Value of: A partner for Chabot

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Criteria: Top 4 RHD, 25-30 years old, good mobility, defensively responsible. Less so concerned with offensive ability, consider that to be a bonus, and will compensate accordingly. Check out the Sens depth chart and/or draft pick list, and see if there‘s anything ya fancy.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Trade for Tanev’s rights, and sign him. AND DRaft that US kid, Sanderson.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
That will cost too much to acquire. Let’s hope Bernard-Docker can be that guy or we can draft Drysdale if he’s still there at number 5 and hope he can do it some day.

My specifications are pretty broad. Until JBD is possibly ready, possibly being the operative term, there needs to be someone competent there. If there were a Methot clone that shoots right, within that age bracket, I’d overpay for him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Criteria: Top 4 RHD, 25-30 years old, good mobility, defensively responsible. Less so concerned with offensive ability, consider that to be a bonus, and will compensate accordingly. Check out the Sens depth chart and/or draft pick list, and see if there‘s anything ya fancy.
I thonk the perfect dman would be nurse.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
No clue why Sens traded Demelo. Return wasn’t good and he’s the exact guy they needed and now have to replace smh.

I like him, but supposedly he wants to cash in grotesquely. Can hardly blame him, I’d do the same, but we’re the last team in the league to potentially overpay someone with his pedigree.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Any idea as to asking price from the canes?

The only reason why fans talk about him is that multiple high profile Canadian teams (Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg) need or at least could use a young defensive RHD that can handle top pairing minutes and has a friendly contract situation. When you look roster by roster, there's only a couple leaguewide.

The Canes need that player themselves. Brady Skjei and Jake Gardiner do not make Brett Pesce expendable. It's a laughable justification for his availability. Unsurprisingly, there's been no suggestion that Pesce is available from insiders since 2018.

Carolina would need something that they need and couldn't get through other means. To me, that's a young power winger that can do the dirty work for Aho and Teravainen and produce. The Sens have that, but they're not trading him. I don't see the fit here.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Any idea as to asking price from the canes?

If I were the Canes I'd want #5 Overall as the centerpiece in a Pesce deal. #28 + a B prospect definitely isn't close.

Ottawa is probably better off picking Drysdale given the age of their core.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
The only reason why fans talk about him is that multiple high profile Canadian teams (Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg) need or at least could use a young defensive RHD that can handle top pairing minutes and has a friendly contract situation. When you look roster by roster, there's only a couple leaguewide.

The Canes need that player themselves. Brady Skjei and Jake Gardiner do not make Brett Pesce expendable. It's a laughable justification for his availability. Unsurprisingly, there's been no suggestion that Pesce is available from insiders since 2018.

Carolina would need something that they need and couldn't get through other means. To me, that's a young power winger that can do the dirty work for Aho and Teravainen and produce. The Sens have that, but they're not trading him. I don't see the fit here.

Yeah, in looking at the player, his contract, the rest of your D, it would have to be something you massively need, which we aren’t in a position on any level to give unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad