GDT: 9/21/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Except when we played CBJ and it was 6-0 in favour of them

Yeah, if there's such a thing as "game management", then that particular game was some "series management" going on. We had one power play chance forthcoming which was cancelled by scoring on the delayed penalty, and then nothing else the rest of the game, in a series we were leading 3-1 going into it. Ludicrous game.

Reactions: Hoek

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Good bounce back win. It got close but after that 2nd goal I thought we did a good job keeping it cool and shutting it down for the most part. Good win. Just 3 more!
I watched game in replay right now. After Dalla`s second goal and Paquette hit the post,i got last years PTSD when we was 3:0 against Columbus and then Kucherov didnt score on PP on Bobrovskiy and we than we lost game and series,so i just skipped to final 3 seconds of the game,cuz i was afraid my heart wont take it....thankfully we won! :D

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
fck me,that hit was so awful. I dont get it when some1 makes such a hits...really dirty play with meaning. Glad tha Kucherov was fine after them and made 2 assists
That's not a dirty hit. The puck was on that side of the ice and Benn is moving towards it in a normal manner. Kucherov was watching the puck and turned into the path of Benn. Benn didn't leave his normal track to make contact and braced for the contact like he was surprised Kuch was even there.

The dirtiest hit was Pavelski's intentionally sticking his leg out to get a piece of Cirelli. He knew he wasn't going to make the check he lined up for because he's slow and Cirelli is quicker, so he extended his leg outside his frame to knee Cirelli in the knee. That was legit dirty.

The hit on Coleman was just a hockey play was borderline as Oleksiak left his skates and elevated his already tall frame. The Comeau hit on Killorn wasn't dirty, was just a spotpicker's hit and late. He didn't pick Killorn's head.

The real issue is that the Lightning need to play between the whistles and absolutely skate away from all of the bullshit the Stars were starting to try to get back into the game. That game should have been 4 or 5 goals for and 1 against had we not given them a lifeline by taking their bait. You get up 3 goals, don't give them any opportunity to feel as if they're in it. Harder to do than it is to say though. Perry is infinitely punchable.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
That's not a dirty hit. The puck was on that side of the ice and Benn is moving towards it in a normal manner. Kucherov was watching the puck and turned into the path of Benn. Benn didn't leave his normal track to make contact and braced for the contact like he was surprised Kuch was even there.

The dirtiest hit was Pavelski's intentionally sticking his leg out to get a piece of Cirelli. He knew he wasn't going to make the check he lined up for because he's slow and Cirelli is quicker, so he extended his leg outside his frame to knee Cirelli in the knee. That was legit dirty.

The hit on Coleman was just a hockey play was borderline as Oleksiak left his skates and elevated his already tall frame. The Comeau hit on Killorn wasn't dirty, was just a spotpicker's hit and late. He didn't pick Killorn's head.

The real issue is that the Lightning need to play between the whistles and absolutely skate away from all of the bullshit the Stars were starting to try to get back into the game. That game should have been 4 or 5 goals for and 1 against had we not given them a lifeline by taking their bait. You get up 3 goals, don't give them any opportunity to feel as if they're in it. Harder to do than it is to say though. Perry is infinitely punchable.
When he hit Kucherov,he never tried to stop,or somehow move his body trying not to hit Kucherov. Yeah it was game moment but if u see that u gotta hit guy in a had even though u dont have chance to avoid that hit,normally u will try to avoid a hit,u will try to stop or move ur body as much as ur body wont hit guy in a had. So for me yeah, it was accidentional hit,but dude could make it less dangerous,and he doesn do it,thats why i think it was a dirty hit with meaning. Hit on Cirelly and Killorn was even dirtier. Even McDonagh`s hit on Dallas dude wasnt so dirty.
Jopefully u will understand why im trying to say)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Yeah this, it's not a hit you guys, it's incidental contact and was mostly Kucherov's fault. He's trying to create speed by circling but he was doing it backwards/puck watching and cut into Benn who was moving to the blueline. If Benn was going for a hit and his arms were up, Kucherov would've been out of the game in that position.

Last edited:
Reactions: PRZ45MD

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Yeah this, it's not a hit you guys, it's incidental contact and was mostly Kucherov's fault. He's trying to create speed by circling and cut into Benn who was moving for a line change. If Benn was going for a hit, Kucherov would've been out of the game in that position.

dude i still think tha if u want u will at least try to avoid that hit,like somehow like in milisecond,Dallas dude not ever trying,so for me it was dirty hit with meaning) not offense)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
dude i still think tha if u want u will at least try to avoid that hit,like somehow like in milisecond,Dallas dude not ever trying,so for me it was dirty hit with meaning) not offense)

Sure if you need something to complain about, at that speed and that close in nobody is avoiding anything especially given that it's a contact sport not a no hit beer league.

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Sure if you need something to complain about, at that speed and that close in nobody is avoiding anything.
what i was trying to say that dude was never trying to avoid hit. He could try to put brakes,or move his body,the only thing he did he put is hands in front of him and hit Kuch. I understand everuthing,speed,he was looking other way,but he was never trying to avoid that. I wont answer u more i have my opinion,i understand what u are trying to say,but i will continue to think that this hit was meant to be as dirty as it was)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's just an innocent collision, Kuch changes his line at the last second. Of course you can look at slow-mo replays and throw blame at Benn but nothing he could do there. Hockey is a fast game.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Dallas definitely came out targeting Kuch. So satisfying to see him stick it to them anyway.
Kuch has matured and doesn’t lose his cool when teams try to get in his head and take him out of his game. Rest of the team needs to observe and to do the same. We took a few needless penalties and that is just what Dallas is trying for. Dallas has to do this stuff to beat us

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->