Post-Game Talk: #82: Hurricanes at FLYERS, Saturday, Apr. 6, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
What dramatic nonsense. Only Flyers fans could have:

1) The best young goalie in hockey
2) One of the youngest overall line-ups in hockey
3) One of the best prospect pools in hockey
4) ~$15m in cap space

...and suggest there’s no light at the end of the tunnel.

All the tools are there....just need someone who knows how to use them...

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
2xyyek.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Read on Twitter that exit interviews are today already. Should be interesting.

And apparently Fletcher said the coaching situation won’t be a long process, so we should know our fate semi-soon, I guess.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Teams have seasons like this, Winnipeg had 99 points in 2014-15, 78 points in 2015-16.
Winnipeg did nothing, struggled one more season, then 114 points in 2017-18.

Don't think Fletcher will have that luxury, but I don't see a flurry of moves, rather, one major trade, one major FA signing, and some depth moves trading middle round picks and second tier prospects for veteran contracts with 1-2 years left on them.

Flyers will have a great Phantoms team, but I don't think they want to go through another season shuffling Weise, Lehtera, Weal, Varone, Knight and Bailey on the 4th line. Or depend on prospects like Rubtsov, Kase, Laberge, Bunnaman, etc to be ready in October.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The draft isn't until June 21, it's now April 7.
I think what Fletcher was implying is he's targeting a HC who won't be in the playoffs, but he doesn't have anyone locked up.
So he starts with Q, then goes down the list.

Which means he doesn't know when he'll get his guy, but it won't take two months because he won't have to wait to see who advances in the playoffs.

occultist goat

Mar 16, 2019
correct me if I'm wrong but the Rangers fired their coach as soon after the season ended I think...if so, Fletcher has to do the same.
no more waiting around anymore. JUST DO IT

200w.webp

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The draft isn't until June 21, it's now April 7.
I think what Fletcher was implying is he's targeting a HC who won't be in the playoffs, but he doesn't have anyone locked up.
So he starts with Q, then goes down the list.

Which means he doesn't know when he'll get his guy, but it won't take two months because he won't have to wait to see who advances in the playoffs.
Agreed. I don't see the inconsistency in saying that it will be done before the draft, but there's no timeframe. Pretty obvious he simply meant there's no timetable on when it will be done other than it will be done before the draft. Mocking Fletcher about that is some ridiculous nitpicking.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Fire everyone. Get a competent coaching staff. How long has it been that these kids have had one? There is a stank in this organization. Its starts with the staff and Holmgren. See how the players who really struggled do under a staff that has a goddamn clue
How many years are the players going to keep getting excuses made for them? At some point maybe the players and the roster are to blame, not the coaching.

Reactions: tymed

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
How many years are the players going to keep getting excuses made for them? At some point maybe the players and the roster are to blame, not the coaching.

As long as the coaching staff doesn’t either work to the team’s strengths or appropriately distribute ice time.

This seems like a “pick yourself up by your bootstraps” kinda criticism. Awful hard with no boots to begin with.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Going through the last PGT of the season felt exactly like going through this shit of a season: just one giant nontstop what-the-f***. I am curious as hell what kind of team I'm about to see in Prague in October

Reactions: Foggy14

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So coaching doesn’t matter? We have had a incompetent coaching staff for far too long.
This is a flawed team. I have said it numerous times. But coaching matters.
Have Hakstol and Gordons system of teaching guys how to play been fine?
Again, this roster has issues. But lets not ignore that this organization has had well below average coaching and management for far too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad