Post-Game Talk: #82: Hurricanes at FLYERS, Saturday, Apr. 6, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Clement is suggesting signing Karlsson (he’s not a “defensive defenseman” though) and then trading Ghost.

JJ wants more size up front — like Kevin Hayes. Need to get more physical. Oh, yes, and a pest.

My brain has an owie. Not as big as their owie though.
Nah on Hayes. Size means nothing if you don’t use it. Hayes doesn’t really use his size unless it’s on the boards and I don’t want to pay 6mil to a marginal 2C.

TK is our pest. Laughton and Hartman do a fine job at that too. If no other F are signed... NAK excels in that... BUT HE HAS TO BE IN THE f***ING NHL!. I do agree with more physical players. My opinion would be to build a physical system and have the players buy in.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
No, this offseason is definitely bigger than the last several.

Well, last offseason was also big; the year hinged on Hakstol being replaced more than anything else and Hextall was inactive on the thing that really mattered. It was time to do something to start walking into the future and Hextall decided not to.

Hexy gacked that decision so badly that he deserved to be fired for that alone.

BUT it will be interesting to see if people's opinions about him and the switch to Fletch change at all after this offseason. For example, if he royally ****s up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How much do you think JJ and Clement actually hear from the upper management types?

I feel like Clement wouldn't drop the stuff about Ghost being traded if Fletcher considered him an important core piece.

There's so much smoke around the idea of him getting traded - I'd be more surprised if he weren't traded TBH.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Clement is suggesting signing Karlsson (he’s not a “defensive defenseman” though) and then trading Ghost.

JJ wants more size up front — like Kevin Hayes. Need to get more physical. Oh, yes, and a pest.

My brain has an owie. Not as big as their owie though.

I wouldn’t mind a guy like Ferland to be honest.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Just wanted to tell you guys that it's been an honor posting with you all over the course of the season. I haven't been posting much in the live threads for the last few months because of a close family member becoming sick and recently passing. Reading these threads and suffering as Flyer fans together help through tough times.
Here's to a good offseason!

Sorry for your loss. Take care of family. It is more important than hockey

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
How much do you think JJ and Clement actually hear from the upper management types?

I feel like Clement wouldn't drop the stuff about Ghost being traded if Fletcher considered him an important core piece.
But he does know Clarke for almost 50 years. Clement also mentioned multiple times "big moves/shakeup" including a huge FA splash plus multi-player trades.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

It’s just so unprofessional for the crew to talk about a specific player being traded who is young and under contract. Not a deadline player.

They sugarcoat everything and everyone, garbage and all. Yet, throw that out there. I also am of the “I’ll be surprised if he stays” frame of mind.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Just wanted to tell you guys that it's been an honor posting with you all over the course of the season. I haven't been posting much in the live threads for the last few months because of a close family member becoming sick and recently passing. Reading these threads and suffering as Flyer fans together help through tough times.
Sorry for your loss, losing family is never easy, but keep your head up, mourn and stay positive, thanks for letting us share with you in your time of need

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Really sorry to hear that dude. Wish the best for you and your family.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
slipping my mind, but is there a certain date we could technically hire Q? Could we do it tomorrow or would we have to wait until the postseason ends? I know Berube turned Blues season around but I've read things suggesting Blues could still try to get Q.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad