GDT: 9/25/13 Pittsburgh @ Detroit 1930hrs

Luke

Sep 16, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
The lettering (which is a variation of Bookman) is thicker during the preseason. They revert back to the thinner and normal version once the regular season starts.

I have no idea why this is.

The regular jerseys have each letter individually stitched on. That is far too expensive to do during the pre-season, not to mention labor intensive. Hence the nameplates - cheaper, faster, more sensible than creating jerseys for 20+ players who won't play during the regular season.

Really liking Almquist and what I have seen of Ouellet so far.

RedWingsNow*

Really putting that on Weiss, not great but he is kind of where he is supposed to be Lashoff is at a dead stop too high out, bigger fault with him.

Weiss' coverage was not fatal, Lashoff's coverage was for me.

Weiss deserves some love for that poor coverage. No question.

RedWingsNow*

All starts with ill advised shot by Mule.

Dekeyser....is going to have a learning curve this year. Brace yoursefl

RedWingsNow*

Wow, what a horrible shift from start to finish there. Wings look like pure garbage without Dats n Z.

Well-- the Wings are crap without D and Z.
But... the Hawks without Toews and Kane, the Pens without Crosby and Malkin...

RedWingsNow*

It's time for Stephen Weiss to ****ing do something that looks decent. He's practically invisible.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Howard can't stop laughing when Osgood asks him questions during this interview.

Its awkwardly hilarious.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cant beleive they were giving Smith grief for that second goal pinch. It was a standard pinch and he had support but Franzen floated the whole way and just let the goal scorer blow right by him, he actually didnt even skate. That was pathetic

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Cant beleive they were giving Smith grief for that second goal pinch. It was a standard pinch and he had support but Franzen floated the whole way and just let the goal scorer blow right by him, he actually didnt even skate. That was pathetic

Yeah no problem with that pinch at all, wish he would have got it, but the support was there if the guys keep skating or don't fall down.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Season hasn't started. But wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the collective anger shifts from Gator and Cleary to Weiss and Franzen/Alfie. Dats and Z will carry Gator. If Tatar and Nyquist are playing, we cant get that mad at Cleary on the 4th line. But if that 2nd line doesn't produce.....

RedWingsNow*

wonder how many detroit red wings prospects got an MIP charge drinking out of the cup

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ray Shero stealing James Neal still angers me.

At the time I thought Goligoski was going to become more like Brian Rafalski. If that's how it shakes out, it's a pretty even deal. Alas, Goligoski is no Rafalski, so yeah, total highway robbery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->