GDT: 9/25/13 Pittsburgh @ Detroit 1930hrs

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
franzen is not a top 6 forward, every team has guys who can score 50 pts, big freakin deal, a legit top 6 forward has to bring so much more so much more often

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I'm heartbroken over the Weiss situation. I was really hoping he'd produce with the Wings.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
XO looks good tbh. His jersey was tucked in just now. Probably on accident, but I wonder if he'll get a fine for it? :sarcasm:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm heartbroken over the Weiss situation. I was really hoping he'd produce with the Wings.

probably early for that, but he looks an awful lot like Filppula thus far. Would have actually gotten a goal in the regular season on that PP earlier as that was in. Could of I guess said intent to blow the whistle, but it was in pretty quickly actually.

RedWingsNow*

Remember that scene with the little asian kid tyrant and Ben Stiller in Tropic Thunder?
That's how I imagine Gary Bettman ordering NHL rules committee to create rules like the jersey tuck rule ---

No! More Stupider!

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013
Remember that scene with the little asian kid tyrant and Ben Stiller in Tropic Thunder?
That's how I imagine Gary Bettman ordering NHL rules committee to create rules like the jersey tuck rule ---

No! More Stupider!

Haha well done somebody meme it.

RedWingsNow*

The NFL says hi.

NFL does some stupid things. But they're not constantly ****ing around with the game at the scope of the NHL.

NHL has an inferiority complex and its leadership would easily sell out the game for a quick buck

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Outside of that turnover Ouellet has looked like a stud. Good defensively and while not a huge offensive guy he jumps up and makes some plays.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
NFL does some stupid things. But they're not constantly ****ing around with the game at the scope of the NHL.

NHL has an inferiority complex and its leadership would easily sell out the game for a quick buck

I was addressing the NFL's uniform conduct policy with my comment. Players get fined for different colored socks, arm bands etc. But the NFL has ruined their game far more than the NHL has thus far. And it's only gonna get worse in the NFL.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Yea I don't know about that. NFL had been rewriting it's rules pretty much every offending over the past decade. I think they have the NHL beat in the tinkering and nonsensical rules department pretty easily.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Outside of that turnover Ouellet has looked like a stud. Good defensively and while not a huge offensive guy he jumps up and makes some plays.

Like I said earlier, I really think he'll be a full timer next season. Would be awesome if Sproul tears up the AHL and makes it with him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Yeah, have a feeling he is going to be the Griffins best D-man by some distance. The thread about two way defenders, this guy is a two-way D-man and likely an elite two-way d-man here shortly. Plays both ends of the ice so well. Very hard to muscle off the puck on the walls as well. Unfortunate on the mistake, but he broke up a breakaway pass right before that, much like Marchenko if you flush the mistake it is hard not to like what they are showing. Mistakes will happen.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Only way our pre-season schedule could get more brutal is by taking the Leafs off and putting LA in their place. Not sure I like what I have seen, but that should probably be kept in mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad