GDT: 9/21/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay [SCF Game 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
God, how things would be so much different if we had one more finisher.

Sometimes it feels like me need A finisher.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Generally an outstanding last 10 minutes. Controlled play, good O zone time and defended beautifully. Need to bottle that.

Would have been nice to pot a few more against Khudobin and get in his head a bit. He played really well again.

Reactions: PRZ45MD

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Was that Shattenkirk's worst game as a Bolt? I know the bar is really high on that.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
God, how things would be so much different if we had one more finisher.

Sometimes it feels like me need A finisher.
Do we by any chance have someone scratched who could possibly provide some good shooting?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Generally an outstanding last 10 minutes. Controlled play, good O zone time and defended beautifully. Need to bottle that.

Would have been nice to pot a few more against Khudobin and get in his head a bit. He played really well again.

The most impressive thing about this game, to me, was we dominated play after Dallas scored their second goal. Usually that goal would be a back-breaker, but we held stronger than I can ever remember us holding in a situation like that.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Tampa won but it didn't feel like a good win. Still a ton of mistakes and don't feel confident at all about this team right now. Kucherov playing better was a good sign. Scoring on the PP was a good sign. We just gotta cut all the tough guy bullshit and play hockey.

They won't all feel good. The Oleksiak hit was bush league. Imagine being such a p***y that you jump into a guy you are a good half a foot taller than.

We should cherish the games we keep Benn, Radulov, and Seguin off the score sheet. We need depth to contribute like that Paquette miss if we want to keep winning this.

I really hope Stamkos plays game 3. Giving us another option other than Verhaeghe (who wasn't bad) that can chip in would be huge right now. You better believe him being on the bench would be great too. What killed us tonight was missing their high guy/4th man for so many chances. Vasy was good but man, he had to face wayyyu too many grade A chances. Need to take that out of their game.

Each of our lines defensively did really well. I'm impressed they hung on. Didn't expect it, at all.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Huge game for Kuch though, just what we needed. Just hope he can keep it up for the rest of the series.
5E057AD7-F6C0-4927-A56D-3F18716FA532.gif
8868DF52-995C-4829-8237-443BF880ECDC.gif
FD70ED7B-4D41-4C2B-A818-C42826D1CF94.gif

Reactions: Heddyzeppelin

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Shattenkirk gets the game winner, also gave up the 2nd goal, fed Jamie Benn a great assist along with 50 failed clears and 10 icings.

Reactions: Multipass

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Was that Shattenkirk's worst game as a Bolt? I know the bar is really high on that.
A lot of that is the scheme I think. He's not built for a right side lock like that. Our Left side D are so good that we typically let them roam more and let the RHD turn to get pucks in the corners...that's bad if the other team is fast enough to land body blows to your RHD all night. Shattenkirk has never been a big stalwart RHD that can do that reliably. That's not his game.

So yeah, he can be better and has. But I can't blame him entirely. Dallas is just a pretty good forechecking team and they commit to laying the wood on the D once they make them turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad