GDT: 9/21/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Rutta is trash.

Need a better explanation?

Just say that then, dont really appreciate people putting words in my mouth - especially when they are trying to make out Im saying something else, maybe you are just not intelligent enough to handle the conversation. Makes sense. /shrug

All I said is he allowed Hedman to play his natural game and NO ONE scored on them--- again.

Apparently that's trash for you. Good, keep your standards low - keeps you from being disappointed all the time.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Rutta didn't do much besides trip over himself and cause a couple other adventures. I dunno maybe just first game jitters. Maybe Bogo goes back in now that he's had time to get his head straight, though I see the logic in going to Rutta to counter the speed some.
Yeah, everything was an adventure to start. He made a couple good plays later on in the 3rd though to completely defuse any pressure. He had a couple good shots on net that got through as well. I'm not gonna shit on a guy who is dumped into SCF hockey after having not played a meaningful game in months.

That said, he needs to be better as the RHD in our system. He's going to face a beating on the forecheck as he turns to get pucks for his partner and our forewards. He has to shoulder check better and know where he's going with the puck before he gets to it a LOT better. I'm not sure how he's an upgrade over Bogosian. Bogo can take the beating better than Rutta imo.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Rutta didn't do much besides trip over himself and cause a couple other adventures. I dunno maybe just first game jitters. Maybe Bogo goes back in now that he's had time to get his head straight, though I see the logic in going to Rutta to counter the speed some.

Is the only reason he's in the lineup tonight, he played 33 games in the RS and just barely missed half. Coburn already qualifies since he played 40 games for us, I imagine Stephen's will get in for a game also.

For a player to get their name automatically on the Stanley Cup as part of the championship team must have:
  • Played half the regular season, which would be 41 games, or
  • One game in the Stanley Cup Finals

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, everything was an adventure to start. He made a couple good plays later on in the 3rd though to completely defuse any pressure. He had a couple good shots on net that got through as well. I'm not gonna shit on a guy who is dumped into SCF hockey after having not played a meaningful game in months.

That said, he needs to be better as the RHD in our system. He's going to face a beating on the forecheck as he turns to get pucks for his partner and our forewards. He has to shoulder check better and know where he's going with the puck before he gets to it a LOT better. I'm not sure how he's an upgrade over Bogosian. Bogo can take the beating better than Rutta imo.

Gotta think Bogo gets back in the linup next game, I think pulling him after those mistakes in Game 1 was a good idea, he looked lost for the first time as a Lightning.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Just say that then, dont really appreciate people putting words in my mouth - especially when they are trying to make out Im saying something else, maybe you are just not intelligent enough to handle the conversation. Makes sense. /shrug

All I said is he allowed Hedman to play his natural game and NO ONE scored on them--- again.

Apparently that's trash for you. Good, keep your standards low - keeps you from being disappointed all the time.
Lol you can’t really blame them for interpreting “lazy assists” by a defenseman god as having a negative connotation.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Is the only reason he's in the lineup tonight, he played 33 games in the RS and just barely missed half. Coburn already qualifies since he played 40 games for us, I imagine Stephen's will get in for a game also.
The how did Darren Rumble get his name on the 04 cup? Not questioning you just really curious.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Last edited:

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Lol you can’t really blame them for interpreting “lazy assists” by a defenseman god as having a negative connotation.

OH FFS OK I see the problem now (its you guys) what I said was a compliment. For example Like someone is "taking the piss" this means = having a joke with someone Or having a laugh at someones else's expense.

When I said Victor got 2 lazy assists, all I am saying is he did it without much effort or challenge and he did it like he was Steph Curry shooting 3 pointers with ease. Compliment.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

You'd think someone with intelligence would know that Hedman getting 2 assists on the PP has nothing to do with Rutta allowing him to "play his natural game" but hey that's just me.

I didn't put words in your mouth, you were clearly knocking Hedman by calling them "lazy assists."

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
You'd think someone with intelligence would know that Hedman getting 2 assists on the PP has nothing to do with Rutta allowing him to "play his natural game" but hey that's just me.

Couldnt care less anymore what you have to say today. Cool.

Good talk

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A lot of that is the scheme I think. He's not built for a right side lock like that. Our Left side D are so good that we typically let them roam more and let the RHD turn to get pucks in the corners...that's bad if the other team is fast enough to land body blows to your RHD all night. Shattenkirk has never been a big stalwart RHD that can do that reliably. That's not his game.

So yeah, he can be better and has. But I can't blame him entirely. Dallas is just a pretty good forechecking team and they commit to laying the wood on the D once they make them turn.
It felt like every clearing attempt was a tape=to=tape pass.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

I can't imagine you're suggesting Cooper is going to rotate players into the lineup so that they qualify to have their name on the Cup when we're hardly some kind of guarantee to win it.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
OH FFS OK I see the problem now (its you guys) what I said was a compliment. For example Like someone is "taking the piss" this means = having a joke with someone Or having a laugh at someones else's expense.

When I said Victor got 2 lazy assists, all I am saying is he did it without much effort or challenge and he did it like he was Steph Curry shooting 3 pointers with ease. Compliment.

To the multiple posters who misinterpreted...lazy = compliment, duh! Everyone knows that!

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad