OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Expecting any late show, movie, TV show, etc to be funny nowadays is going to lead to a let down. The current culture climate doesn’t allow anyone to go against the grain for fear of being “offensive” and then subsequently cancelled. I can’t think of much funny media from the last half decade of so.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm studying up for a Security+ cert and this book casually just mentioned you can have armed robot guards for your building.

This is why so far I make sure to differentiate between "best practice" and "best reasonable practice"

Reactions: Lord Defect

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I didn't know people other than my grandparents watched late night talk shows...

Although most of you are in their age bracket so I guess it makes sense...

Reactions: Lord Defect

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@JojoTheWhale from here forward can you please heavily endorse terminator drones to protect buildings

Attachments

• PXL_20210618_203520264.jpg
    PXL_20210618_203520264.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 3

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I didn't know people other than my grandparents watched late night talk shows...

Although most of you are in their age bracket so I guess it makes sense...

I wouldn’t regularly watch Leno and Letterman, but as a kid, my parents usually had them on before bed.

But as I got older, I would tape and watch every Craig Ferguson show in his final handful of years. His interviews were god tier compared to other hosts. They were real unscripted conversations — he’d rip up the talking points notecard before every interview — and he’s a brilliant conversationalist. Each episode was totally unpredictable because they worked with a bare bones script and improv’d most of it and went on tangents. It just wasn’t like other stale, beat-by-beat late nite shows. It was my mom’s favorite too, but it was on a little late for her, so she only watched now and again.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Fun fact! Craig Ferguson performed his stand up act at my high school theater like 8-9 years ago. Well, not during school hours. And I had graduated already.

Reactions: Striiker

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
His interviews were god tier compared to other hosts. They were real unscripted conversations — he’d rip up the talking points notecard before every interview — and he’s a brilliant conversationalist.

...also. That one nice quote by Ricky Gervais sums this up pretty well: "Ok. This might be the best chat show ever."

Reactions: Magua

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

Last year the accounting firm principal that lil swami reported to, started emailing the week after giving birth.

When I had my knee replaced 2 years ago, I was fortunately able to take six weeks off, but I will say that if we were working from home back then, I could have started back part time after 2 weeks, and full time after 3 or 4.

I think pretty much all of France takes the whole month of August off.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->