Value of: A partner for Chabot

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Not sure if the sides are compatible but Chicago has Maatta and De Haan available for cheap I imagine. Maybe Strome/Saad too.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Still on this huh??Keep Bryam and we will keep being happy with Tkachuk
But you could have Byram and Tkachuk.... it fits your rebuild better. We will happily take old expensive Chabot off your hands. We will also throw in Tyson Jost and Matt Nieto. That’s a great deal 3 for 1

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
But you could have Byram and Tkachuk.... it fits your rebuild better. We will happily take old expensive Chabot off your hands. We will also throw in Tyson Jost and Matt Nieto. That’s a great deal 3 for 1
We couldnt ,though ...We chose to give you our next seasons pick in order to draft BT ..Which is still the right move,we could just draft Drysdale at 5th anyhow

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I’d make Brannstrom available as the centrepiece for the right player. That being said I think it makes more sense for the team to move Tierney/Duclair for Montour and/or Balcers/Chlapik+ for a young 3rd pair RD with upside.

Reactions: NB613

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don’t think we’d trade for him due to his political beliefs, which I think is absurd, but Duclair might vouch for him, due to them being friends.

....Because I think it might prevent the team from acquiring him....which I also think is absurd, as previously stated. Doesn’t make the potentiality any less real. You’re arguing against a straw man. I don’t operate on behalf of the Ottawa Senators, but I can calculate what they may/may not do, and why. It doesn’t mean I agree with the reasoning, as I’ve made clear multiple times now.

It is fair to bring that up IF we are fully accurate and in context.

Yes, it was reported somewhere he was for Trump, which puts him at odds with most Americans, according to the polls.

That said, that was like 3 years ago.
Since then ADA's stock has gone WAY WAY UP based on visible results
and
Trump has gone way down.

What was a bonafide point of contention then
is a total non-factor now.

Hence, that should not be an impediment to any deal
especially
since it is very likely Trump will be history in
2 months to vote him out
and
2 more months for JB inauguration

that update in mind,
make me an offer
just him or a package
inc Strome/Buch

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Carlo would a great add,but Iam sure we wouldnt be the only one,s bidding....Should Boston make him available..

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How about Troy Stecher? Sens can have him if they take Loui Erickson. (Loui counts six mil against the cap this year, but only gets paid one million in actual dollars, which will make Melnyk happy)

Reactions: NB613

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
How about Troy Stecher? Sens can have him if they take Loui Erickson. (Loui counts six mil against the cap this year, but only gets paid one million in actual dollars, which will make Melnyk happy)
I think Vancouver will move some cap ,but they may have to part with a pick or two...Players like Boes,Marks etc...Shouldnt be moved to save Loui Eriksson...

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Not sure if most of them are available, but these are the types of guys I would target:

- J. Spurgeon - legit top pair D, but no clue what Minnesota's plans are. I suspect it would cost a TON to acquire him
- C. Murphy - total horse, high end top 4
- T. Hamonic - steady, unspectacular top 4 (UFA)
- D. Savard - total horse, high end top 4
- E. Cernak - total horse, high end top 4
- J. Manson - steady, high end top 4
- J. Montour - inconsistent but some top 4 potential
- C. Miller - see above
- D. Demelo - steady, unspectacular top 4 plug (UFA)
- C. Tanev - steady, high end top 4 (UFA)

Montour will be available, but other than that I could very well see them all either being retained or, in the UFAs cases, them not being interested in Ottawa (or being too pricey)

Not sure if the sides are compatible but Chicago has Maatta and De Haan available for cheap I imagine. Maybe Strome/Saad too.

Might C. Murphy be available?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not sure if most of them are available, but these are the types of guys I would target:

- J. Spurgeon - legit top pair D, but no clue what Minnesota's plans are. I suspect it would cost a TON to acquire him
- C. Murphy - total horse, high end top 4
- T. Hamonic - steady, unspectacular top 4 (UFA)
- D. Savard - total horse, high end top 4
- E. Cernak - total horse, high end top 4
- J. Manson - steady, high end top 4
- J. Montour - inconsistent but some top 4 potential
- C. Miller - see above
- D. Demelo - steady, unspectacular top 4 plug (UFA)
- C. Tanev - steady, high end top 4 (UFA)

Montour will be available, but other than that I could very well see them all either being retained or, in the UFAs cases, them not being interested in Ottawa (or being too pricey)

Might C. Murphy be available?
You'll find some openness to moving Spurgeon among Wild fans, but it's probably a no-go. Spurgeon's got an NMC on his new contract and seems pretty settled in Minnesota.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Kris Russel and Adam Larson for Colin white

As an Oilers fan 2nd only to being a Sens fan - you don't want White. He was a product of Stone, and his contract will look like Wennberg or Victor Rask's as soon as this upcoming season.

That said, not everyone agrees with me, so I'm sure someone will say he's worth his contract. That's just my 2 cents.

I would do Tierney for Larsson as a base though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad