OT: 83rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Balls to the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wouldn’t regularly watch Leno and Letterman, but as a kid, my parents usually had them on before bed.

But as I got older, I would tape and watch every Craig Ferguson show in his final handful of years. His interviews were god tier compared to other hosts. They were real unscripted conversations — he’d rip up the talking points notecard before every interview — and he’s a brilliant conversationalist. Each episode was totally unpredictable because they worked with a bare bones script and improv’d most of it and went on tangents. It just wasn’t like other stale, beat-by-beat late nite shows. It was my mom’s favorite too, but it was on a little late for her, so she only watched now and again.
To this day, I will go down a rabbit hole watching CF interviews on youtube. The amount of sexual inuendos he got away with would never fly in "today's" world.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Damn..this Tiger went totally nuts like some serial killer.

Zookeeper mauled to death by Siberian tiger after electric fence turned off

Jasper, an aggressive male Siberian tiger, scaled a 12 foot high electric fence while the power was down to get at Solomon, who was on the other side.

Noticing the giant 675lb predator coming after him, Solomon desperately tried to climb another fence but was dragged down.

After mauling his former carer, Jasper then jump another fence to get to a rival male called Judah and killed him in a bloody big-cat fight.

The beast then tried mating with Judah’s female sibling Amber when Kragga Kamma Veterinary Hospital and Nature Conservation were called in.

A vet darted both Jasper and Amber with tranquilliser which allowed staff the clear the remains of their colleague and Judah’s body from the pen.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I have mentioned this before, I am red/green colorblind. Well for Father’s Day my wife got me a set of color blind glasses. She couldn’t wait to give them to me and gave them to me today!

You f***ers have been hiding red from me my whole life! Holy shit red is so bright.
What do teams like the Reds or Habs look like to a person that can't see red?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
What do teams like the Reds or Habs look like to a person that can't see red?
So the way my eyes work without the glasses is that red is super muted.

a fire engine red is dark burgundy without glasses. Pink is like a purple and purple is super dark. green was pretty normal for me tho.

I saw an orange ladder and nearly shit my pants.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
So the way my eyes work without the glasses is that red is super muted.

a fire engine red is dark burgundy without glasses. Pink is like a purple and purple is super dark. green was pretty normal for me tho.

I saw an orange ladder and nearly shit my pants.
Do the Flyers look different, as well?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@JojoTheWhale
A34B9776-CBD9-4169-AA8D-67B8339A5A48.jpeg

Man this is tasty. Thank you.

I went with 4oz of makers mark rather than the 2 you suggested. This was a lot of “work” to make the drink so I had to make it worth the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->