Need size and more importantly defence. Chabot needs someone like Demelo (or they can just bring Demelo back).

I'd love to inquire about Philippe Myers from Philly but I doubt they'd move him; and rightfully so. He's the perfect partner for Chabot, but they could say the same for Sanheim.

I think the sens add a 3rd Brown to the squad cause why not lol. Joshua Brown from Florida. 26 years old, 6'5 220, pretty solid defensive RHD. Him and Zub would probably get a chance to play with Chabot this year with the lack of serviceable RHD on the roster.

I'd bring Demelo back but if not, target someone who hasn't had the right opportunities to shine with their current team.

Also lowkey wouldn't hate taking on the last 2 years of the Subban deal cause yolo

Reactions: Altimus

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Absolute fiction.

tenor.png

Reactions: Darcy Loewen

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Savard for the Islander’s pick and a 2nd. Sens trade Savard for a first in 2022 or 2023 at the deadline with a deal already pretty much in place for Sens to sign Savard as a free agent. Spreads out the Sens picks a little, and basically costs them a 2nd for getting Savard a year early.

CBJ won’t trade Savard for just a first now because he will get that minimum at the deadline next year (assuming he is healthy).

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Make a deal for one or two depth RHDs and draft Drysdale with the 5th overall. Draft a top line center with 3rd overall. Let the chips fall where they may with the other prospects filling out the holes.

No need to spin the wheels trading 5th overall for an old guy.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
My specifications are pretty broad. Until JBD is possibly ready, possibly being the operative term, there needs to be someone competent there. If there were a Methot clone that shoots right, within that age bracket, I’d overpay for him.
:facepalm: For Ottawa's sake, I would hope Dorion doesn't think that way, especially in this market where supply side is going to be high and plenty of decent options will be available. Why not sign a free agent as a stop gap (predominantly) until they see what they have in the pipeline?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
How about Troy Stecher? Sens can have him if they take Loui Erickson. (Loui counts six mil against the cap this year, but only gets paid one million in actual dollars, which will make Melnyk happy)
Haven't we heard this before?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Savard for the Islander’s pick and a 2nd. Sens trade Savard for a first in 2022 or 2023 at the deadline with a deal already pretty much in place for Sens to sign Savard as a free agent. Spreads out the Sens picks a little, and basically costs them a 2nd for getting Savard a year early.

CBJ won’t trade Savard for just a first now because he will get that minimum at the deadline next year (assuming he is healthy).

Seems high for Savard and would guess there would be more attractive offers out there. At the TDL, defenders were going for 2nds, and 2nds & 4ths in some cases. Demelo was traded for a 3rd iirc.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Seems high for Savard and would guess there would be more attractive offers out there. At the TDL, defenders were going for 2nds, and 2nds & 4ths in some cases. Demelo was traded for a 3rd iirc.

I think it's worth it, though I'd rather keep one of the picks and put in a decent prospect who may not have a place in the plans.

Chabot + Savard sounds much better than Chabot + Zaitsev.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think it's worth it, though I'd rather keep one of the picks and put in a decent prospect who may not have a place in the plans.

Chabot + Savard sounds much better than Chabot + Zaitsev.
You may like the player, which is OK, but the 1st & 2nd pick was definitely an overpay. Like I said, the TDL deals were in the 2nd range, or at best 2nd & 4th. Then you've got the unique circumstances of a flat cap and many teams with cap woes, which makes that proposal even more terrible.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You may like the player, which is OK, but the 1st & 2nd pick was definitely an overpay. Like I said, the TDL deals were in the 2nd range, or at best 2nd & 4th. Then you've got the unique circumstances of a flat cap and many teams with cap woes, which makes that proposal even more terrible.

Not saying the trade makes sense for Ottawa but Savard would definitely fetch better than 2nd+4th at the deadline. He's closer to Muzzin than DeMelo.

Savard is the caliber and defensive ability that Ottawa needs for a Chabot partner. I think stylistically it might not work though. He's mobile and rangy but poor in straight line speed. One of the reasons Methot worked so well with Karlsson was that he could race all over the ice to put out fires. I'm not sure who has that combination of defensive strength and quickness that might be available.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Not saying the trade makes sense for Ottawa but Savard would definitely fetch better than 2nd+4th at the deadline. He's closer to Muzzin than DeMelo.

Savard is the caliber and defensive ability that Ottawa needs for a Chabot partner. I think stylistically it might not work though. He's mobile and rangy but poor in straight line speed. One of the reasons Methot worked so well with Karlsson was that he could race all over the ice to put out fires. I'm not sure who has that combination of defensive strength and quickness that might be available.
The returns I mentioned were for several defenders, not just Demelo.

If your team wants a 1st & 2nd for Savard, I will hope for the best for you, and hope you're not too disappointed if it doesn't happen.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The returns I mentioned were for several defenders, not just Demelo.

If your team wants a 1st & 2nd for Savard, I will hope for the best for you, and hope you're not too disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Your concern is appreciated. :laugh:

But this player isn't a 4/5 type like Dillon or Demelo. The guy has led second pairings for years. He'll get more than Barclay Goodrow too.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Your concern is appreciated. :laugh:

But this player isn't a 4/5 type like Dillon or Demelo. The guy has led second pairings for years. He'll get more than Barclay Goodrow too.
Demelo wasn't a #5 defender, but whatever. Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad