GDT: 9/25/13 Pittsburgh @ Detroit 1930hrs

RedWingsNow*

Cant beleive they were giving Smith grief for that second goal pinch. It was a standard pinch and he had support but Franzen floated the whole way and just let the goal scorer blow right by him, he actually didnt even skate. That was pathetic

Red Wings are a country club. It's impolite to sweat.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
At the time I thought Goligoski was going to become more like Brian Rafalski. If that's how it shakes out, it's a pretty even deal. Alas, Goligoski is no Rafalski, so yeah, total highway robbery.

At the time I remember thinking he was a young solid Top 4 guy that could become an alright top 2 guy on a mediocre team. I'll take the elite scoring winger over that any day. Just saw it as the rich getting richer.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Pens got JJ for a conditional draft pick? Holland asleep at the wheel again!

Over/Under on how many games till Dats and Z get broken up? Weiss... C'mon man. Show me something please.

RedWingsNow*

I understand this is pre-season ... but what does it accomplish to go with a D like this? This is brutal

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
None of the forwards will challenge the Pens D. Just take it wide, try a pass and turn it over...seems like nobody even wants the puck except Smith. Smith has some issues but at least he's wiling to try and make plays. Everyone else looks like a zombie.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
In other news Zetterberg is #12 and Datsyuk is #5 on TSN's top50 list(which is actually put together by coaches and GM's).

RedWingsNow*

Weiss-Franzen ...
Aren't these guys supposed to be proven first liners?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
In other news Zetterberg is #12 and Datsyuk is #5 on TSN's top50 list(which is actually put together by coaches and GM's).

Haven't seen it. But I'm guessing (in no particular order) Crosby, Malkin, Toews and either Giroux, Tavares, Stamkos or Ovie are ahead of Dats? I just realized all those guys but Toews are in the East lol.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Weiss-Franzen ...

More realistically 2nd liners, but yeah, legit top 6 guys for sure. I'm just hoping they are coasting in pre-season. Not seeing much chemistry there so far.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Weiss-Franzen ...

Don't like the way they are playing, it should help night in and night out when they get to play behind the D and Z line. But still we need more effort, this is just lazy tonight, honestly Abdelkader has been the best player on that line and we spend ages talking about what we think of him in the top 6.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Haven't seen it. But I'm guessing (in no particular order) Crosby, Malkin, Toews and either Giroux or Ovie are ahead of Dats?

Nope Crosby, Malkin, Toews(Panger actually thinks he's better than Crosby *sigh*) and Stamkos. They haven't revealed the order yet.

Ovechkin was #7 and Giroux was #9. Chara was #6.

RedWingsNow*

More realistically 2nd liners, but yeah, legit top 6 guys for sure. I'm just hoping they are coasting in pre-season. Not seeing much chemistry there so far.

Preseason or not. Anyone watching the Penguins play keepaway should have enough pride to whack a guy in the ankle and make something happen with the puck

RedWingsNow*

Way to go Drew Miller.
I don't want to see people crediting Sammy for that suicide assist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad