OT: 82nd Obsequious Banter Thread: a thread for Bunny facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
People are funny. Must not have liked him much to begin with. Lol
I mean they have been together for 7 years I think. He is kind of not cool with her as is.....she puts up with a lot of shit. Not sure why but relationships are funny that way. I guess we'll see if she makes good on this latest threat...

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
So last night went to dinner at Scannicchio's in "Souf" Philly with some friends. Felt weird. Pretty much nobody wore masks except the servers. We then went to a local bar down the street which got loud and packed...it was a free for all. South Philly is kind of antimask country anyway. All of us were vaccinated except my friend whose politics has turned pretty conspiratorial. I hope I'm covered with my vaccine bc that place def had people with covid. My friend...well....he's on his own despite our one friend yellin at him in a drunken stupor to snap out of his conspiracies and tribal politics and get vaccinated. His gf said she may have to leave him if he doesn't bc all her extended family is vaccinated and they don't want unvaccinated people when they all get together every year at the Outer Banks

This is kind of silly since he isn’t going to get them sick by not being vaccinated. Being vaccinated will only help prevent you from becoming sick, it doesn’t prevent you from carrying it. He would be the only one taking a risk.

CDC is suggesting that the vaccine also helps keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID.

Outside of other health risks, it really seems like if you have the vaccine, you really don't need to be concerned about those around you.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
CDC is suggesting that the vaccine also helps keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID.

Outside of other health risks, it really seems like if you have the vaccine, you really don't need to be concerned about those around you.
The CDC seems to change their mind on Covid every couple of weeks so I’ll continue to assume the Covid vaccine works the same as basically every other vaccine out there until there is more than one week of studying it.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Not that anybody is going to read this like I did but breakthrough cases so far are pretty negligible. The vaccine is by no means a force field but it has so far been shown to be remarkably effective at preventing severe hospitalization and death. People who have breakthrough cases are either mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic. Now if some whacked mutant variant like in India and Brazil starts recycling around the world we'll know by flu season if we got to roll back the "freedoms."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2105000

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I called peco yesterday. Early in the afternoon about a flickering light issue after having Comcast come out about an internet issue. Comcast has a melted wire they think is due to a peco issue. They didn’t come all day yesterday and decided to come out now. When I’m in the middle of making dinner. The only electric I “need” for dinner tonight is my mixer for mashed potatoes.
I don’t have a hand masher.
F. F me. Great response for calling their emergency hotline.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So last night went to dinner at Scannicchio's in "Souf" Philly with some friends. Felt weird. Pretty much nobody wore masks except the servers. We then went to a local bar down the street which got loud and packed...it was a free for all. South Philly is kind of antimask country anyway. All of us were vaccinated except my friend whose politics has turned pretty conspiratorial. I hope I'm covered with my vaccine bc that place def had people with covid. My friend...well....he's on his own despite our one friend yellin at him in a drunken stupor to snap out of his conspiracies and tribal politics and get vaccinated. His gf said she may have to leave him if he doesn't bc all her extended family is vaccinated and they don't want unvaccinated people when they all get together every year at the Outer Banks

I have a conspiracy theory moron anti-vaxxer friend too. Frustrating.

Reactions: Embiid

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not that anybody is going to read this like I did but breakthrough cases so far are pretty negligible. The vaccine is by no means a force field but it has so far been shown to be remarkably effective at preventing severe hospitalization and death. People who have breakthrough cases are either mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic. Now if some whacked mutant variant like in India and Brazil starts recycling around the world we'll know by flu season if we got to roll back the "freedoms."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2105000

I’ve seen some doctor types on twitter encouraged by the Yankees recent outbreak. They had good/decent vaccination rates among the team/personnel I believe. So the feeling was that the potential infections were kept down compared previous sports setting outbreaks. Just 1 of like the 7 infected had been had very mild symptoms (the rest didn’t show any).

Reactions: Embiid

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I’ve seen some doctor types on twitter encouraged by the Yankees recent outbreak. They had good/decent vaccination rates among the team/personnel I believe. So the feeling was that the potential infections were kept down compared previous sports setting outbreaks. Just 1 of like the 7 infected had been had very mild symptoms (the rest didn’t show any).
Israel has also provided some good data. Only thing is that even though they have protected their populace they are involved in another war...

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I think the third act was written in a way to make you want to re-warch the movie to pick up what you missed the first time through.

I had a couple of theories early on that were mostly correct, so I felt like I luckily didn't miss much.
first time I watched it I was thrown off by the backwards and forwards sequences. 2nd time was better

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
@Appleyard

Your country requires your service. Are you up to the task?

Brits urged to drink 124 pints each to help struggling pubs

I reckon I will pass that by next weekend... ahah. Had a party last Saturday, another party this Saturday, and then my birthday the weekend after... plus back in Manchester for the week so meeting up with ~4 groups of different friends on different days... mainly at the pub ahaha. And the last two weekends was in London and Cheltenham at pubs seeing friends.

I am so f***ed when water polo season starts. Ahaha. After June I reckon I will be in the worst shape I have been in maybe 3 years.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't think I will become a perma-masker but definitely will wear one during flu season and when sick. It's a shame people who choose to continue to use them are already being looked down upon. This is what happens when your society is uber individualistic....

They’re Vaccinated and Keeping Their Masks On, Maybe Forever

"It’s not hard to wear a mask,” Mr. Neely said. “It’s not hard in the least.” He is taking his cue from several East Asian countries, he added, where wearing a mask when you’re feeling sick is not just socially acceptable but seen as considerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad