GDT: 9/25/13 Pittsburgh @ Detroit 1930hrs

RedWingsNow*

I thought Marchenko looked awesome too -- except his nightmare play.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
According to Ken and Mick. The Wings offered him the same deal he got with the Devils. Stupid agent!

If Brunner had taken that deal, it's almost certain Cleary wouldn't be on the team.

Not that I needed to add any fuel to your fire. ;)

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Alfredsson wouldn't be here.

I disagree. Alfie is literally the exact type of player Holland pursues during FA. He would have found a way to Detroit. I wish Brunner stayed in Detroit. Top six would be NASTY. Of course you are taking a risk that Brunner can't survive an entire season and he runs out of gas in late February or late March. Of course that still beats having Cleary on this roster.

Ohh i just saw Bench describe how you view each player and who they are replacing. Now I understand why you feel that way.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Alfredsson wouldn't be here.

The difference between Brunner's contract and Cleary's is what, $800K? Comparable. Plus their likely positions for the bottom 6 and 2nd unit PP. Don't know why you keep wanting to compare the $5 million dollar forward cemented in the top 6 and 1st unit to the depth player, but whatever.

Flip vs Weiss
Brunner vs Alfie

I know, I know. That's your thing.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Lol just hilarious they called that penalty on Quincey. Every defensemen does the exact same thing in that situation and it never gets called.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
LOL at Ken, Mick and Ozzie trying to bash Bysmal for playing his stars. Sending a message duh. It's practice.

Have no idea what they are talking about, for guys that play 20+ minutes a game they were at 12 and change entering the third.

It's the pre-season work on things like a 4 on 3. No problem with it at all and I don't understand what you think they are going to do staple them to the bench for the last 20.

RedWingsNow*

The difference between Brunner's contract and Cleary's is what, $800K? Comparable. Plus their likely positions for the bottom 6 and 2nd unit PP. Don't know why you keep wanting to compare the $5 million dollar forward cemented in the top 6 and 1st unit to the depth player, but whatever.

Flip vs Weiss
Brunner vs Alfie

I know, I know. That's your thing.

$800,000 when you're over the cap is huge.

I believe the rumored offer to Brunner came before Alfredsson was signed.

RedWingsNow*

Sammy needed to interfere to prevent a scoring chance there. He sucks at the point

RedWingsNow*

Did Dekeyser practice at all during the offseason? Holy crap. I haven't seen him play well yet this preseason.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I know it's preseason. But does anyone else think Weiss' wrist may not be 100%? I saw a couple plays where he lost the puck. Just wondering. Wasn't that his injury last year?

lilja4mvp*

I know it's preseason. But does anyone else think Weiss' wrist may not be 100%? I saw a couple plays where he lost the puck. Just wondering. Wasn't that his injury last year?

he looks like crap.

it's concerning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad