GDT: 9/25/13 Pittsburgh @ Detroit 1930hrs

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Guy has had a hip injury. Are you really expecting him to push 100% instantly at pre-season game?

Some common sense in here, please.

yah exactly, i mean if the guy is injured or nursing an injury and playing in an NHL game against arguably the best team in the eastern conference, he isnt about to give her a 100%, I mean come on now....

RedWingsNow*

You've got a coach who has already questioned the line. Franzen, if playing, should be playing hard. Period.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Guy has had a hip injury. Are you really expecting him to push 100% instantly at pre-season game?

Some common sense in here, please.

If his injury is bad enough to be an excuse for how hes been playing than he shouldnt be dressed, he should be getting healed up for the regular season

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Players like Franzen is like a cancer, a locker room cancer. I wish they could trade him, sucks that the manager almost never make trades, impace trades, and that his contract is so long.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If his injury is bad enough to be an excuse for how hes been playing than he shouldnt be dressed, he should be getting healed up for the regular season

100%.

"It's just pre-season" makes it even stupider that he would be using an injury as an excuse. He's a guaranteed regular. He doesn't need to earn a spot. If he's really hurting to the point where that "performance" was because he wasn't healthy, then he needs to be resting up.

This is just who he is. Been pretty obvious for a few years now. Guy just doesn't bring his 100% most games. Which is pretty frustrating when it seems like every other player on the team does.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Players like Franzen is like a cancer, a locker room cancer. I wish they could trade him, sucks that the manager almost never make trades, impace trades, and that his contract is so long.

Exactly how do you know that he's a cancer in the locker room?

RedWingsNow*

floatah.gif

Always wanted this for my avatar -- but it was too big

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Babcock should pull him then. He's allowed guys to play through injuries before, though, when they have clearly impacted their play.

RedWingsNow*

Look at him out there with that twisted angle and strained ACL --he can't even stay on his feet. It takes pride to play that poorly and then volunteer to be doubleshifted. That's heart right there. That's the kind of guys we need driving the bus. That's realgud hockey.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Franzen is very quiet person. I think he does not have any kind effect on the locker room, no negative, but no positive either.

Only time I was angry at Franzen was a couple years ago when he said hockey needed to be fun again then tore it up in the World Championships after we were eliminated by Nashville. That comment stuck in my craw for a little bit, I didn't like a guy that had a mediocre series talking about how hockey wasn't fun.

Outside of that he has done very little to make me think he is a negative on this team. Like you I don't think he is a positive or negative in that dressing room, he wants to be just one of the guys and I think they all understand that. Wonder if Alfie can light a fire under him they seem to enjoy each other when playing together with Sweden. Heck when Alfie first showed up he stayed at Franzen's house not Z's, maybe once he gets on ice we will have a guy that can get Franzen a little more plugged in, we can certainly all hope for that.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
You've got a coach who has already questioned the line. Franzen, if playing, should be playing hard. Period.

If you aren't at 100%, there's no way on God's green earth that you can possibly turn in a performance at 100%. It just doesn't happen, especially in the FREAKING PRESEASON WHERE NOTHING MATTERS.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Only time I was angry at Franzen was a couple years ago when he said hockey needed to be fun again then tore it up in the World Championships after we were eliminated by Nashville. That comment stuck in my craw for a little bit, I didn't like a guy that had a mediocre series talking about how hockey wasn't fun.
That quote wasn't even taken in context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad