Value of: A partner for Chabot

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I’ll deactivate this account if they don’t select Stuetzle/Byfield with 3OA.
Yup. The forward at three, and get their Chabot partner of the not too distant future in Sanderson at 5.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Don’t know, but why not Chabot play the right side?

I mean, I’d try it in the preseason, but wouldn’t bank my future on it. Also, Sanderson isn’t ready yet. We have two RHD ex 1st rounders already who are older, likely further along in development, but we need someone right now with NHL experience, that’s also capable skill set wise.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Deangelo fits the bill as specified. We have elc stud Nils L for long term RD, so Dea is expendable.

eventually wants to get paid, but will take 4.5 x 2 during covid/flat cap w/no trade clauses, I expect. rfa. arb could go 3+ or 5+, so I think he takes that for only 2 yrs after which hopefully covid has vaccine and he can hope for market.

In a vacuum I see Dea as a 1st and a 2nd, variance on where/when the 1st is.

Do we think small?

Or would you prefer one stop shopping for multiple adds?
What about
Deangleo
Strome value 2nd+
Buchnevich value 2nd+

for

Isles 2020 [which is late at 28OA]

Buch is only 3.25 this yr, rfa
Strome needs rfa contract and think he takes similar to Deangelo

thoughts?

+ OTT 2020 2d + 3rd
+ OTT 2021 2nd + 3rd

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I mean, I’d try it in the preseason, but wouldn’t bank my future on it. Also, Sanderson isn’t ready yet. We have two RHD ex 1st rounders already who are older, likely further along in development, but we need someone right now with NHL experience, that’s also capable skill set wise.
Sanderson looks like a real deal minute muncher. Plays all situations. Pay Tanev to play with Chabot. In a couple season could have Chabot and Sanderson playing 25 minutes each. I don’t think the Sens should give up assets (picks, prospects, or young players) to get a partner fir Chabot. They’re rebuilding. Draft the best guys there at 3 and 5. Sens could be looking darned good in 3 years.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
is Sandy a lefty?
Great Russian teams of the 70’s were all lefties, except Tretiak. Habs big three of the 70’s were lefties. Really good players could play either side, serve popcorn, and still be great.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d go after Montour and Deangelo. We have the picks to give if that’s what both teams would want. Or just Tierney for Montour as purposed before

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd pick up Savard for this role if a deal could be made with Columbus. He could handle that spot until someone young is ready and would still be good to have around after that point.

Reactions: Crosside and bert

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Savard in CBJ would be similar to that value likely?
Hammer + small add in ARI

Or go Brodie in free agency, plays RD as a lefty.
He will want a hefty contract though but plays 20-21 mins a night.
The range you're looking for in your OP sounds like Jones, Ekblad etc and those guys aren't available.

preachin to the choir
not available and if put on the table, massive, massive overpay

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad