OT: 80th Obsequious Banter Thread: Do You Believe In Miracles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I went to the range today for the first time in what seemed like forever. Felt good to be in the sunshine.

I had routine blood tests a couple weeks ago and my doctor told me that my Vitamin D is low. Made me think that I hardly get any sun these days. Unfortunately it's still pretty much a world of snow and ice up here so not much to do about it other than take supplements.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I had routine blood tests a couple weeks ago and my doctor told me that my Vitamin D is low. Made me think that I hardly get any sun these days. Unfortunately it's still pretty much a world of snow and ice up here so not much to do about it other than take supplements.
At least you aren't in Alaska or Antarctica. I would die with months of no sunlight. Counting the days till more daylight.....

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Apologies in advance to @BernieParent but I was doing some theological pondering.

So when people talk about fighting various deities, the usual superpowers talked about when fighting Jesus are stuff like "He's a carpenter so he's strong, he can raise the dead so zombie army, even if you kill him he'll just come back for you over and over like the Terminator." I think this is missing the point entirely. These are inelegant solutions for Jesus. If for some insane reason I found myself in a fight with Jesus, my biggest fear is that he would turn all the water in my body into wine. That's game over. There's no beating that.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Apologies in advance to @BernieParent but I was doing some theological pondering.

So when people talk about fighting various deities, the usual superpowers talked about when fighting Jesus are stuff like "He's a carpenter so he's strong, he can raise the dead so zombie army, even if you kill him he'll just come back for you over and over like the Terminator." I think this is missing the point entirely. These are inelegant solutions for Jesus. If for some insane reason I found myself in a fight with Jesus, my biggest fear is that he would turn all the water in my body into wine. That's game over. There's no beating that.
Oh come on, your alcoholic ass would be fine. You would be mildly buzzed, at worst.

Reactions: Lord Defect

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Thanks for summoning me, @Beef Invictus. I had to laugh at your interesting weaponization of Jesus' winemaking skills. And you are talking about the human embodiment of Jesus; the divine one (as described in Revelation) has a sword that comes out of His mouth that slices and dices the hordes of the other side. Definitely don't want to mess with Him.

Was this a random thought or part of an ongoing subthread?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thanks for summoning me, @Beef Invictus. I had to laugh at your interesting weaponization of Jesus' winemaking skills. And you are talking about the human embodiment of Jesus; the divine one (as described in Revelation) has a sword that comes out of His mouth that slices and dices the hordes of the other side. Definitely don't want to mess with Him.

It was a random thought. I haven't slept enough lately.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Wow. You weren’t kidding.
36C096D1-DC8E-4348-8438-9CDEAB94465A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad