Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
1) Bunny babies are called "kittens"
2) Bunnies purr when they're happy.

Wait... so are bunnies not just different looking cats?

3) Bunnies eat their own droppings because it is actually healthy for them to do so. :amazed:
4) Connor Bunnaman is not, as far as we can tell, an actual bunny.
5) Even as a kid, it creeped me out that Roger Rabbit was married to a human female.
6) The first appearance of Bugs Bunny was as an unnamed rabbit in a Porky Pig cartoon.
7) Winnie the Pooh and his friends lack awareness for how much damage they do to Rabbit's garden.
8) A hockey fan at heart, Thumper teaches Bambi how to skate.
9) The Cadbury bunny/Easter campaign is one of the greatest, but also strangest, ad campaigns in TV history.
10) Swiftheart, the bunny Carebear cousin, is named because he is incredibly fast, but loses a race in the Carebear cartoons in a tortoise/hare type situation.

Continue further obsequious banter and bunny talk here.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Fact #11: They can be tuned to pitch.

rabbit-gif-3.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
1) Bunny babies are called "kittens"
2) Bunnies purr when they're happy.

Wait... so are bunnies not just different looking cats?

3) Bunnies eat their own droppings because it is actually healthy for them to do so. :amazed:
4) Connor Bunnaman is not, as far as we can tell, an actual bunny.
5) Even as a kid, it creeped me out that Roger Rabbit was married to a human female.
6) The first appearance of Bugs Bunny was as an unnamed rabbit in a Porky Pig cartoon.
7) Winnie the Pooh and his friends lack awareness for how much damage they do to Rabbit's garden.
8) A hockey fan at heart, Thumper teaches Bambi how to skate.
9) The Cadbury bunny/Easter campaign is one of the greatest, but also strangest, ad campaigns in TV history.
10) Swiftheart, the bunny Carebear cousin, is named because he is incredibly fast, but loses a race in the Carebear cartoons in a tortoise/hare type situation.

Continue further obsequious banter and bunny talk here.

On a totally unrelated note, the operator of the Quebec Lapins recently called this person "a man-sized hemorrhoid."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Do you guys get Line of Duty? Aka the best British programme of the 21st century? If not, get it!

I watched the first season and it was really dull, but everyone I know loves it and says it gets way better. You should watch "Spiral" ("Engrenages"), a French cop drama similar to "NYPD Blue."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You're the reason Dwayne The Rock Johnson is absolutely blitzkrieging the culture war.

I'm still not watching his f***ing sitcom though, nor am I voting for that bitch for president. He's the kind of guy who would jump in a helicopter in real life and just assume he could muscle his way through flying it because he pretended to do so in a movie. F***ing ass clown.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
For today's Medal of Honor I was going to do a write up on the Doolittle Raid, since that happened on April 18, 1942, but I decided to check for another MoH awarded for that particular date, and I found a great one.

Michael Daly was born in New York City in 1924. He was the son of a WW1 veteran who had been nominated for the MoH twice himself, but never received it, having to 'settle' for a Distinguished Service Cross. After graduating high school, Daly attended West Point for a year, but dropped out partly due to poor grades and partly so he could go fight sooner. He landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day, and fought his way across France before being wounded in Aachen during the Allied invasion of that city. After recovering from his wounds, he was given a battlefield commission to Second Lieutenant, getting there a couple years quicker than if he had stayed at the Academy.

A few months later, Daly had been promoted again, and was leading a company during the invasion of Nuremberg. As he and his men were advancing through some open ground, a machine gun opened up on them. Daly ordered his boys to take cover while he put the war on easy mode, flanked the position, and promptly shot all three men. As they continued their advance, the company encountered a German patrol. Noting that they had rocket launchers to take out any Allied tanks in the area, Daly again ordered his men to hold position while he attacked the enemy solo. He quickly dispatched of all six men. As they continued into the city, they entered a park, and were again fired on by a German machine gun. Daly fired on it while his men took cover, completely ignoring his total lack of cover, and killed the men manning it. Shortly after that, they encountered another machine gun emplacement.

What do you think happened?

Daly single-handedly destroyed the position from only about 10 yards away. He would eventually be awarded the Medal of Honor for single-handedly killing over a dozen Germans and continuing to lead his men. Before that, though, he had some healing to do. The day after he took on half the German army solo, he took a bullet to the head. It entered through one of his ears and exited the opposite cheek. He survived, though, because he was fighting the war on easy mode as I noted earlier. It took him over a year, but he was able to recover, and lived until 2008, passing away due to pancreatic cancer. Sadly, most of his military records were destroyed in a fire, so I can't find any specifics, but he was a highly decorated soldier. In addition to the MoH, he was awarded three Silver Stars and a Bronze Star, as well as a couple Purple Hearts due to his wounds.

michael-j-daly-51e56a9f-f0f5-49ad-810b-492590636fd-resize-750.jpg

MoH Citation said:
Early in the morning of 18 April 1945, he led his company through the shell-battered, sniper-infested wreckage of Nuremberg, Germany. When blistering machine-gun fire caught his unit in an exposed position, he ordered his men to take cover, dashed forward alone, and, as bullets whined about him, shot the three-man gun-crew with his carbine. Continuing the advance at the head of his company, he located an enemy patrol armed with rocket launchers which threatened friendly armor. He again went forward alone, secured a vantage point, and opened fire on the Germans. Immediately he became the target for concentrated machine-pistol and rocket fire, which blasted the rubble about him. Calmly, he continued to shoot at the patrol until he had killed all six enemy infantrymen. Continuing boldly far in front of his company, he entered a park, where as his men advanced, a German machine gun opened up on them without warning. With his carbine, he killed the gunner; and then, from a completely exposed position, he directed machine-gun fire on the remainder of the crew until all were dead. In a final duel, he wiped out a third machine-gun emplacement with rifle fire at a range of 10 yards. By fearlessly engaging in four singlehanded firefights with a desperate, powerfully armed enemy, Lt. Daly, voluntarily taking all major risks himself and protecting his men at every opportunity, killed 15 Germans, silenced three enemy machine guns, and wiped out an entire enemy patrol. His heroism during the lone bitter struggle with fanatical enemy forces was an inspiration to the valiant Americans who took Nuremberg.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For today's Medal of Honor I was going to do a write up on the Doolittle Raid, since that happened on April 18, 1942, but I decided to check for another MoH awarded for that particular date, and I found a great one.

Michael Daly was born in New York City in 1924. He was the son of a WW1 veteran who had been nominated for the MoH twice himself, but never received it, having to 'settle' for a Distinguished Service Cross. After graduating high school, Daly attended West Point for a year, but dropped out partly due to poor grades and partly so he could go fight sooner. He landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day, and fought his way across France before being wounded in Aachen during the Allied invasion of that city. After recovering from his wounds, he was given a battlefield commission to Second Lieutenant, getting there a couple years quicker than if he had stayed at the Academy.

A few months later, Daly had been promoted again, and was leading a company during the invasion of Nuremberg. As he and his men were advancing through some open ground, a machine gun opened up on them. Daly ordered his boys to take cover while he put the war on easy mode, flanked the position, and promptly shot all three men. As they continued their advance, the company encountered a German patrol. Noting that they had rocket launchers to take out any Allied tanks in the area, Daly again ordered his men to hold position while he attacked the enemy solo. He quickly dispatched of all six men. As they continued into the city, they entered a park, and were again fired on by a German machine gun. Daly fired on it while his men took cover, completely ignoring his total lack of cover, and killed the men manning it. Shortly after that, they encountered another machine gun emplacement.

Daly single-handedly destroyed the position from only about 10 yards away. He would eventually be awarded the Medal of Honor for single-handedly killing over a dozen Germans and continuing to lead his men. Before that, though, he had some healing to do. The day after he took on half the German army solo, he took a bullet to the head. It entered through one of his ears and exited the opposite cheek. He survived, though, because he was fighting the war on easy mode as I noted earlier. It took him over a year, but he was able to recover, and lived until 2008, passing away due to pancreatic cancer. Sadly, most of his military records were destroyed in a fire, so I can't find any specifics, but he was a highly decorated soldier. In addition to the MoH, he was awarded three Silver Stars and a Bronze Star, as well as a couple Purple Hearts due to his wounds.

he used the "wait" command on his squad because, like Lydia, they'd just get in the way.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

This is the offer over enlisted will die for happily. An officer willing to do exactly what he wants his men to do, and this this case, what he doesn’t want his men to do. I hope this man never paid for a beer in his life.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Bunnies eat their first round of poop because they cannot properly digest nutrients the first go around.
This is called second harvest.
A good rule of thumb if you want to keep one as a pet, if the poop is M&M sized, don’t clean it up. If it’s peanut M&M sizes, their done with it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reminder to wrestling fans, A&E has the Biography of Steve Austin on tonight. It's an 8 part series where each week is a different guy.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I bought a new fancy mattress today. I’m excited. My old mattress was.....old and had a bit of a divot in it. Which isn’t ideal for a multitude of reasons.
I really dislike pillow top mattresses after enjoying one the past few years. Normal mattresses you’re supposed to flip every 6 months or so, and the pillow tops you obviously cannot. I feel like they wear out faster.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad