OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A bay leaf??

Yep, bittersweet chocolate and bay leaf go together well.

You can also use basically the same recipe for other spices with minor tweaks. Cardamom is my SO's favorite. Other options that have turned out well include chili powder, matcha, and ginger.

You can always add a shot of espresso too.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Somebody posted this on a local subreddit the other day

You should make it and get back to us

4OLA3uX4WmgVwzieBnJX1oOLkIg2HESbnCB1izJOdrM.jpg

Have never had brandy or bournon before either.

Wine/champagne, beer, vodka, rum, Jager....I think that's all I have ever had....lol.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yep, bittersweet chocolate and bay leaf go together well.

You can also use basically the same recipe for other spices with minor tweaks. Cardamom is my SO's favorite. Other options that have turned out well include chili powder, matcha, and ginger.

You can always add a shot of espresso too.
@Captain Dave Poulin is disgusted right now. He may have scoffed himself to death.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Of course! Hope you enjoy it, my friend.

1 bar spoon heavy syrup (2 sugar: 1 water)
2 dashes Angostura bitters
2 oz rye or bourbon
Slice of lemon peel
Ice

Put everything except the lemon in a double rocks glass and stir. Express the lemon peel into the liquid, drop it in, and go.

Bus trip to Vikings few years ago buddy mixed almost your exact recipe all the way down. Needless to say we fell out of the bus arriving in Minny.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Have never had brandy or bournon before either.

Wine/champagne, beer, vodka, rum, Jager....I think that's all I have ever had....lol.
Bourbon is very tasty. It's a great sipping drink, especially when it's cold outside. Always seems to warm me up.

I was interested until I saw wine.
The recipe isn't set in stone, feel free to substitute more bourbon instead :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
WTF ??? Got 2nd shot yest. 2 weeks I get my passport and it’s travel time.
In NS...the gap is 105 days from dose 1 to dose 2 as they did so to try and get as many as pssible to have 1 first.

But they have said that they expect that gap to be shortened...by about a month since they have gotten more doses scheduled to come in.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I am not a drinker at all, obviously...lol.

I thought the whisky/whiskey was just a spelling difference by region like color/colour, neighbor/neighbour....lol.

I am learning more and more today.

The whiskey spelling is a regional thing. The brits spell it with no e, the Irish spell it with an e. Of course the Irish way is the correct way. ;):popcorn:

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

This may be the beginning of understanding what the taste/smell loss with COVID-19 was. There was a UK study that had people who were given brain scans and then later after having contracted COVID-19 were re-examined and it was discovered there was a reduction of grey matter and likely damage to areas of the brain including cognitive function, memory and the area which handles tastes/smells.

Important to note this was a very preliminary and small sampling since it included people from a study that had already been examined pre-COVID. The scariest part is hearing that the imaging and damage is similar to what they then see in Alzheimer's patients.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

This may be the beginning of understanding what the taste/smell loss with COVID-19 was. There was a UK study that had people who were given brain scans and then later after having contracted COVID-19 were re-examined and it was discovered there was a reduction of grey matter and likely damage to areas of the brain including cognitive function, memory and the area which handles tastes/smells.

Important to note this was a very preliminary and small sampling since it included people from a study that had already been examined pre-COVID. The scariest part is hearing that the imaging and damage is similar to what they then see in Alzheimer's patients.

Hopefully this can in some way aid in brain mapping, or gene mapping, or something in that area. Maybe a silver lining.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Jimmy Fallon is apparently a Rangers and Islanders fan. Which absolutely checks out with his ingratiating personality.

He is actually just trying to be a fan of those teams. Just like he tries to honestly laugh at everything everyone ever said on his show. He just tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad