Post-Game Talk: A frustrating 5-2 loss to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Bettman preaching stability? Imagine that. No matter how you slice it. A professional hockey team being used for tax breaks and profit sharing isn’t good for the league.

And every Owner looks first on his Money comes and go. Our Owner is a Hockey fan, tryed to play knowledge on Hockey, burns his Hands on it and pass it on. Since then its getting quit around them, still the Money flow roles.
And this team is not bad it is concistent .500 Team. Only the visitors are Missing or should i say TV Numbers. I think the NFL was it, where LA get the 2nd team in the City cause, the TV market is interisting. Oh another Buisness decision and not a sports one.

Sorry i dreamed this for a long Time, that decision will always been made for the Sport, but we are far away from that. Its only Buisness and so will it for a long Time aslong the Franchise system exist. What makes it interisting for people with Money. Buy a name buy a Team, Foundation, arena Building, Community Buisness.
When i run a Airline and a company with a lot of flowing Money, Hockey lost are the lowest Issue.

Bettman doesnt preach a thing he has no back up for that. So you can say Owners agree on it let stay teams where they are.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
And every Owner looks first on his Money comes and go. Our Owner is a Hockey fan, tryed to play knowledge on Hockey, burns his Hands on it and pass it on. Since then its getting quit around them, still the Money flow roles.
And this team is not bad it is concistent .500 Team. Only the visitors are Missing or should i say TV Numbers. I think the NFL was it, where LA get the 2nd team in the City cause, the TV market is interisting. Oh another Buisness decision and not a sports one.

Sorry i dreamed this for a long Time, that decision will always been made for the Sport, but we are far away from that. Its only Buisness and so will it for a long Time aslong the Franchise system exist. What makes it interisting for people with Money. Buy a name buy a Team, Foundation, arena Building, Community Buisness.
When i run a Airline and a company with a lot of flowing Money, Hockey lost are the lowest Issue.

Bettman doesnt preach a thing he has no back up for that. So you can say Owners agree on it let stay teams where they are.

The Panthers won’t go on icing a team in an empty barn forever. I don’t care how much money is in it. They are the only team that plays in a house this empty.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It’s hard to knock Viola. He’s tried to ice a winner there.

Not knocking him at all. He's keeping the team here for another 4-5 years at least. Think that's when the next opt out clause hits.

This year and the next 4-5 should ALL be playoff years. Tallon needs to address goaltending or defense before or just after Christmas. Probably will wait until after Christmas now because of families etc.

Reactions: drktmplr12

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The Panthers won’t go on icing a team in an empty barn forever. I don’t care how much money is in it.

It only need a single PO year. The Year after the Panthers reached the PO under Gallant and played nice Hockey. The average vistors was going up by 3000 from 12780 to over 15000.
I think opening Night after PO year had over 20.000 Fans comeing.
So it doesnt take much to catch the interst of the Fans would i say.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Not knocking him at all. He's keeping the team here for another 4-5 years at least. Think that's when the next opt out clause hits.

This year and the next 4-5 should ALL be playoff years. Tallon needs to address goaltending ot defense before or just after Christmas. Probably will wait until after Christmas now because of families etc.

I’m in their corner but they are getting into crunch time here. They have to put together some winning seasons quick. Years go by fast.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Perfect example of getting out goaltended most of the night and outworked in the 3rd. Lu can give you some game when he's rested but it's a coin toss playing him without 4 days of down time. Team still can't skate for 60 minutes. Av's finally have some very good players and system in place. Training in the thin air gives that big/fast talented team that extra jump in the 3rd period when it matters.

Barkov at 24 minutes again and it shows. His arz was dragging in the 3rd period along with the rest of the top line. Av's top line all under 20 minutes.:(

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It only need a single PO year. The Year after the Panthers reached the PO under Gallant and played nice Hockey. The average vistors was going up by 3000 from 12780 to over 15000.
I think opening Night after PO year had over 20.000 Fans comeing.
So it doesnt take much to catch the interst of the Fans would i say.

If we weren’t talking about the Panthers I’d agree with you. Nothing comes easy to this team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Barkov at 24 minutes again and it shows. His arz was dragging in the 3rd period along with the rest of the top line. :(

The only other Guy who can take of the Icetime of Barkov Shoulder is Injured and the rest of them not ready for it and not able to do the extra effort.
barkov will be tired latest middle of March.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If we weren’t talking about the Panthers I’d agree with you. Nothing comes easy to this team.

It only need another Top4 Defensman, a new starting Goalie and with a little Luck, we get a scoreing Winger next year too. If they let him stay in the NHL:
But that is up to him. So it doesnt need that much. The Jets was going trough the same Problem, one awesome year, next Year missed by much, took Laine and straight back in the PO.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It only need another Top4 Defensman, a new starting Goalie and with a little Luck, we get a scoreing Winger next year too. If they let him stay in the NHL:
But that is up to him. So it doesnt need that much. The Jets was going trough the same Problem, one awesome year, next Year missed by much, took Laine and straight back in the PO.

COL too, up and down seasons and drafted well the last 2-3 years and made a major move with Duchene while bolstering their goaltending with Grubauer. Curious if Varlamov will re-sign with them.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
COL too, up and down seasons and drafted well the last 2-3 years and made a major move with Duchene while bolstering their goaltending with Grubauer. Curious if Varlamov will re-sign with them.

My prediction if Grubauer plays more then 40 games this season, they pass on varlamov search for Back Up like Greiss half starter half back up and give the better one the Option.
So Colorado could go the Isle Way on the Goalie decision. But if varlamov gives them a run in the PO, i think its hard to pass up on that Goalie.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I was there tonight. I’ve never seen the lack of attendance as bad as it is right now. The 7pm starts are a joke.

It’s like all the casual fans assessed we weren’t going anywhere two weeks into the season and called it quits.

They’re not wrong. The ceo and front office should be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I was there tonight. I’ve never seen the lack of attendance as bad as it is right now. The 7pm starts are a joke.

It’s like all the casual fans assessed we weren’t going anywhere two weeks into the season and called it quits.

They’re not wrong. The ceo and front office should be ashamed of themselves.
7pm is too early but winning helps a lot

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
"Los Angeles is 1-3-0 in its past four games and 3-5-0 in its past eight. The Kings have scored two goals or fewer in five consecutive games.
Goalie Jonathan Quick will start for Los Angeles; he's 1-2-0 with a 1.69 goals-against average and .943 save percentage in three starts since returning from knee surgery".

Please Tallon, go get Quick
If we send the Reimer, even with his injury history and contract I’d take him. Maybe Tippet, Reimer, and some non top prospect

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't even really have anything to say anymore. What's left to say? I don't think we have high expectations. We just want a team to be league average, that's what it takes to make the playoffs. There's almost no chance of that happening this year. That chance was pretty much gone when Lu got hurt in game 1 and front office did nothing to address goalie situation. Can't expect much fan support, what are they cheering for?

I've said it before and I truly think this core is the last chance the Panthers get to succeed in South Florida. No team can survive 30 years without ANY success except for the one run way back when they started. No team, no place.

I'm just at a loss for words when talking about this team now.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don't even really have anything to say anymore. What's left to say? I don't think we have high expectations. We just want a team to be league average, that's what it takes to make the playoffs. There's almost no chance of that happening this year. That chance was pretty much gone when Lu got hurt in game 1 and front office did nothing to address goalie situation. Can't expect much fan support, what are they cheering for?

I've said it before and I truly think this core is the last chance the Panthers get to succeed in South Florida. No team can survive 30 years without ANY success except for the one run way back when they started. No team, no place.

I'm just at a loss for words when talking about this team now.

I think this sums it up.

How much more can you endure as a fan before you just get tired of it to the point of apathy? I think that's where a lot of people are right now.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The team is here until 2023 minimum and 1 year public notice has to be given so you're going to know if it's coming. That's far away. Worry more about a goalie making a f***ing save so they can get some consistency going.

Seriously they lost an evenly played game to a very good Colorado team and face 2 of the worst teams in the league coming up, at least wait until they lose 1 of the next 2 lol.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Tallon needs a major shake up. Make a trade. Include Ekblad. Send him packing see what we can get in return.

Oh wait, no one will take that pathetic contract. The one they gave him that he never earned. Stuck with that albatross forever. F Tallon.
This fanbase raised hell for Ekblad. I've never seen them salivate over a player so much.

Last edited:

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Team still can't skate for 60 minutes. Av's finally have some very good players and system in place. Training in the thin air gives that big/fast talented team that extra jump in the 3rd period when it matters.

"Play 60 Minutes" , so cliché

But the fact is that no team does that. Hockey is a momentum game.

But you said it yourself, good teams will find ways to win games with that extra jump when needed. Just like the avs did last night and Tampa coming back from 1-4.

We looked pretty solid in the second period, we dominated at some point. The avs, while being dominated, found a way to limit the damages and they took over us in te third to win the game. That's what good teams do. It has nothing to do with us not playing full 60 minutes. It was about an average team playing a very good one.

Reactions: Rahooji

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's concluded, we need Gudbranson and his character to make the playoffs.

2011 and 2015 we make the playoffs.

40% of his time here we made the playoffs.
Since then, zero showings.

Obviously, he was the catalyst for this team.

:sarcasm:

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
This team bugs. No consistency with these guys. And why is it so hard to show up for the 3rd period.

-ghoste

Because our star players are dead tired from being overworked to death. We had no depth last year, we have no depth this year. Tallon did nothing to address that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad