OT: 82nd Obsequious Banter Thread: a thread for Bunny facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Supposedly this is what GW would look like as a modern politician in a portrait...

E0z68F5VoAAVFEU.jpeg

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I cant run outside just to run to save my life. I definitely suffer from that mental block. Putting me on a pitch and I'll run all day. Give me an obstacle course of any sort and I'm fine.

Tell me I've gotta run and ..... just run? Maybe a mile on a good day.
What happens if we catch you on an isolated patch of concrete jungle before opening the sack of hungry wolverines?

Reactions: Starat327

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@Appleyard

Your country requires your service. Are you up to the task?

Brits urged to drink 124 pints each to help struggling pubs
I honestly believe a Marine Expeditionary Force could single handedly save the economy in this method. Double the prices on all printed things like menus and tell them you’re giving them the beers at half price(aka normal price). They’ll tear that shit up.
mine MEF has drank an entire town dry before as reported in the navy times.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So, DC area HF'ers, are you hip deep in cicadas yet? I was living there the last time and it is definitely an experience. Once in a lifetime is enough though.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Supposedly this is what GW would look like as a modern politician in a portrait...

View attachment 433967

This is too emotional. In an official portrait GW would not have grinned. He was big on presenting himself stoically, which was quite a feat for him because his go-to reaction to most things was blinding rage. George was an extremely serious man; Martha is probably the only person who truly knew him. He was aloof with everyone else, and that aloofness helped build his legend. This was deliberate.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Captain Dave Poulin I went to get tequila tonight, because it's that annual time where I try some to see if I like it yet. I spite-bought Dwayne The Rock Johnson's reposado. I regret to inform you that it's actually f***ing great.

The culture war has been lost. The world is his. We just live in it. Hurry and and tear open reality so we can merge with the Quackverse.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
This is too emotional. In an official portrait GW would not have grinned. He was big on presenting himself stoically, which was quite a feat for him because his go-to reaction to most things was blinding rage. George was an extremely serious man; Martha is probably the only person who truly knew him. He was aloof with everyone else, and that aloofness helped build his legend. This was deliberate.

Not to get political but the Grand Canyon divide in this country between people is likely a complete 180 from 240 years ago. How would he deal with that?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin I went to get tequila tonight, because it's that annual time where I try some to see if I like it yet. I spite-bought Dwayne The Rock Johnson's reposado. I regret to inform you that it's actually f***ing great.

The culture war has been lost. The world is his. We just live in it. Hurry and and tear open reality so we can merge with the Quackverse.

Nah, tequila is shit. You are engaging in try-hard garbage. You have the power to stop. So stop. If you are aware of how much spite he deserves, then apply free will and engage your spite. You are in control of you. Dwayne is not.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not to get political but the Grand Canyon divide in this country between people is likely a complete 180 from 240 years ago. How would he deal with that?

I think you might be understating the divisions in the country in the aftermath of the Revolutionary War. There were violent rebellions relating to taxation- Shays' Rebellion in Mass and the Whiskey Rebellion in PA. At the time of the drafting and debate over the Constitution many were vehemently opposed to giving the new federal government the power to raise taxes and establish a standing army. Others wanted to abolish slavery. These were much bigger issues than the Affordable Care Act or immigration. There was a real threat that the Southern states would secede and a Civil War could break out. In the end it did, it just took another 70 years to come to a boil.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think you might be understating the divisions in the country in the aftermath of the Revolutionary War. There were violent rebellions relating to taxation- Shays' Rebellion in Mass and the Whiskey Rebellion in PA. At the time of the drafting and debate over the Constitution many were vehemently opposed to giving the new federal government the power to raise taxes and establish a standing army. Others wanted to abolish slavery. These were much bigger issues than the Affordable Care Act or immigration. There was a real threat that the Southern states would secede and a Civil War could break out. In the end it did, it just took another 70 years to come to a boil.

Yes.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

He'd deal with it using whatever blend of force and political mastery was required. I'd expect he would use the threat of the stick to make the carrot taste better, but somehow without leaving people feeling coerced. The guy was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad