OT: 82nd Obsequious Banter Thread: a thread for Bunny facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My whole thing is if you trusted the CDC previously with their mask mandates and "trust the science" - it goes both ways.

The problem isnt the order or the science. It makes sense to let fully vaccinated people get back to normal life. The problem is the naivety of the CDC in assuming these nutjob anti-vaxxers arent just going to simply lie.

We should have waited until the rate of vaccinated is higher. PA was going to wait until 70% of the State was vaxxed before removing mask mandate. We are at 38% right now.

Now we'll be lucky to get to 50% vaccinated in this State.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Guess we'll see how this plays out. I'm gonna carry my vaccine card with me. Come flu season I will prolly wear a mask in high risk situations. Hopefully, the unvaccinated and maskless people don't get infected by some mutated variant that causes breakthrough infections to those already vaccinated and then we are back to square 1.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The problem isnt the order or the science. It makes sense to let fully vaccinated people get back to normal life. The problem is the naivety of the CDC in assuming these nutjob anti-vaxxers arent just going to simply lie.

We should have waited until the rate of vaccinated is higher. PA was going to wait until 70% of the State was vaxxed before removing mask mandate. We are at 38% right now.

I question the timing as well....this is definitely gonna cause some confusion. To me basically they are saying the pandemic is over...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I question the timing as well....this is definitely gonna cause some confusion. To me basically they are saying the pandemic is over...

Beyond idiotic. They could have at least waited until after Memorial Day so the vaccination rate was higher.

The country is only at 36% fully vaccinated as of today.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

From the start of it until now, those in charge have basically played this about as badly as they possible could. They are the Alains of the non-hockey world, and like Alain, you wouldn't be surprised if they were sabotaging the whole process. Like seriously, if they were trying to exacerbate the situation, can you think of anything they would have done differently? I can't. It's truly pathetic.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
From the start of it until now, those in charge have basically played this about as badly as they possible could. They are the Alains of the non-hockey world, and like Alain, you wouldn't be surprised if they were sabotaging the whole process. Like seriously, if they were trying to exacerbate the situation, can you think of anything they would have done differently? I can't. It's truly pathetic.

tenor-2.gif

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Outside of those who weren't previously eligible, how many people who aren't vaccinated are actually going to get vaccinated at this point?

I don't disagree that 70% would have been a good target...I just don't think we'd ever get there.

Reactions: Lord Defect

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Outside of those who weren't previously eligible, how many people who aren't vaccinated are actually going to get vaccinated at this point?

I don't disagree that 70% would have been a good target...I just don't think we'd ever get there.

There’s probably still a decent amount of people out there that want to eventually get it but probably don’t feel like dealing with the shitty process to get one right now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I dont know. I know people that want to get vaccinated that havent had their 1st appointment yet. You also have to factor in the under 16 issue. They werent even eligible until this past week and its just 12-15. Now many will choose to not get vaxxed because of this.

This is going to backfire. Im very confident it will.

Last edited:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
The CDC has been inconsistent yes, but this was also a virus that was new and we knew little to nothing about it unlike other coronaviruses. That, and Americans treated this pandemic like a joke at the start and at different points over the past 15 months. I won't get into the leadership of the country because you can draw your own conclusions/have your own opinions.

The communication aspect wasn't great either especially the new guidance today. But you can only do so much when half the country thinks what you're saying is fake/won't take you seriously.

As far as vaccinations go, I was able to get one pretty easily in NJ and I became eligible in MD a few weeks ago where I work. And when I went to get my second dose the other day, the vaccine place was empty. We are getting close to the point where everyone who wants one will get one.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The CDC has been inconsistent yes, but this was also a virus that was new and we knew little to nothing about it unlike other coronaviruses. That, and Americans treated this pandemic like a joke at the start and at different points over the past 15 months. I won't get into the leadership of the country because you can draw your own conclusions/have your own opinions.

The communication aspect wasn't great either especially the new guidance today. But you can only do so much when half the country thinks what you're saying is fake/won't take you seriously.

As far as vaccinations go, I was able to get one pretty easily in NJ and I became eligible in MD a few weeks ago where I work. And when I went to get my second dose the other day, the vaccine place was empty. We are getting close to the point where everyone who wants one will get one.

PA/Philly had a terrible roll out. Probably still playing catch up to some degree at this point. NJ for example is/was way ahead of them.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
There’s probably still a decent amount of people out there that want to eventually get it but probably don’t feel like dealing with the shitty process to get one right now.
I know you elaborated in your next post, but the shittiness is highly dependent on region: in NJ, I went to two different megasites a total of four times (with a family member, I don't have a jab kink) and the lines essentially never stopped moving, not for more than a few seconds every now and then. For my second shot a few days ago they had reduced the maze from three unconnected buildings down to just one, and I was vaccinated less than twelve minutes after parking my car. Registration was fully automated, just had to wait for the emails. Don't have a single thing to criticize.

Just wanted to share in case anybody's still on the fence. Some areas are run more competently than others (and I'm not exactly eager to say that about my home state), but I'd imagine everywhere things are moving so much more efficiently than they were two months ago.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
Pretty terrible idea. Vaccination rate is too low. Anti-vaxxers are just going to go maskless now and kill each other and infect children (who cant even get vaccinated yet).

Not sure what the CDC is thinking here.
Not sure either, BUT, there's a reason why they chose it. I'm sure we'll see it in due time. 1 more week and I'm "legal" to go maskless

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
I know you elaborated in your next post, but the shittiness is highly dependent on region: in NJ, I went to two different megasites a total of four times (with a family member, I don't have a jab kink) and the lines essentially never stopped moving, not for more than a few seconds every now and then. For my second shot a few days ago they had reduced the maze from three unconnected buildings down to just one, and I was vaccinated less than twelve minutes after parking my car. Registration was fully automated, just had to wait for the emails. Don't have a single thing to criticize.

Just wanted to share in case anybody's still on the fence. Some areas are run more competently than others (and I'm not exactly eager to say that about my home state), but I'd imagine everywhere things are moving so much more efficiently than they were two months ago.
Vaccine Lancaster was incredible. In and out in 20 minutes tops. I'm sure some LEAN people were involved there to help with efficiency

Reactions: Here4ThaLids

Here4ThaLids

Sep 28, 2018
I can’t even imagine not jumping at getting vaccinated. I hate people. As a species.
There's another segment of society that will get vaccinated, enjoy that long sigh of relief, and then wash their hands of community and laugh as all the anti-vax suckers die from Covid, serves 'em right, yaknowmean?

If there's one scenario that actually gives me fear it's the one where we only hit 60% vaccinated and everyone just relaxes and assumes the virus will become endemic, like seasonal flu; and then six or eight months later, a chance mutation in some backwater jumps the rails and produces a variant that completely bypasses the vaccines and so-called natural immunity from past infection. There's no way we're locking down again, not even the half-assed 'lockdown' we saw. We really need to try to stamp this thing out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don’t think I ever actually met legitimate anti-vaxxer (like the types that think it can make you autistic or whatever the hell they think it can do to). But then again I probably only heard about it within the last 10 years or so through social media.

I work with one. Her and her entire family had covid for the 2nd time last week. She's also pregnant.

Working in Newtown, PA now...aka the biggest Trump stronghold in Bucks County, i've meant a lot of anti-vaxxers and even more anti-maskers. This is not meant to stoke any political conversation fires. We all know which way the Anti crowd leans.

I have almost no tongue left from biting it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I work with one. Her and her entire family had covid for the 2nd time last week. She's also pregnant.

Working in Newtown, PA now...aka the biggest Trump stronghold in Bucks County, i've meant a lot of anti-vaxxers and even more anti-maskers. This is not meant to stoke any political conversation fires. We all know which way the Anti crowd leans.

I have almost no tongue left from biting it.

I get that but even amongst right leaning people that seems to be more prevalent from people in the suburbs/rural areas then ones that grew up/live in the city.

Reactions: Rebels57

Here4ThaLids

Sep 28, 2018

of course it would be Florida. Dude filled up multiple 5gallon gas canisters in his hummer, barely got that far away from the gas station before he smoked a lit a cig and sent the whole thing up.

Funniest thing to me: I think H2s have 32-gallon tanks? Somewhere around there. All of that panic and he couldn't even a hoard a full fill.

Think he begs his insurance to classify it as 'act of God'?

Reactions: Flybynite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->